Saving Zerocide: OOC

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
Locked
User avatar
Bone2pick
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:46 pm
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bone2pick » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Roleplaying code of conduct
This RP will use the same familiar rules/guidelines previous RPs have relied on. Things like- no double posting, no god-moding, keeping OOC posts in here and not in the content thread, and of course being respectful to everyone.



Glossary

Zerocide - Hive World of the Imperium with nearly three billion residents.

-Landscape & Geography -
Outside the city are agricultural compounds connected by dusty roads. The terrain is similar in makeup to our own moon, with the exception of scrub grass, shrubs, and other hardy plant life. The planet is surrounded by a thick and polluted atmosphere that keeps temperatures falling anywhere between 20-100 degrees depending on the season.

Zerocide Major - The proper name for the city (its only city) on Zerocide. The city is also referred to as Zim, UnderZim, & ZM in certain circles.

Veson IV - Arctic planet that holds Zerocide in orbit. Once believed to be barren, but its recently been revealed that it holds a subterranean lost city of man.

Lode - Lost city under Veson IV's tundra. It's a science heavy community with technology incredibly foreign to the Imperium. Currently abandoned of life except for the Imperial scout team sent to investigate the energy spikes.

Imperator Via - Major Road of Zerocide Major.

Governor Fura - Woman in power over all of Zerocide.

Warlord Guttagun - Ork lord in command of the Space Hulk Bigswalla and its accompanying fleet.

Sect Aphenos - Mechanicum presence on Zerocide whose headquarters is based out of a state of the art arcology referred to by the locals as “The Mech.” Its specializes in the department of Legio Cybernetica and is controlled by Tech-priest Magos Optio.



*A sub-fleet of Agripinaa is stationed outside of Zerocide. The following are a few of their ships.

The Resolution = Vengeance Grand Cruiser

Victory Hawk = Overlord Class Battle Cruiser

Imperial Nixus = Overlord Class Battle Cruiser

Immotus = Gothic Class Cruiser

Mars Intentus = Mechanicum’s Endeavour light Cruiser


*Ork fleet ships of note

Bigswalla - Guttagun's fortress Space Hulk.

Puncha - Ork Kill Kroozer

Dakkaclaw - Ork Kill Kroozer

Eezykilla - Ork Kill Kroozer
Chaos Farseer wrote: A List of Prominent Individuals upon Zerocide (In rough order of appearance)
Composed by the one and only Chaos Farseer. More than one would be a problem.

Servants of the Imperium
Richard Brock (Jason): Rich is captain of the 501st Guardian Detachment, a squad of highly trained pilots. Of course, he didn’t become captain without being an even better pilot. They’re flying as interference of the many, many Ork landings.
Timothy Argus (IGfanatic): Hey look! IG might not kill this guy instantly! Bricks (yes that’s his nickname) is a bodyguard for Planetary Governor Fura. But only because he gets paid.
Brother Poltas (Bone2pick): Poltas is a SPESH MAREEN of the Doom Eagles chapter brought to Zerocide for the mundane job of training recruits. Yeah, that sucks. Therefore, he views the upcoming battle with Orks with a bit more enthusiasm. After all, he’s Dead Already.
Artyom Vsevolod (jackmrnorris94): Artyom is a Guardsman who’s survived something he shouldn’t have. He doesn’t speak about it. In fact, he doesn’t speak at all. He just sits on the steps of the Governor’s Palace and strums his guitar, waiting to kill. Maybe he killed Marbo and took his personality.
Eight (commando_jim): Eight’s a Stormtrooper geared for boarding actions. He’s so well groomed for serving the Emperor that he forgot his name. Or, well, he could have just forgotten. It’s not like his parents died or anything.
Anyu Maka (respect92): She’s a Vindicare Assassin! And, um... she has a gun? Maybe some bullets? Oh! She can shoot stuff! Did I mention that?
Rickter Mackenzie (daemon slayer): Another Vindicare? Okay, okay. Maybe Fura is that important. Except, well... Rickter retired. Last I checked that wasn’t possible but okay. We’ll go with it. He’s only here because he lives here.
Hruk Degratz and Milos Bane (Shas mechanicus): Round and Pound are your classic comedic heavy weapons team. One is really big and tough while the other actually knows how to aim. Don’t ask me which one’s which.
Cassandra Elisim (BlackYog): Cassandra is an Adeptus Arbite who ruthlessly maintains the slums of the Underhive of Zerocide. She is the law!

