Tails of Thabow.

For all your conversion projects.
Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Tails of Thabow.

Post by Thabow » Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 am

yeahh my WIP thread is now more viewed then, How to Remove Paint from Miniatures Metal and Plastic

thank you for your interest.

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Mon May 14, 2018 8:57 am

and here's what I got done over the weekend, the bases were started saturday morning.

and thats how quick I do the big bases, as dirty as that might sound.

more to come...

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am

Thabow wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 am
yeahh my WIP thread is now more viewed then, How to Remove Paint from Miniatures Metal and Plastic
I hate to burst your bubble, but bots probably account for most of that. Every time you post (and you are prolific), you're going to get "views" from every search bot on the internet. The fact that the paint removal thread has that many views without 27 pages of replies is incredible, as bots are generally a "one and done" view. I must admit that the only reason I continue to read your thread is out of a perverse curiosity over whether or not anyone will actually buy your landship. :?:

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm

huh.. well that is bit soul destroying but would explain why there are far more views then replies or comments. maybe I'll stop, I seem to be the only one active in this section most weeks anyway.

as for the hand ship I've been lazy about selling it got too much other work on my desk, the only ones I've really offered it to is miniwar games and I didn't even get a "oh thats cool, too much for us thought thanks" so I guess it will sit for awhile, of course if it sits long enough I'll have to paint it and then the price goes way up.

so thanks to my number one fan Munin, I'm a little crushed, but hard to keep down, we'll see what happens....

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 pm

and hey wait a minute, if you go back through my whole thread, I've come up with more then a few ideas over the years, to say you only check the thread to see if the landship sold, is ...well. a waste.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Don't take it too hard, this entire forum has slowed down a lot in the last few years. The most prolific posters of yore are pretty quiet now, and the weekly pledge thread is largely the same small handful of folks every week. If it weren't for Nappen's tireless work (even more impressive considering how often he relocates), this entire forum subsection would probably dry up on the vine.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

marching on,

here's a base I did for free for a friend, took three hours start to finish, not bad if I do say so......to myself?

more to come..

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Thats a very nice base! How are you going to cover up the paint on the trim, though? Will it be painted as well?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu May 24, 2018 11:21 am

a dark stain which the client wanted to do himself which is why I wasn't too worried about getting some on the base. I'd even do a black if it were mine.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 pm

hummm,

well thats strange, this morning I got the idea to build a Ork mobile tower, so I did, and start to finish, I kid you not, it took four hours. so I emailed myself the pics and then deleted them from my phone and now some how I can't open them? so tomorrow I'll post pics of the finished project, but I won't be able to prove or rather show you how I did it, crap..

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon May 28, 2018 2:44 am

Thabow wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 pm
hummm,

well thats strange, this morning I got the idea to build a Ork mobile tower, so I did, and start to finish, I kid you not, it took four hours. so I emailed myself the pics and then deleted them from my phone and now some how I can't open them? so tomorrow I'll post pics of the finished project, but I won't be able to prove or rather show you how I did it, crap..
I personally hate it, too, when such things happen. Though you've shown us soooo many crazy (in terms of size and effort) builds of yours before, no one will doubt you, when you tell us you built another huge project in a short amount of time! :D Though WIP pics are always nice to see a project evolve step by step!
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon May 28, 2018 7:46 pm

thanks for the vote of confidence.

WIP pics came through after all.

so step one.

step two thru 14

and then skip the basing pics and here it is mostly finished, I got shy towards the end and went back to the commission work.

more to come.....

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm

I've got some better pics on the way

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 pm

slight;y better pics,

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 29, 2018 2:44 am

That would surely make for some nice "Kill Team" terrain, wouldn't it? Cool idea and neat execution of it!
Painted in 2018:

Return to “Wargaming Conversion Work”