What D&D character do you play?

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
User avatar
IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 am
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: Canada

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by IPlayThisGame » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Started a new Oriental Campaign recently (we got sick of the Custom world we came up with for our last campaign, too many inconsistencies) using Tome of Battle: The Book of the Nine Swords and Oriental Adventures, with each of the nine "Disciplines" representing one of nine Samuri Clan's training and ancestral spirits (we did away with the basic Samuri class).

I play a Human Dragon Clan Samuri (Warblade, Stone Dragon Discipline), bashing down the invading armies of Ogres and the Oni they worship with shear brute strength (and Jade encrusted No-Dachi).

User avatar
Crusty
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Crusty » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:02 pm

When I played a session of dnd older edition the character was a gargoyle fighter named blanky. Chaotic Neutral at best.

Desverilstyx
MiniWarGaming Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Desverilstyx » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

IPlayThisGame wrote:Started a new Oriental Campaign recently (we got sick of the Custom world we came up with for our last campaign, too many inconsistencies) using Tome of Battle: The Book of the Nine Swords and Oriental Adventures, with each of the nine "Disciplines" representing one of nine Samuri Clan's training and ancestral spirits (we did away with the basic Samuri class).

I play a Human Dragon Clan Samuri (Warblade, Stone Dragon Discipline), bashing down the invading armies of Ogres and the Oni they worship with shear brute strength (and Jade encrusted No-Dachi).


that sounds like an absolute blast to me! i really don't like inconsistencies in game worlds since that well. sucks. i havent been allowed to pick up book of nine swords in a long while.....groups i play in think it be broken >.> which it is if you multiclass a tiny bit if my memory is right....

User avatar
IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 am
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: Canada

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by IPlayThisGame » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Desverilstyx wrote:
IPlayThisGame wrote:Started a new Oriental Campaign recently (we got sick of the Custom world we came up with for our last campaign, too many inconsistencies) using Tome of Battle: The Book of the Nine Swords and Oriental Adventures, with each of the nine "Disciplines" representing one of nine Samuri Clan's training and ancestral spirits (we did away with the basic Samuri class).

I play a Human Dragon Clan Samuri (Warblade, Stone Dragon Discipline), bashing down the invading armies of Ogres and the Oni they worship with shear brute strength (and Jade encrusted No-Dachi).


that sounds like an absolute blast to me! i really don't like inconsistencies in game worlds since that well. sucks. i havent been allowed to pick up book of nine swords in a long while.....groups i play in think it be broken >.> which it is if you multiclass a tiny bit if my memory is right....
It can be broken at times, but we try to keep it balanced by forcing characters (aka, me) to only pick from a few disciplines. You get to pick your main discipline, which at least half your maneuvers/stances known at each level must come from, and two others from which you can draw the rest of your moves (all of which must be at least one level lower than the highest level maneuver/stance you can know). I'm happy to say I've survived so far, level 11 at this point, although not all of my allies have been so lucky.

User avatar
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Location: Oulu, Finland.

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Arnathos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:09 am

3.5 Lawful Good Cleric of St. Cuthbert, because St. Cuthbert is awesome and because after several adventures without a healer of any kind and the resulting TPK's I thought it would be wise to make sure the party had a healer.
Nowadays I only DM as my group plays only occasionally and no one can be bothered to actually create an adventure/campaign.

4.0 I never made a character and have only been a DM, it is over simplified compared to 3.5, but it makes the DM's job easier.
Even though it was with mostly first time players after they tried 3.5 they did prefer that over 4.0, as it focusses more on skills instead of just combat.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

User avatar
Jason
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Jason » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Newly made Elf Ranger/caster.

I use magic arrows instead of ammunition, one of my favorite characters ever.
Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.


DragonRider

User avatar
NotSoNinja
Now we're getting somewhere...
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Lost in Thought

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by NotSoNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am

D&D 4.0

Changeling Rogue

It's lots of fun when my stealth skill level is higher than most creatures' passive perception. And that's without magic items.

Chaos Farseer has had to deal with it as DM.
Last edited by NotSoNinja on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"aut insanit homo, aut versus facit" - Horace

User avatar
Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Erf
Contact:

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Chaos Farseer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 am

NotSoNinja wrote:D&D 4.0

Changeling Rogue

It's lots of fun when my stealth skill level is higher than most creatures' passive perception. And that's without magic items.
I hate that so much.

D&D 4E Dual-wielding Bastard Sword Elf Ranger/Fighter Hybrid with both Ranger Weapon Talent and Fighter Tempest Technique. Whom is definitely not a repeat of a Warhammer 40k model I have or a space elf I roleplayed. Nope.

"If it bleeds, I can kill it. If it doesn't bleed, I can make it bleed. And then I can kill it."
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

User avatar
Ank
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Ank » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am

I definitly like monks in 3.5, but I was very bad playing it and die almost every time I played one.
In 4.0 I go for the rangers, and evil neutral ranger, it is the best way to make an assasin as I see.
I will Roll ´em all! Hehe, not really...

Visit us:
http://bohmvd.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/BoHmontevideo

User avatar
BlackRage312
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by BlackRage312 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 pm

An Eladrin Wizard, chaotic good. I also play a Dragonborn Paladin who is Lawful Good.

User avatar
Jason
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:17 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Jason » Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 am

Starting a new pathfinder game, going to be a Pistolero gunslinger. :wink:
Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.


DragonRider

User avatar
Paladin-Zebra
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2989
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: Touching your stuff

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 am

started new campaign (not the DM for once, ya!)

Human Bard named Optimus Rhythm
"If this was Facebook, I would have liked all of Paladins posts so far." -Dez
"pally is fairly awes-mazing" -BewareOfTom
"paladin zebra is an awesome paladin class zebra warrior" -Sniperfex

User avatar
IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 906
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 am
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: Canada

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by IPlayThisGame » Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Paladin-Zebra wrote:started new campaign (not the DM for once, ya!)

Human Bard named Optimus Rhythm
That's awesome, although I would've used Optimus Rhyme personally :P

User avatar
Dragon
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Inside The Lonely Mountain
Contact:

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 am

I usually play god. however my favorite Character is my Wizard/Gnome who was reanimated as a dwarven suit of armour
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

User avatar
jbrown1214
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by jbrown1214 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 am

Pathfinder-in-a-Forgotten-Realms-setting: A snot-nosed, arrogant little 2nd-level Sun Elf wizard who loves to denegrate the humans and "half-humans" (read: half-elves) in his campaign group. He "might" be coming around and not be such a little $h!t soon, but we'll see if the adventuring (and gaming) group survives after a number of near misses and weird group dynamics.
New! I have a YouTube channel!

Warriors of Chaos: 4,500-ish points (95% painted)
Chaos Dwarves: 3,000-ish points (85% painted)
Bretonnia: 3,000-ish points (25% painted)
Imperial Fists: 1,500-ish points (40% painted)

Updated 1/7/2014! - WIP here

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest