Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Post by Crusherfex » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:17 am

Questions? Comments? Serious injuries?

Post your out of character things here. If you want to argue against another RPer or work out some posts, or if you have general questions, post here.

Here's the Character summary, courtesy of the generous and eccentric Chaos Farseer.

-+-+-+Imperial Log of Prominent Individuals, Locations, and Events upon Valaris Signor+-+-+-
Latest Update: 23.01.2014
Written by intern “Chaos Farseer” [Heresy?]

Historical Note: Valaris Signor was involved in the Damocles Gulf Crusade.

Imperial Servants
Alric Luthaniel Vost (Chaos Farseer): Alric is, simply put, a Valhallan guardsman who is completely out of place. He's extremely vocal about whatever's on his mind, and that often includes the temperature. Also likes smoking, sniping, and high explosives. He doesn't get along very well with higher-ups.
Grimald Kahn (jackmrnorris94): A heavy stubber guardsman, but who is he really? Grim fights in the memory of his older brother Hadrian. Grim believes that it was his fault that Hadrian died, and he has nightmares of how his brother burned to death. He was fighting in the tunnels until a Tau ambush wiped out his platoon. Grim played dead, and therefore lived.
Father Kikazzorius Woo IV (Ronin) [MISSING]: A nutty priest who was pretty normal until he had to fend for himself for ten years on a death world. [Heresy?] He's highly faithful, and wants statues of himself. Bad at singing. The Inquisition mostly uses him as a point-and-maim package for troublesome areas.
Lord of the Fallen (TyrantEatos) [MISSING]: A mysterious Space Marine. A surprising amount of information has been forgotten (or erased) about him. Seriously. Just about all we know is that he likes dual-wielding mismatched pistols and he sinned at one point.
Lucius Brenner (Jason): Lucius is a highly-experienced Storm Trooper from a planet of Imperial soldiers. He's done all sorts of combat maneuvers, but I guess that didn't prepare him for the Necrons. He doesn't like the strange Necrons. Has an Inquisitorial token which he often holds onto. Retreated when the Necrons showed up. Leader of a squad of 5, minus one due to injury (getting flayed alive is only an injury?). Successfully secured Tau mining base.
Zandra Zvift (respect92) [MISSING]: A sergeant guardswoman! [...heresy?] Zvifty grew up in the depths of a hive as a talented fighter before getting recruited into the Imperial Guard. Gets seasick. Has a picture (page 2 of RP).
584 (Cthulu Mechanicus, aka Shas): Krieg! Krieg! Krieg!
In all seriousness, he's your typical Death Corps of Krieg guy. Man, where do they get them all? It's like all the Krieg people are clones or something. [Heresy!] Got a free shovel. Last survivor of squad; bears the platoon's flag.

Traitorous Heretics
Roland Ovina (Igfanatic) [MISSING]: Roland doesn't like dying. He was a rather disobedient Guardsman, but he chose the options which didn't kill him. One day a Rogue Trader by the name of Zylander Cafell bribed his general, and so Roland got the chance to go with him. Might not have been his finest decision, since now he has to shoot the Imperials before they discover Zylander's mysterious trade with the Tau. Likes shotguns.

Xenos Filth
Herald of the Great Sky God (Lionic): The Herald is not a typical Genestealer. He/She/It (do Tyranids even have genders? Do they even care?) was a political, manipulative Genestealer Magus. It made a big mess on some previous planet, then got absorbed by the Hive Mind and re-printed as a full-on Genestealer. [Heresy!^5] Now it's gathered a cluster of fellow Genestealers and they are infiltrating their way onto Valaris Signor.
Meggah Wyze (Bone2pick): This Ork wants to fight, like all the others. However, Meggah wants to learn even more than he wants to fight. He left his warband to live as a freebooter, traveling with his loyal gretchin around the galaxy to capture slaves and take their secrets. Looted some Eldar in the past. Hates Space Marines. Intelligent. [Heresy!^4]
Mochek (Crusherfex): Mochek is a Necron Triarch Praetorian, meaning he's been watching and maintaining the tomb world for the past many years. He's a pretty calm guy. Instead of being a god or something, he's just sat around and been patient about it all. He also has a friend, Artezanat, and it's only been them. Mochek didn't mind the Tau, but the Imperium? Let them be ash. [Heresy.] Defeated by Tau ambush.
Randy Butternubs (Bjorn): An Ork nicknamed “Smudge” for that one time he fell into a Stompa. He's an Ork and he has his own jetpack, so it's pretty obvious how he acts. Krumps things. Apparently dead, but I doubt it.
Salo'tekh (destuctir): A Necron Cryptek who acts as the Deceiver in terms of manipulating other tomb worlds and stealing C'tan shards, accumulating 80 or so of them. Salo'tekh despises gods and anyone who worships them, thus he's fine with the Tau and wants to explodiate the Imperium. [Heresy!!!] He's on his way to Valaris Signor to probably loot the Charnovokh dynasty's three Shards of the Deceiver. Salo'tekh is landing in a bottlenecked valley with an abandoned mine shaft and about to punch into the tomb world.

==============================================================

Timeline of Notable Conflicts
-+First Contact with Tau+-
Warning: Null Entries
-+First Contact with Necrons+-
Warning: Null Entries
-+-+Start of Data Collection+-+-
Tau mining breaches Necron defenses
Krieg 98745125 ambushed by Tau; Minor Victory
Contact Lost with Imperial Freighter
Storm Troopers secure Tau Mining Operation; Relief in Progress
-+Ork Waaagh! detected in System+-
Imperial Freighter crashes into Tau Outpost; Action Unauthorized
Furchen 177th ambushed in Mining Tunnels; Major Defeat
Tau Flyers assault Fuel Convoy; Minor Defeat
Orks Planetstrike at Forward Base; In Progress
Krieg 98745125 attacked by major Tau offensive; Major Victory
-+Necron Landing Craft Detected+-

Clashes against the Hated Orks
Ork Waagh! detected in System: Approaching horde consists of many “Roks” and a 'repurposed' vessel identified as the Salamander's Forgefather's Anvil. High alert sent to ground forces; discovery sent to Nocturne.
Orks Planetstrike at Forward Base: Forward Base reports multiple attempted landings by Ork fleet. Battle in progress. Xenos casualties high, manpower losses minimal.

Skirmishes involving the Heretical Tau
First Contact with Tau: Records Lost. Event predates start of data collection.
Tau mining breaches Necron defenses: Details of event unclear. Necron entity “Mochek” combats perceived Tau mining operation; defeated by Tau ambush. Destruction of two (2) “Triarch Stalkers” unconfirmed.
Krieg 98745125 ambushed by Tau: Death Korps platoon 98745125 encounters minor Tau ambush. 8 Xenos killed, 20% casualties.
Storm Troopers secure Tau Mining Operation: Squad led by “Lucius Brenner” drop into lightly defended Tau mining base; 11 Xenos confirmed killed including one (1) “Crisis Suit”. 0% casualties. Commended for efficiency.
Furchen 177th ambushed in Mining Tunnels: Unknown Tau forces annihilate the entire platoon. Projected to include two (2) “Fire Warrior” squads and one (1) “Hammerhead” heavy support vehicle. Xenos casualties unknown, presumed zero. 99% losses. Life signs of “Grimald Kahn” remain.
Tau Flyers assault Fuel Convoy: Luggnum 502nd convoy deployed to construct outpost (secured by Valhallan 482nd) are attacked by major Tau aerial offensive. Damage to Xenos aircraft presumed moderate. 2% manpower losses; 25% Promethium lost; 60% “Hydra” anti-aircraft flak tanks wrecked.
Krieg 98745125 attacked by major Tau offensive: Platoon attacked by fifty (50) “Fire Warrior” infantry, three (3) “Devilfish” armored transports, and one (1) “Crisis Suit”, presumed commander. All Xenos forces annihilated. 99% casualties. Standard Bearer 9874512584 is only known survivor. Platoon commended for efficiency.

