Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
destuctir
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Post by destuctir » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 am

i have my next entry ready but i dont wanna comment twice in a row so i want 1 or 2 more first

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:04 pm

your up destuctir.

tell me what you think guys. :) i dunno much about tau, so any name corrections, and nitpicks would be good.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:38 am

Nitpicks: Tau don't understand Psykers. They don't register in the warp, so they tend to not really care about Psychic phenomenon, much less be able to identify it. Also, I recommend using this for Tau names or places: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau_Lex ... ujn_0aEh-Y .
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:00 pm

D-d-d-double post!

Hey Jack, would you mind posting soon? I'm waiting for Grim to take another action before 584 arrives at the mines.

jackmrnorris94
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah sure, I'll try and get a post up later tonight.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Sorry that I havent posted yet. Have been busy with other stuffs. Is ther more important things that have happened except the battles in the summary? How long time have the imperial been on the planet? Gonna put up a post as soon as I can afterIve got the answers. :)
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 pm

The timeline's rather unspecified at this point because nobody's fleshed it out, but it's clear that the Imperial forces have a strong foothold and are in the middle of rooting out Tau bases across the planet. Meeting the Necrons was a recent surprise. I'd say that the Imperial forces have been around for a week or two, and that Necrons were encountered within a couple of days of this point in time. Also, Orks arrived practically right now.

Other important things? Not really. More accurately, they're also unspecified. General thoughts seem to be that the Imperium is winning the ground war, the Tau still hold the skies, but the Imperium dominates low orbit. Of course, the Orks are entering orbit and the Necrons have popped up in a few places. Feel free to add other things, such as orbital bombardments or Tau strongholds or whatnot. I'll add any new world-setting details to the summary as people write them.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Hey Destructir, minor nitpick (aside from your rampant lack of proper capitalization), I doubt an ancient undead terminator pharaoh with the experience of Aeons would say "I'm gonna need an ace in 15 minutes.". Something such as "I will require assistance in 15 minutes" is a far more befitting quotation.

Lionic
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Cthulu Mechanicus wrote:Hey Destructir, minor nitpick (aside from your rampant lack of proper capitalization), I doubt an ancient undead terminator pharaoh with the experience of Aeons would say "I'm gonna need an ace in 15 minutes.". Something such as "I will require assistance in 15 minutes" is a far more befitting quotation.
well as of 5th ed lords (or crypteks) all have their own personality ticks. He may of just heard it from an earthy communication, and thought it was an amusing expression.

destuctir

Post by destuctir » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 am

Lionic wrote:
Cthulu Mechanicus wrote:Hey Destructir, minor nitpick (aside from your rampant lack of proper capitalization), I doubt an ancient undead terminator pharaoh with the experience of Aeons would say "I'm gonna need an ace in 15 minutes.". Something such as "I will require assistance in 15 minutes" is a far more befitting quotation.
well as of 5th ed lords (or crypteks) all have their own personality ticks. He may of just heard it from an earthy communication, and thought it was an amusing expression.
^yea, you will find all his followers use perfect language (as often as i can manage) and try to be as proper as possible. were as Salo'tekh thinks hes untouchable, this has lead to him becoming very informal and in his research he discovered the idea of "ace in the hole" would mean a surpirse waiting to be revealed, which is all to appropriate for his plan, and so he used it. safe to say when he meets necrons he will be proper dont worry.

Lionic

Post by Lionic » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 pm

and did this die?

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:12 am

I hope not. I'm quite into this, I'm just waiting for Jack to post so I can continue my Journey.

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Cthulu Mechanicus wrote:I hope not. I'm quite into this, I'm just waiting for Jack to post so I can continue my Journey.
And this is why you never hinge progress on other people to produce.
Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.

DragonRider

Bone2pick
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bone2pick » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Jason wrote:And this is why you never hinge progress on other people to produce.
Couldn't agree more. It's cool to collaborate, but always be able to write your way out.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:30 pm

NO IT IS NOT DEAD.

I WILL POST. MAYBE TONGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING OR TOMORROW NIGHT.

I JUST NEED TIMEEEEE

It isn't dead, feel free to post. I'm just a bit busy at the moment. Everything looks great so far though.