What D&D character do you play?

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
dwarf king
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6

Re: What D&D character do you play?

Post by dwarf king » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

4th ed

unaligned dragon born cleric named Artorius, devoted to the raven queen, i like righteously hitting things over the head with a large blunt instrument whilst preaching religious stuff (bible bashing it's called)
Tyranids = 3,408
orks =4,181
ogres = 2,212
skaven =3975
ALL PAINTED AND BASED!

the pen is mightier than the sword...

If the sword is really small and the pen is really sharp

CPP
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by CPP » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:44 pm

3.5?
Almost anything but a Paladin, Psionicist, or oriental classes. Incidentally, with the exception of Monks, the last two aren't allowed in my D&D group by any of our GMs.

Usually the Group's Caster or backup Big Stupid Fighter :P
Lizardmen ----- points
The Sons Of Sigmar -- 2000 pt (Vanilla Marines)
Name Pending-------- 2500 pt (Guardsmen)

Wins - 3
Draws - 3
Losses - Innumerable

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:46 am

3.5 Chaotic Neutral Human Fighter :D
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Smurfyk
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Smurfyk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 am

I usually DM in 4.0, but I do have a Half-Elf Warlock (level 3) now that I started using in a new campaign. Honestly, he was inspired by my Eldar.
Smurfyk's WIP
Eldar -12k 114-18-38 [W-D-L]
Tyranids -3k 32-8-7
High Elves - 5k

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Devedor » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm

half dragon (blue) ogre Fighter. With feats from races of the dragon. (Dragon breath, reinforced wings, Heavy wings.) (3.5)
Never knows best

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 30&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

bigbrown5
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by bigbrown5 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 pm

i play the starwars kind.
an eye for an eye makes the world half blind.

Tyranids: 2000+
Eldar: 1600

IPlayThisGame
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:23 pm

I never got into 4th ED, in my opinion it over-simplified things. but for 3.5:

Eberron:
A Warforged Fighter/Ranger who once served with the Lord of Blades before the end of the Last War, but was so appalled by his actions after the war (in our campaign the LoB restores an ancient Creation Forge on Xen'drik and raises an army several thousand strong and invades Breland and Zilargo, reigniting the Last War) that he swore to kill him himself. Needless to say his favoured enemies included Warforged, which causes huge moral dilemas for him, because he wants to kill the LoB, but is forced to also kill many of his old friends and comrades who were coerced by the LoB.

Forgotten Realms (I'm actually the DM but this is the main villain who the party faces):
A Thyan Cleric of a long forgotten but powerful Diety of undeath. Born with a severe cancerous infection brought on by the taint of evil magic in Thay, his mother took him to a Cleric of Bane who's only option to save him was to kill the cancerous flesh with magic. In return for saving her son, the priest demanded that the boy be raised in the temple and trained as a priest when he came of age. While young, the boy found a tome in the library which spoke of an ancient Diety, and he communed with the God and soon became his disciple. He practiced necromantic magic under his Diety's mandate, and this reanimated the cancerous flesh inside of him, giving him a Necrotic Cyst (from the book Libris Mortis), and permanently scaring his body, leading to him hiding his skin at all times. Now he is the leader of an "Army of Darkness" he is trying to exterminate all life in Thay and the surrounding nations so he can use the powerful magic that permiates the land to further the goals of his Diety and return him to power.

Custom Campaign Setting (Book of Horror and Book of Vile Darkness based):
A Human Bard/Sublime Chord, who served alongside his companions in an army fighting a war against a cabal of evil Clerics who together slayed six of the fifteen gods and plunged the world into eternal night and slowly corrupting the land, where the undead and evil beings at their command are at their most powerful. When his army was shattered and defeated, he and the companions continued their fight and killed four (two of whom he personally killed) of the thirteen leaders of the Cabal. His lofty goal is to discover the Music of Creation, which was lost in an earlier Age so he can heal the Cabal's corruption of the land and restore peace to the cosmos.

Paladin-Zebra
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:23 pm

i havent played in a while since im my groups DM but i just want to give a shout out to one of my groups characters who is a warforged bard named soundwave :P
"If this was Facebook, I would have liked all of Paladins posts so far." -Dez
"pally is fairly awes-mazing" -BewareOfTom
"paladin zebra is an awesome paladin class zebra warrior" -Sniperfex

griffinthemad
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by griffinthemad » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:30 pm

My DM allowed me to make this character but, only if I wrote a storyline for him.

Jeek the Sorcerer Monkey
D&D ver. 3.5
He was a normal monkey that an eccentric wizard preformed magical experiments on, which fused a monkey with dragon's blood...giving him intelligence and sorcery powers! :)

Glendwender Wood Elf Ranger
D&D ver. 3.5
He carried Jeek around on his shoulder or satchel during thier adventures.
FORUM GAMES
Magnus the Red Victorious Primarch in Final Battle of the Primarchs
The Tyranid Hive Tyrant Victorious in The Supreme Battle of Heroes
Cypher The Fallen Angel Victorious in Battle to be the Herald of Chaos!

Desverilstyx
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Desverilstyx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Chaotic neutral (or is it Chaotic Evil? i dunno you can decide.)

Goliath Barbarian/Fighter/Frenzied Berserker/War Hulk. take your pick on your order but this guy i banned from use for me because of how he worked.....also had like a 7 page paper on his back story and everything, needless to say DM's didnt like him because he couldn't just be winked out of existance by magic even godly magic he HAD to be bested in close combat then he would die, yet again a part of the backstroy and he was a close combat monster that only lived to fight and destroyed all forms of magic that he came across. found it to be the weak mans approach to solving issues so he smashed em for it. and he had more in common with a phyrexian (for you MtG fans out there you know what i'm talking about) than a living being. but he had to constantly make willpower saves out the butt or else be possessed by evil spirits and have his alignment shift to evil and he would go on a rampage. the character sheet kinda had a warning label that said "WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS CHARACTER FOR ANY GAME. ONLY IF THE DM ASKS FOR IT SHOULD THIS CHARACTER BE USED OR IF THE DM IS A TOTAL butt AND DESERVES IT" somthing like that.....come to think of it i had like.....7-10 characters with that warning label on them......

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Neutral Chaotic Human Warmage :D

Paladin-Zebra

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 am

Human paladin (who would of thunk it)

last session I by passed an entire dungeon by smiling at every enemy and they let me by :P then a boulder was blocking our path so I charmed it out of the way with a nat 20 :D

Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kris Knives » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:08 am

3.5 Sword Saint using a custom fae race.

It took a few levels to really take off but once I got a few feats and some magic items to boost up my strength I had fun being a 9-inch tall sprite capable of throwing 12-foot tall monsters.

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 am

Paladin-Zebra wrote:Human paladin (who would of thunk it)

last session I by passed an entire dungeon by smiling at every enemy and they let me by :P then a boulder was blocking our path so I charmed it out of the way with a nat 20 :D
What is this?

Paladin-Zebra

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm

IGfanatic wrote:
Paladin-Zebra wrote:Human paladin (who would of thunk it)

What is this?
elementery my dear watson

...and a charisma of 20 helps :P