The Xenos Menace
FR583-Omega (Jayertheslayer): A non-combat Necron ‘scout’ with the ability to phase between dimensions. This somehow makes him faster. Also, he doesn’t kill but he does capture. Ask Jayer nicely and you might get to kill him. Order one today!
Nocturus (Crusherfex): Nocturus is a Caradochian. Yeah, I don’t know what that is either. He’s one of a group of assorted alien mercenaries and they’re here to help out Governor Fura. Not out of any sense of loyalty, unless you include a loyalty to cash.
Petkor Yankovitch (Tuomir): Yanko is a human, but for conspiring with Xenos he shall be killed like one! He’s pilot of Nocturus’ band of mercenaries aboard the Relentless and he would probably be shot on sight if he wasn’t hired by Zerocide.
Grung da Git (joeman45): Grung da git neva fights ‘m in da face. ‘es a Kommando, an’ hes job is ta sneak n’ smash. ‘e’ll smash ya, an’ then he’ll take yer stuff. Eh, mebbe ‘e’ll do dat afta he gets on da moon, wot’s its name.
Veillayarinalil (Chaos Farseer): Velarynl is an Eldar Farseer who always considers the grand scale of things. Yes, I said that right. Why use short and painful plans when it can be achieved effortlessly over a century? Why fight in hand to hand when the enemy can be killed from the ultimate high ground?

Wait, What?

National Strategic Space Command Mainframe (NotSoNinja): Remember cloud computing? Chances are you don’t, because that’s against the all-mighty teachings of the Omnisiah and heresy will result in your instantaneous termination. But out there, somewhere in the ruins of an old human civilization, is a sentient AI cloud. And he just woke up. His/hers/its awesomeness radiates throughout the entirety of space, so much so that I’m not going to tell you anything else about it. You go witness it for yourself.

Below is an example of a Hive World to help give you a visual of Zerocide Major.
Image
Last edited by Bone2pick on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

User avatar
Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Erf
Contact:

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

New additions to that character sheet:
Quirks: Everyone has habits. Many habits are weird.
Intelligence (as in, which topics). This should be predetermined, instead of popping up later. EX: "I know how to fly a Valkyrie!" "No you don't! You didn't mention it earlier!" "Oh, I always imagined that he wanted to be a pilot on the side."
Distinguishing Features: Because nobody is the same.
Racial Features: Not everyone knows everything about your race. If there's anything special or out of the ordinary, it should be mentioned. Otherwise we could end up with disagreements on things, such as a Kroot's whiplash muscular frame and how strong it is.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bjorn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Not sure what character to create yet.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am
Location: In your base planting the evidence.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Let's see how we can fit Tau into this...
Fire caste: No way to land on the planet, as stated. Possible pathfinder infiltration prior to crisis.
Water caste: Planet's too loyalist.
Ethereal: Same as fire caste, unliekly to have been brought with infiltration.
Vespid: Unplayable.
Kroot: Possibly, did that last RP though...

Infiltrating pathfinder is a go.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bjorn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Shas mechanicus wrote:Let's see how we can fit Tau into this...
Fire caste: No way to land on the planet, as stated. Possible pathfinder infiltration prior to crisis.
Water caste: Planet's too loyalist.
Ethereal: Same as fire caste, unliekly to have been brought with infiltration.
Vespid: Unplayable.
Kroot: Possibly, did that last RP though...

