Orky Vehicle Proxies Lots of Pics

For all your conversion projects.

What do you guys think of these proxies?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 pm

1. Stink it up big time, waste of money and effort
No votes
2. Decent start, got some ideas from it
11%
3. Love it, truly orky, gonna use these as a start to make my own
89%

Total votes: 9

dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Orky Vehicle Proxies Lots of Pics

Post by dcrabb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:09 pm

I like the KVs as Orky tanks but I felt they fit the looted wagon role more than a battle wagon one. The passenger capacity on a KV just doesn't feel big enough to match the capacity of what a battle wagon should be.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:26 pm

dcrabb wrote:I like the KVs as Orky tanks but I felt they fit the looted wagon role more than a battle wagon one. The passenger capacity on a KV just doesn't feel big enough to match the capacity of what a battle wagon should be.
I think the same unless you give it the Killkanon upgrade or the FW Supa Kannon upgrade. But for troops transports, I would use something else just as you.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:41 am

Since they are open top I imagine they just ride on top. It's a massive 1:35 kit, and could easily carry 20 models.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

UPDATE Orky Vehicle Proxies Lots o Pics Some Paint + a Surpr

Post by dcrabb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:49 am

Here are two of the vehicles with some base coat paint on them. Primed black with a thinned red for a rusty, orky feel. You may have noticed that I've added a second in work orkified Lee to the collection. It is a shade smaller than the first. That is the difference between 1/32 and 1/35 scale.

ImageP1020700 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

ImageP1020701 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

And for an added bonus, teaser, here is the start of my Orky Air Force

ImageP1020696 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Yes, it will be amazing. I'm looking foward to see the next steps!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG