Unlikely Heroes: OOC

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
jackmrnorris94
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Unlikely Heroes: OOC

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 am

Sounds good dude, send dat stuff ovah'. And I'm still a little 50/50 if Ranger will be attending actually, I sort of lost the feel of the character once I had her almost hamstring Evette. I guess I'll decide whilst I'm writing if it feels right or not.

Also it's totally fine, er so often I have to re-read everything that's happened in Lycene.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 am

jackmrnorris94 wrote:And I'm still a little 50/50 if Ranger will be attending actually, I sort of lost the feel of the character once I had her almost hamstring Evette.

Also it's totally fine, er so often I have to re-read everything that's happened in Lycene.
What happened? Ranger felt too flawless? I dunno, that seems rather fixable. Besides, having a foil is often a good thing.

I don't blame you. :P The whole Lycene thing took forever.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

jackmrnorris94

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:02 am

Maybe, that coupled with a couple cliches I keep feeling that I'm writing with her. She'll probably be coming along now that I think about it.

Not long until the posts up. Maybe like... five minutes, fifteen tops.

jackmrnorris94

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 am

Double post but something's been raised to my attention. After the encounter should we walk further down the cave and stumble upon the same Magic door that Mikey (Bjorn) does? On pg. 14 he got there before us so I assume it's the way it's supposed to be done.

Anyways this post'll take a tad couple minutes longer, I swear I shall not rest till it's up.

Edit: DONE AND DONE

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 am

jackmrnorris94 wrote:Double post but something's been raised to my attention. After the encounter should we walk further down the cave and stumble upon the same Magic door that Mikey (Bjorn) does? On pg. 14 he got there before us so I assume it's the way it's supposed to be done.
Good point. I think Shas mentioned that his character walked up to a magic door, so let's assume that a similar door to Bjorn's is right next to the combat. (Anatar has multiple entrances, let's say.)

Very nice post, I might add. I like the imagery.

Just thought of a few things. The primary one is, why wouldn't Swidhelm also attack Shas? It's a violent unknown whale-thing that doesn't speak any common languages. Unless you trust that land whale more than a pair of elves...
Actually, by the time you get there, it's going to look like two elves are beating on a whale. Which is weird enough for you to justify breaking up the fight.

Other random thought is, Huor will need bandaging. He could direct Iri through the process, unless Ranger does it.

Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Bjorn » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

KILL THE WHALE FREAK
Gott mit uns

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm

KILL THE MONK. Somebody get the vikings.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Bjorn » Mon May 13, 2013 3:40 pm

KILL

THE

WHALEFREAK
Gott mit uns

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Mon May 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote: Actually, by the time you get there, it's going to look like two elves are beating on a whale. Which is weird enough for you to justify breaking up the fight.
:lol:

Ill post tomorrow. I'm reconsidering not being an unlikely hero.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Crusherfex wrote:
Chaos Farseer wrote: Actually, by the time you get there, it's going to look like two elves are beating on a whale. Which is weird enough for you to justify breaking up the fight.

That would be interesting. I know Iri would forgive you, but I'm not sure Huor would. Come and join the (not-medkit) party!

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:
Crusherfex wrote:

That would be interesting. I know Iri would forgive you, but I'm not sure Huor would. Come and join the (not-medkit) party!
Maybe. Calcifer has been going the wrong direction (toward Nerikansas or however) for about a day, and then passed out in a ditch. I'm guessing it took Iri and Huor two to three days to trek across the Dark Forest? Because Calcifer's in wolf mode he could gain some ground but I doubt he'd catch up in time.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Naturally. There's still a high chance they'll run into each other, though.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:Naturally. There's still a high chance they'll run into each other, though.
I could just imagine the awkwardness :lol:

jackmrnorris94

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:
jackmrnorris94 wrote:Double post but something's been raised to my attention. After the encounter should we walk further down the cave and stumble upon the same Magic door that Mikey (Bjorn) does? On pg. 14 he got there before us so I assume it's the way it's supposed to be done.
Good point. I think Shas mentioned that his character walked up to a magic door, so let's assume that a similar door to Bjorn's is right next to the combat. (Anatar has multiple entrances, let's say.)

Very nice post, I might add. I like the imagery.

Just thought of a few things. The primary one is, why wouldn't Swidhelm also attack Shas? It's a violent unknown whale-thing that doesn't speak any common languages. Unless you trust that land whale more than a pair of elves...
Actually, by the time you get there, it's going to look like two elves are beating on a whale. Which is weird enough for you to justify breaking up the fight.

Other random thought is, Huor will need bandaging. He could direct Iri through the process, unless Ranger does it.
Hmm, I could have him say something along the lines of "Hey you two! Animal abuse is wrong." Or maybe intervene thinking the mass that you're beating on is a small child. Or maybe just shout "HEY!" with swords drawn to bring it to an end.

Ranger did fix up a pretty wicked stab to Swidhelm's chest so I think any damage will be easily mended by a sentence and a few posts later process.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 pm

jackmrnorris94 wrote:Or maybe just shout "HEY!" with swords drawn to bring it to an end.
I think this makes the most sense, given that it's an inherently confusing situation. No idea what would happen next, though. The majority go try to understand what's happening while Shas rolls on the ground?

If he got up and attacked, everyone might just stab him to death. (Hint, Shas: don't do this.)
jackmrnorris94 wrote:Ranger did fix up a pretty wicked stab to Swidhelm's chest so I think any damage will be easily mended by a sentence and a few posts later process.
The best kind of healing. :D