Deathwing
No votes

Total votes: 8

crocketman
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: WoW Voting Thread

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Pirates..... Always voting for themselves.... But seriously, why are we voting this? I planned on keeping my mage(whom I won't be playing that often) as the guild holder, and giving the MWG'ers the power to do mostly everything so long as no dreadlord handbaggery occurs.

As ashran said, I have been playing the longest, but I have but seldomely led raids and such, I can keep a guild together, but I don't have the time to be a raid leader.
Last edited by crocketman on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Didn't realize a drunk giant could be so mean :(" -YoYoMansizzle
9kdps.com
Let's see how long till I am banned.

Marsdreamer
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Marsdreamer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Ashran, cause he got this stuff started.

>>Mars out.
Last edited by Marsdreamer on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What I'm Working On:

Chaos Daemons - WIP
Tau - WIP

War, war never changes.

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm

If it makes you feel better, I voted for you anyway...

I insist we make a guild rank called Dreadlord Handbag by the way.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Ashran wrote:If it makes you feel better, I voted for you anyway...

which yoyo shall never get promoted from as he started this popularity contest.
9kdps.com

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

crocketman wrote:
Ashran wrote:If it makes you feel better, I voted for you anyway...

which yoyo shall never get promoted from as he started this popularity contest.
Can it not have chat privledges? :wink:

Marsdreamer
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Marsdreamer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

crocketman wrote:Pirates..... Always voting for themselves.... But seriously, why are we voting this? I planned on keeping my mage(whom I won't be playing that often) as the guild holder, and giving the MWG'ers the power to do mostly everything so long as no dreadlord handbaggery occurs.
While that is a good idea, I still think that we should have some sort of hierarchy so its not just a grab-bag. While I envisioned the Guild always remaining under your control Crocket, I imagined that if you were not (for some strange reason) chosen as Guild Master that the powers associated with GM could be given to a particular member and they would be responsible for organizing and dealing with larger guild related issues.

I also figured that we could have a rank system and promote one member to some sort of officer status for every 5 or 10 members within the guild, that way the GM isn't** overwhelmed with dealing with a bunch of stuff.

Another interesting idea I thought of (that we certainly don't have to do) is make every Officer "in charge" of 4 other members. IE, members with idea's, complaints, or anything else can come to that particular officer. Again, this way the GM isn't shotgunned with tons of mail, responsibility is delegated, and nobody has the "chore" of dealing with too much guild related stuff.. This officer could also lead these members in perhaps Arena teams if we get to that point.

I'm just spinning here, so.. Yeah.. Just thoughts.

>>Mars out.
What I'm Working On:

Chaos Daemons - WIP
Tau - WIP

War, war never changes.

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:40 pm

If that were the sort of system we'd go with then each 'officer' would probebly need to be in charge of more then 4, probebly 10-15 (they can now BG, raid, or arena) but that might lead to problems, people becoming too absorbed in their own social units, if an officer deserts then their flock deserts, etc. (I've seen it happen, three or so of my guild have been obliterated by a well liked officer leaving and half the guild following him)

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, that'd be a good idea, we could separate it by class or name and such... I have an 75 ish lock and a 80 priest... both leveled to 60 pre BC(so I know hardships of leveling lol)

I have generally a good knowledge on every class(except druid which is why I am leveling one. I'm not too great with paladins either...)... one thing I am good with is dealing with trolls lol, I have never been pushed around in game, however I have never been Gkicked for dreadlord handbaggery either..... I think I can handle any major issues, but small things definately should be handles by the officers, however.... I'm sorry yoyo, but you have self admitted you don't have much experience, so what are the qualifications to being an officer(not meaning to pick on you, but if you don't know the answers I can't have people asking you the questions)... I know mars has high levels, and Ashran has been playing for almost as long as me, but I need people with a understanding of game mechanics to run it...
9kdps.com

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Ashran wrote:If that were the sort of system we'd go with then each 'officer' would probebly need to be in charge of more then 4, probebly 10-15 (they can now BG, raid, or arena) but that might lead to problems, people becoming too absorbed in their own social units, if an officer deserts then their flock deserts, etc. (I've seen it happen, three or so of my guild have been obliterated by a well liked officer leaving and half the guild following him)
I'm thinking more of, you have a problem or question talk to "Random name"
9kdps.com

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm

we could have class leaders... such as the hunter leader(this is my Vanilla wow brain speaking lol) makes sure to inform me which hunters are survivability spec'd and I kick them from guild(obviously the talent tree has changed since it was a lol-spec)
9kdps.com

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Mars, mind if I steal your idea and run with it?

Assuming an average sized guild, between 100-200 members (including alts)

going from top to bottum in rank

Dreadlord Handbag - Punishment/for the lawlz rank (possibly for bank alts or the like?)

Minion/Cannonfodder - New member, pretty much no abilities other then speech, remains so for ~1 month to avoid guild bank theft or guild abuse. Also a waiting room of sorts when building a new Pack (group of 5) or Legion (group of 10-15)

Underling - Basic member, some privledges to guild bank

Taskmaster - Sergeant of sorts, leads an assigned group of 5 in dungeons, mainly there just to keep casuals active and has slightly more power in guild

Pit Lord - raid and BG leaders, they have between 10 and 15 under them and are senior members of the guild with extensive Gbank access (so as to equip raiders well) power to invite as well.

Conclave - Ring of MWGers that have full guild powers and have full powers of all members

Master of The Conclave - GM

edit: I remember people attempting to be melee hunters w/ surv, lol :roll:
Last edited by Ashran on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marsdreamer

Post by Marsdreamer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm

crocketman wrote:
Ashran wrote:If that were the sort of system we'd go with then each 'officer' would probebly need to be in charge of more then 4, probebly 10-15 (they can now BG, raid, or arena) but that might lead to problems, people becoming too absorbed in their own social units, if an officer deserts then their flock deserts, etc. (I've seen it happen, three or so of my guild have been obliterated by a well liked officer leaving and half the guild following him)
I'm thinking more of, you have a problem or question talk to "Random name"
That works too, I was just spinning off of ideas.. I've only been in one WoW Guild and I was kind of on the outskirts of it, but I did run a fairly successful guild in SWG ages ago so in terms of organizing and leadership I do have some skills there -- Unfortunately I don't have very much "Mechanical" experience within WoW, as this is my first time back essentially since BC (I played WotLK, but only for a short while).
Whether its 5, 10, or 15, Either way works for me, I figures start off small since right now we're pretty tiny. But I don't really see loyalty issues or divides coming between this group. Most of us are mature adults and have known eachother or at least been exposed to eachother through this forum for quite some time. Plus, in general this guild will be pretty laid back, so I don't see huge issues tearing rifts between the members.. But I guess you never know -- and I have seen similar things before.

We should also start discussing Guild Rules, IE profanity levels and what not -- Personally I'd like to maintain the level of respect and the type of content that we see here within the forums extended to Guild Chat. That way we don't alienate others.

>>Mars out.
What I'm Working On:

Chaos Daemons - WIP
Tau - WIP

War, war never changes.

Marsdreamer

Post by Marsdreamer » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Ashran wrote:Mars, mind if I steal your idea and run with it?

Assuming an average sized guild, between 100-200 members (including alts)

going from top to bottum in rank

Dreadlord Handbag - Punishment/for the lawlz rank (possibly for bank alts or the like?)

Minion/Cannonfodder - New member, pretty much no abilities other then speech, remains so for ~1 month to avoid guild bank theft or guild abuse. Also a waiting room of sorts when building a new Pack (group of 5) or Legion (group of 10-15)

Underling - Basic member, some privledges to guild bank

Taskmaster - Sergeant of sorts, leads an assigned group of 5 in dungeons, mainly there just to keep casuals active and has slightly more power in guild

Pit Lord - raid and BG leaders, they have between 10 and 15 under them and are senior members of the guild with extensive Gbank access (so as to equip raiders well) power to invite as well.

Conclave - Ring of MWGers that have full guild powers and have full powers of all members

Master of The Conclave - GM

edit: I remember people attempting to be melee hunters w/ surv, lol :roll:
I like it so far, I think its a good template/start for ranking and privilege systems. I based my original idea off of ancient military organizations.

*Edit*
Oh yeah, I have also made a plea to Miniwargaming Matt to allow us to open up a subtopic within the Off-topic thread for our Guild so that we have a place to organize all this stuff.
What I'm Working On:

Chaos Daemons - WIP
Tau - WIP

War, war never changes.

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 pm

No matter what, there's going to be profanity, it's a part of WoW, but, I agree it should be kept to a minimum.

The first thing definitly will need to be a loot system, are we gonna do GDKP or simple MS/OS/DE? I guess it actually won't be too necessary as it'll be a while before we can start raiding, but, it gets very frutrating when you /roll on a pair of mail boots and some how a DK obtains them :evil:

Oh, and we can't be extensive in trolling, yes, some of you all will obviously troll trade chat, but, not on the level of real WoW trade trolls (for examples, go to Vashj and ask for Apathia or Malfurion and ask for Abrasion or Huddytwoclik)

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 pm

I know... 39 twink on Vashj lol... Cussing and such is fine, trolling is fine, just try to be respectful... aka don't insult someone blatantly if its not in good humor..... We could change guild names if you'd like... last serious guild I was in was named Taco bell lol. The guild I have right now is a cool name, but if you feel it's not representative of MWG, it could be disbanded.

Looting will be need and greed with officer's approval as to whether they have the necessity for the item... aka the hunter gets first shot at the bow, not the rogue or warrior.
9kdps.com