Infiltrating pathfinder is a go.
You could always not be Tau.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
Jayertheslayer
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:21 am
Location: Dieing horrifically to saw blades

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Jayertheslayer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 pm

commando_jim wrote:
Shas mechanicus wrote:Let's see how we can fit Tau into this...
Fire caste: No way to land on the planet, as stated. Possible pathfinder infiltration prior to crisis.
Water caste: Planet's too loyalist.
Ethereal: Same as fire caste, unliekly to have been brought with infiltration.
Vespid: Unplayable.
Kroot: Possibly, did that last RP though...

Infiltrating pathfinder is a go.
You could always not be Tau.
Shas not being Tau is like me not being Necron, it won't happen.
When in doubt..
use a shotgun.

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bjorn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:44 pm

No offence or anything and I'm not trying to cramp your style or force you to play a certain race, but with Bitter cold, It was cool to RP until you looked at what actually happened as the plot went on.



EVERY freaking race
just showed up for essentially no reason. It was stupid.


Pick a race that is relevant to the setting, hell even Eldar show up to fight mysteriously, Chaos show up simply because they want to (But make it relevant, make them Pirates or make them some Khorne ones looking to fight.


Having Tau randomly arrive to convert people didn't make sense with Bitter cold considering It was a freaking mining planet with not too many people on it. Same with Necrons just randomly showing up too.


And Shas why the heck are you 7 years old?


Second edit:


I don't know how to respond anymore to that.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
Jayertheslayer
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:21 am
Location: Dieing horrifically to saw blades

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Jayertheslayer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 pm

commando_jim wrote: Same with Necrons just randomly showing up too.
In my defence, they are not 'randomly' showing up to do accomplish their task. The idea I had was:
-Distress signal is sent
-Not only do Imperials pick up the signal but Necrons do (having highly advanced technology has its advantages)
-Necrons think that if planet is in danger from orks and is begging for help 'Not only can we can take the humans for our own benifit, we can take the planet and kill a whole load of orks in the process'
-Voila Necrons are landing on the planet.

As stupid as the idea of a whole load of races after one planet might be, limiting it to only a few races limits what people want to do. And if you limit what people want to do, you get Chaos Within 2: Chaos Harder.
When in doubt..
use a shotgun.

User avatar
Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am
Location: In your base planting the evidence.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm

commando_jim wrote:No offence or anything and I'm not trying to cramp your style or force you to play a certain race, but with Bitter cold, It was cool to RP until you looked at what actually happened as the plot went on.



EVERY freaking race
just showed up for essentially no reason. It was stupid.


Pick a race that is relevant to the setting, hell even Eldar show up to fight mysteriously, Chaos show up simply because they want to (But make it relevant, make them Pirates or make them some Khorne ones looking to fight.


Having Tau randomly arrive to convert people didn't make sense with Bitter cold considering It was a freaking mining planet with not too many people on it. Same with Necrons just randomly showing up too.


And Shas why the heck are you 7 years old?


Second edit:


I don't know how to respond anymore to that.
Tau age differently Jim. The average lifespan is 40. 7 years old would be around 20 in our years. Stop hatin'. Plus, it's perfectly viable to scout the plantoids around a world slated for conversion, to see if you're getting anything out of it beisdes a world and converts. However, becuase of this, we might just have to leave with a handfull of gue'la and our lives.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bjorn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Where are you getting the age age information from?


But the whole thing about Tau scouting for people to convert didn't make sense. The Tau aggressively expand and absorb people who choose to and destroy those who don't, they don't fly around the universe cherry picking people from random planets. It also didn't make sense that a Tau fleet randomly arrive too considering there was a Hive fleet, Chaos fleet and a Huge Imperium relief fleet all orbiting the planet.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
NotSoNinja
Now we're getting somewhere...
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Lost in Thought

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by NotSoNinja » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Warning: Rant incoming!
[rant]
Plus, it's perfectly viable to scout the plantoids around a world slated for conversion
But the whole thing about Tau scouting for people to convert didn't make sense.
Okay. Enough. If I need to explain the logic behind a military commander wanting to know how many guns his enemy has before attacking him, I will.