Battles with the Unholy Necrons
First Contact with Necrons: Event predates start of data collection. The only logs about this event are second-hand from Lucius Brenner, who's squad sustained one (1) casualty from the event. All other records lost.
Tau mining breaches Necron defenses: Details of event unclear. Necron entity “Mochek” combats perceived Tau mining operation; defeated by Tau ambush. Destruction of two (2) “Triarch Stalkers” unconfirmed.
Necron Landing Craft Detected: Unknown craft detected momentarily in atmosphere. Presumed to contain thee (3) “Annihilation Barge” heavy support vehicles and an unknown number of “Lychguard”, as well as the entity “Salo'tekh”. Purpose and location unknown.

Category: N/A -- Transferred to Misc.
Contact Lost with Imperial Freighter: Details unknown. Hypothesized: Tyranid Genestealers under influence of “Herald” entity.
Imperial Freighter crashes into Tau Outpost: Operation unauthorized by High Command. Xenos outpost confirmed destroyed, quantity dead unknown. Visual identification of “Herald” and Tyranid Genestealers unconfirmed.
Last edited by Crusherfex on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Fool's Gold: A 40k Roleplay OOC

Post by Chaos Farseer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 am

Well the obvious thing to do is play yet more Eldar.

Anyone want to make a Guardsman party?

Edit: MOAR SUMMARY! With battle logs!
Edit2: it's temporarily redundant, therefore deleted.
Last edited by Chaos Farseer on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:24 am

What you mean with you post Farseer? That you gonna play an eldar and team up with guardsmen's?
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:26 am

Chaos Farseer wrote:Well the obvious thing to do is play yet more Eldar.
Whaaaaat? Eldar?? That is so not you!

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 am

It's not like he's been an elder or elf in almost every single RP to ever grace these servers!
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:56 am

I'm starting off as a Necron this time around. With the recent lore developments, I feel they can be developed better and not just "target spotted, eliminate target, target eliminated, new target spotted".

I wonder if Shas is going to be a Kroot, or maybe a Vespid (hmm they could be fun). I haven't gotten the new codex so I don't even know what's in the Tau army anymore.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of the Charnovokh Dynasty. They're in the general area of the Damocules Gulf Crusade.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 pm

I am considering bringing back a blast from the past, with your permission.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:56 pm

I keep playing Eldar, so I should keep doing that! Nah, right now I'm thinking of a talkative Guardsman scout. Who smokes. He's not very good at the stealthy aspects of the job, but shooting things in the vulnerable spots is fun. Anyone else want to be a normal human?
Cthulu Mechanicus wrote:I am considering bringing back a blast from the past, with your permission.
Shas.

No.

Okay, gut reactions aside, you could do that if you wanted, but please avoid the insanity of last time.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Believe me, I am acutely aware of my attempts to godmode. IE Killing a hive tyrant without the player's permission, somehow managing to sprint across half the planet without pause, multiple Space Marine shanking attempts, and let us not forget the infamous medkit party. Rest assured, I have learned from my mistakes.

jackmrnorris94
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by jackmrnorris94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

I'M DOWN LIKE A CLOWN CHARLIE BROWN

For being a guardsman that is.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:05 am

I'll have a guardsman up pretty soon. Felt like writing a character summary first. Don't know why.

Note that I think the Imperium ought to hire interns. It'd be fun! Nothing can go wrong!

Jason
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Jason » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 am

I return, from whence the black abyss I call home.
Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.

DragonRider

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 am

Tots coming in on this. Maybe I won't kill off my character or do something stupid or god mod myself into situations.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:36 am

Hey Crusher, would you mind telling us of any Imperial deployments to help us Guardsmen where to set our scene?

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:01 am

The planet has mining ports spread out across the surface, each with a respective little town for the workers.

The Imperium has arrived and is setting up bases. They haven't begun officially attacking, but are about to. The Ork fleet is right behind them.

Hope that helps.