MWG WoW guild

Discussion for the WoW MWG Guild.
Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

MWG WoW guild

Post by Ashran » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Rules of the thread

1: if you're not interested in joining the guild/WoW, please REFRAIN from voting in all circumstances unless otherwise mentioned and refrain from posting unless it's a question directly related to the guild. Anything else can go in the Cataclysm thread that's already hanging around.
2: Please vote AND post what you voted for, in case some dreadlord handbag votes to skew the results.
3: Please be open, trust me, I've been playing since vanilla WoW, there is not a huge difference between alliance and horde communities on MOST servers.
4: Always check the first topic and poll to see what the current question is
5: Each poll will remain up for approx. 3 days, after which the result will be posted as our choice in THIS post.
6: On your first post, post any relevant info (WoW career, toons, etc) and use the template I've used for my info to post yours

Guild info:
Horde

Guild roster

Name: Ashran
battle.net:jtcwow@hotmail.com
main:Ashran - level 80 troll hunter (Black Dragonflight)
alts: Honsou - level 70 BE DK (Vashj), Ashran - 35 troll druid (Black Dragonflight)
Playing since: mid vanilla, took one half year break and one 1 month break over the course of WOTLK
Career: light raider, barely anything in vanilla (didn't ding high enough until very late), was semi progressive in BC, and in WOTLK, I was just totally disenfranchised with raiding and missed all of Ulduar when it was current, in ICC (due to lack of a *real* guild and internet problems) I got to sindragosa.

Second poll: Server!

next poll: server

I'll give you all today to nominate servers you want, current servers nominated are

Bael'gun - (pro) Already a general concensus on this server, lot of people in the affirmative, Jack will have friends there
Black Dragonflight - (pro) Guild funded by my main, I have friends there
Stormscale - (pro) Well established server with good economy/strong guilds, some start up funds
Boulderfist - (pro) High pop. server and Mars has friends there, some start up funds(?) (pvp)

Rules for voting

1: If it is a server with one of your toons already on it, you must be prepared to fund the guild (funding the guild meaning giving enough for the charter, a tabard, two bank tabs, and all MWGers there level 20 mount) you must also say the realm type and any positives/negatives associated with it
2: You cannot vote for the server you nominate, sorry.
3: if it ends in a tie, we will automatically revert to Bael'gun as it has already been shown some favouritism
4: One nomination per member

So, do your nominations today and I'll add them all in a poll tomorrow
Last edited by Ashran on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

crocketman
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: MWG WoW guild

Post by crocketman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Ashran wrote:3: Please be open, trust me, I've been playing since vanilla WoW, there is not a huge difference between alliance and horde communities on MOST servers.
Then you played before the PvP went multiserver service right? You understand why I hate the allies so much lol.... but I voted Alliance because it would be something new for me.... I have been very bored with the game of late, maybe a new faction is what I need.
"Didn't realize a drunk giant could be so mean :(" -YoYoMansizzle
9kdps.com
Let's see how long till I am banned.

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Yup, I definitly played before that, but, that was a long time ago. Again, times have changed and other then actual gameplay, any real differences between communities have been lost (with the exception of some scenarios...Cho'gall anyone?)

For the record, I voted horde, but, am open to alliance.

Valandil
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Valandil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Lok'tar Ogar, for the Horde!

I guess I could roll another character, even though I recently made an Orc Warrior and have gotten him to BC.
The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

— General Sulla +++

Noice.

yoyomansizzle
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by yoyomansizzle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Im not completely opposed to going Horde but I went Alliance.
Rengar 2012.
"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 pm

well my thing is... if your a horde guy, why not try alliance? I'm willing to... And I've been playing on Stormscale as horde only since before MC even came out.
9kdps.com

Valandil
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Valandil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 pm

crocketman wrote:well my thing is... if your a horde guy, why not try alliance? I'm willing to... And I've been playing on Stormscale as horde only since before MC even came out.
I've flirted with the Alliance since vanilla, but I'm just turned off by them.
The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

— General Sulla +++

Noice.

yoyomansizzle

Post by yoyomansizzle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Valandil wrote:
crocketman wrote:well my thing is... if your a horde guy, why not try alliance? I'm willing to... And I've been playing on Stormscale as horde only since before MC even came out.
Play a girl then, maybe you might get turned on :wink:
Rengar 2012.
"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Valandil wrote:
my problem with allies is I have a horde leveling guide lol.
9kdps.com

Marsdreamer
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Marsdreamer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Voted for Horde, but if its a deal breaker with someone, I don't really mind playing Alliance. I played Ally for years, so I'd like to try something new, plus a lot of the new zones are Horde Territory.

Once we get things going I'll figure out what race/class I'll be.

>>Mars out.
What I'm Working On:

Chaos Daemons - WIP
Tau - WIP

War, war never changes.

yoyomansizzle

Post by yoyomansizzle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Marsdreamer wrote:Voted for Horde, but if its a deal breaker with someone, I don't really mind playing Alliance. I played Ally for years, so I'd like to try something new, plus a lot of the new zones are Horde Territory.

Once we get things going I'll figure out what race/class I'll be.

>>Mars out.
If we do go horde we should all go Troll they can be everything but Paladin :mrgreen:
P.S. Do you type >>Mars out. or do you have powers that automatically put it there?
Rengar 2012.

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:49 pm

crocketman wrote:my problem with allies is I have a horde leveling guide lol.
You really don't need a leveling guide, blizz holds your hand and guides you exactly where to go either by direct transit (free windrider, wolf, or warbuggy rides) or tell you exactly where to go next with breadcrumbs (specifically, posterboards in org/SW that say specific zones to go to next)

@Yoyo, you do realize you can have horde and alliance on the same account/server right?

@crocket about trying the other faction; I completely agree :D But I also want to see horde side of new EK slightly more then alliance side of either kalim or EK, but, I'm more then glad to roll either side. I think it's right silly if alliance vs horde would be a deal breaker though.

@yoyo (again) I want to experience EK so I'd probebly not be rolling troll considering my level in progress druid and my hunter main are both troll already.

yoyomansizzle

Post by yoyomansizzle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Yes I do I was just throwing that out there for giggles ashran >.> I'm not a total noob :roll:
Rengar 2012.

crocketman

Post by crocketman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:55 pm

yoyomansizzle wrote:Yes I do I was just throwing that out there for giggles ashran >.> I'm not a total noob :roll:
yes you are.... and ashran.. I leveled up my characters before they made this game easy lol
9kdps.com

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

crocketman wrote:
yoyomansizzle wrote:Yes I do I was just throwing that out there for giggles ashran >.> I'm not a total noob :roll:
yes you are.... and ashran.. I leveled up my characters before they made this game easy lol
I'm just saying :P I leveled up my hunter in vanilla...It was fun being able to AFK in a raid and nobody would notice cause we couldn't do DPS anyway. :roll:

Leveling may not be hard (and thus fun in its own masochistic way) but it is quite fun. Stomping elves on a massive kodo, watching an orc warlord toss a failed orc warlord out a window (and it phasing so the new orc warlord takes the old's place and the old one is at the bottum of the tower :lol: ), and watching a brief cinematic of that stupid dwarf fortress in southern barrens blowing up and staying blown up (again by phasing). It is quite wonderful :D

edit: by the way, post your info blocks, your real ID isn't necessary if that's why you're not posting it :roll: