Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Post by Bjorn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:Let me know when you're done with the rewrite, so I can update the summary.
YEAH SPEAKING OF THAT IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU FORGOT ME, RANDY BUTTERNUBS
Gott mit uns

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Um. Whoops?

I actually added you to the summary, and I guess I just forgot to send it to Crusher. Eh, I can just overwhelm Crusher with PMs. I'll go send that now.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:Um. Whoops?

I actually added you to the summary, and I guess I just forgot to send it to Crusher. Eh, I can just overwhelm Crusher with PMs. I'll go send that now.
Yes. Yes you can.

Bjorn
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Bjorn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Chaos Farseer wrote:Um. Whoops?

Bloomin barbarian

P.S

HAHAHAHA FOOLISH FORUM DWELLERS, DID YOU TRULY BELIEVE I WOULD PLAY AS A FILTHY XENOS?

SPACE MARINES, ASSEMBLE
Gott mit uns

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 pm

The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:32 pm

OH KHADORAN CRUD ON A STICK BEEN BUSY WITH EXAMS AND BUTTING ABOUT! QUICK! MUST POST! LET THERE BE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AND EMPRAH!

Edit: It is done.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Bone2pick
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bone2pick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 am

I was wondering if we should keep a battle log for the RP? Basically it would be a chronoligical list of significant battles & skirmishes that have happened on or near the planet Valaris Signor.

I remember that Jack, Jason, & Cthulu have battled the Tau so far, but I don't remember the order they happened in. These first few battles show the Imperial vs Tau is pretty much well underway. I'm not as clear on the Necron vs other and the Bjorn's ork vs Imperium.

This kinda log could be fun, but more importantly, it would be a great resource to use while I and others write our posts.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:57 am

Sounds good Bone. But you might want to reread my newest post, there's a pretty significant even with my Ork ;)
Gott mit uns

Bone2pick
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bone2pick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 am

I worded myself poorly. I've read your post and know about your character change, what I meant was that you introduced the first ork vs Imperium battle. My character's fleet hasn't (but it soon will) jumped out of the warp near Valaris yet. But the the ork vs Imperium war will be underway (no ambush) when they arrive. Stuff like that is good to know for consistency.

I'll start making the battle blog today.
Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am

Bone2pick wrote:I was wondering if we should keep a battle log for the RP? Basically it would be a chronoligical list of significant battles & skirmishes that have happened on or near the planet Valaris Signor.
Sounds like my job. I'll get cracking.

Ninja'd:
Bone2pick wrote:I'll start making the battle blog today.
I can do it instead, if you prefer. I'd add it to the first page summary.

Bone2pick

Post by Bone2pick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:16 am

Sure, if you're up for it. If you would, make note of when a faction/race first reveals itself in battle. First ork battle, first Necron battle, ect. And roughly (if it can be determined) the scale & number of troops involved (dozens, hundreds, thousands?).

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:26 am

I'll go cover all the battles. Should be done by this evening, or tomorrow at the worst.

Edit: Submitted to Crusherfex. I ultimately wrote it in a rather administrative style, which was fun at first and progressively got weirder. I included force counts whenever applicable, and some imperial judgement. Yes, the annihilation of 584's platoon was a major victory. 80 men versus 50 fire warriors, 3 devilfish and a crisis suit commander, and they win? That's a major victory.
And yes, it's 80 men because 20 died in your first battle Shas :P
Since it's sorted by both time and faction, it's easy to see that the Tau are getting most of the conflict. Interestingly, despite nobody playing a Tau character, they still win quite a few battles.

Bone2pick

Post by Bone2pick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 am

Chaos, how about you put up your log in the second post of the this thread on page one? If not there then maybe just post it right here? Either way I'd like to read what you've put together.

Also I'm working on my next RP post, but I'd prefer at least two more other character posts to go up before I put up the next Megah Wyze installment.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:16 am

Huh. I guess Crusher didn't see my PM yet? Regardless, I put the combat log in there. It's a good idea.

I ought to get started on that next post. It's not going to be done tonight since I've got an essay due, but soon-ish? 3 days?

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Sorry, I'll update the first post.

I'll post in the actual thread in a week.