I haven't noticed anything garishly wrong with shas's fluff, since the "7 years old" thing was explained. Unless it directly conflicts with the codex or rule book, I tend to think it's fine. Call me crazy.

I remember Bone2Pick saying in the original thread that any race is fine if you have proper justification. Or something like that.

So, Shas, Jim, can we just fix Shas's justification for being here and get on with our lives? Please?

I don't want this to turn into those pages of the Unlikely Heroes OOC arguing over whether or not Shas was anywhere near Lycene. Perhaps I'm overreacting, perhaps you two have your little way of working things out. I don't know, so I'm just going to step in here before this goes on for what, three pages? At this point I don't care who is "right." How about, instead of saying "No, you're wrong, here's why," say, "No, you're wrong, here's how to fix it." Sound good?

[/rant]
"aut insanit homo, aut versus facit" - Horace

User avatar
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Carlisle.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Bjorn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm

NotSoNinja wrote:Warning: Rant incoming!
[rant]
Plus, it's perfectly viable to scout the plantoids around a world slated for conversion
But the whole thing about Tau scouting for people to convert didn't make sense.
Okay. Enough. If I need to explain the logic behind a military commander wanting to know how many guns his enemy has before attacking him, I will.

I haven't noticed anything garishly wrong with shas's fluff, since the "7 years old" thing was explained. Unless it directly conflicts with the codex or rule book, I tend to think it's fine. Call me crazy.

I remember Bone2Pick saying in the original thread that any race is fine if you have proper justification. Or something like that.

So, Shas, Jim, can we just fix Shas's justification for being here and get on with our lives? Please?

I don't want this to turn into those pages of the Unlikely Heroes OOC arguing over whether or not Shas was anywhere near Lycene. Perhaps I'm overreacting, perhaps you two have your little way of working things out. I don't know, so I'm just going to step in here before this goes on for what, three pages? At this point I don't care who is "right." How about, instead of saying "No, you're wrong, here's why," say, "No, you're wrong, here's how to fix it." Sound good?

[/rant]
Scouting makes sense if your army is nearby. The way the Tau work is by expanding their empire solar system by solar system, not by randomly appearing in star systems really far away. It doesn't make sense for a full on fleet floating through space this far from home. I don't have a problem with Shas's fluff or character, just random races being shoehorned into the story. It's not the individual character, it's the whole race just arriving out of the blue.



Edit: Since you asked Ninja, the best way I'd say to fix the situation is to arrive as (If you're a kroot, be a mercenary or get smuggled onto the planet by a rogue trader.) or If you need to be an infiltrator, do it as part of a small team, not as part of an invasion fleet.
Gott mit uns

User avatar
IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 pm
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Location: Star-side

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Does anyone mind me being a bodyguard for Fura and describing her appearances and her personality.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

User avatar
Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am
Location: In your base planting the evidence.

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Ye gads Tom... Were you possesed by Destructir?

And I got basically all the age info and name stuff from the codex and rule book. The name was from the warhammer 40k lexicon, so I think I'm good.

As for my reason, let me quote the 5th edition, page 173, Bork'an pathfinders.
5th Edition wrote:Pathfinder teams were inserted up to 5 months prior to the invasion, reconnotring over 300 potential landing zones.
Thusly, pathfinders have been deployed to establish safe landing zones and allow for the Tau forces to make planetfall. However, now that everything's gone crazy, their goal is merely to withdraw.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

User avatar
jackmrnorris94
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:51 pm
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Saving Zerocide: OOC

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm

IGfanatic wrote:Does anyone mind me being a bodyguard for Fura and describing her appearances and her personality.
Hmm, It would be interesting, but come with a lot of responsibilities.

And I'm gonna let this fight resolve itself as I make a character.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest