Hunters in Cataclysm

Discussion for the WoW MWG Guild.
The Airman
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Hunters in Cataclysm

Post by The Airman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 pm

eldardude wrote:if this isn't the biggest display of nerdism than i don't know what would beat it. also what the hell is stuff about WoW doing on a miniwargaming site? i mean it this is a miniwargame and someone can prove that it is i am perfectly happy to screw myself
You're calling an MMO nerdy? Congratulations, you're essentially calling a white man white. From what I can tell you're on the "I hate popular things" bandwagon, and it shows through your extraordinary display of stupidity (with your post). And no, that's not flaming because it's TRUE in this case. This is a subsection of the OFF TOPIC section. That's why it's on this forum.

And there is actually a mod in World of Warcraft called 'Wargames' where ranked teams square off on battlegrounds. Now, if you have anymore innately droll questions....

No? Fantastic. Now GTFO my thread. ;D
Clearly Superior.

'Airman, a winner is you. :wink: '-commando_jim
'I <3 you Airman!'-dreadlord
'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin
'I agree with Airman 100%'-Ashran

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

Oh my, Airman...Getting snappy are we?

And getting trolled, very, very hard :roll:

I'm doing fine trapping targets, but, I find it sorta irritating that back in vanilla and BC, hunters and mages were pretty much the only reliable in combat CCers with hunters having to get the enemy to trap, but, the trap not healing them where as mage pretty much healed the mob half way to full, but, now I'd honestly say hunters are one of the weakest CCers since almost every class has some sort of reliable CC that lasts just as long as the hunter's and is easier/more reliable to apply.

I say this because hunter traps are stationary, trap launcher does help in this some, but, unless the group allows you to trap pull, the target will probebly be moving too much or stacking with other mobs to reliably trap thus requiring you to use distracting shot to some how move the mob away from the rest, and it's on a quite harsh cooldown of 30 seconds (or 24 seconds with certain talents) so if some idiot AOEs your trap, you can't just reapply it instantly like a polymorph, you just gotta let others take it or take it yourself until you can trap again...Plus in PVP people can just skip right around your trap because blizz decided to take away it's invisibility

I'm just saying, I can still trap targets fine in PVE, but, it seems like I'm less useable then just about every other range DPS because they can just target enemy and hit one button to instantly CC it for an indefinite amount of time no matter what.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:44 am

Why yes, failed logic is an eyesore -- especially when in my threads. ;D

As for hunter CC, it's a cakewalk in a dungeon. The first thing you should do it play a survival hunter. Why? Wyvern sting in addition to freezing trap. You can take a look at my spec if you need help. The groups should allow you to CC pull with the trap, and you can sting a secondary target. Be sure to hit 'Ctrl 2' in order to recall your pet if you do fire off a wyvern sting, your pet WILL try to attack said target. You can create a macro to iron this out, but with all of my current macros, I'm too lazy to tinker around with them out of fear I'll break something.

Anyhow, I've noticed that if you re-freezing trap a mob even when it's frozen, the trap breaks. This could be on account of my glyph, or it could be that Blizzard hates hunters. Anyhow, the hunter is a PvE/pubstomp class, so it's easy to be a decent player while topping the damage charts.

However, I would much prefer a freezing allow (like we had in Wrath). Other than that, I'm adjusting well to PvE, but PvP is STILL a problem. I do have 1700 resilience though, so it helps a small bit.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:00 am

The person was trolling though, and you fell into it hook, line, and sinker. Just like if you say 6-6*6=0 on trade, the logic is deliberately fail so as to get all the trollops raging or showing unecessary emotion over a trivial topic.

I'm not saying hunter CC is hard in dungeons now, but, it just seems subpar compared to other classes because it takes more time and a bit more concentration to trap a target for the same CC duration and ability to break to damage as other classes who can just hit one button to CC for the same duration.

Are you saying the trap is breaking long enough for it to hit you before refreezing or that the second trap doesn't even activate and it just flat breaks? I don't have that problem, I was doing HTT and there were 3 mobs left and only me and the mage were surviving, we nuked down one of them at low health and then I trapped one of them for 4 minutes solid while the mage sheeped another for an equal time and I never had a problem with my mob unfreezing when he should be refreezing.

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am

I mean if I were to plant a trap onto an already frozen mob to refreeze it, the effect isn't reapplied.

I don't know about subpar -- right now our CC works great in PvE. All that's required is an experienced eye and swift hand. But as we progress into the realm on PvP, our forms off CC become a noticeable problem.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:48 am

Hm, I'm not having that problem with my traps, it's always reapplied.

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 pm

It must be the frost trap glyph then. I just tested it on my other hunter (I have two) and, without the glyph, the mob is retrapped just fine. Ont he other hand, the freezing trap effect greats the freezing trap effect. Ah well, any hunter worth his salt lays a trap just in front of said mob to refreeze him.

Also: I doubt he was trolling, he had to of been serious.
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Oooh, hunters can now auto shot while running without aspect of the fox up :twisted:

The Airman

Post by The Airman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:32 pm

:D
Clearly Superior.

'I <3 you aman!'-Ronin

Valandil
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Valandil » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Nice! That'll help make them a lot more mobile.
The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

— General Sulla +++

Noice.

yoyomansizzle
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by yoyomansizzle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:08 pm

It's funny how he called WoW nerdy when he plays with plastic men :D
Rengar 2012.
"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42