WH40K RP?

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

WH40K RP?

Post by Crusherfex » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:43 pm

I do believe this forum has slowly died. It was, without a doubt, my favorite thing for many months. The constant games and get reads made it fun. I do miss it.

Are there still people here, itching to RP again? Something like Bitter Cold, just to get the juices flowing and the community back together.

I'd love to do another one. Anyone else?

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: WH40K RP?

Post by respect92 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:16 am

I would join. Probably not gonna start the gw2 one, cuz only one would join(except me).

Gonna follow this thread.
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:13 am

may consider posting another Deathwatch diary again
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 am

I was just thinking of something simple, with a lot of freedom in regards to what your character can do (like Bitter Cold). So our community can grow again. Would you all be interested in that?

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:15 am

sure
Best regards the Wallet

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Well, it just regrew by one. Bitter Cold was the reason I joined this forum in the first place, and I might as well join in. Bitter Cold was great, Thread-nuking medkit parties that may or may not have been my fault aside.

Also, I'm not dead as it turns out. Just distracted and lazy.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:49 am

Man it'd be nice to restart one of these guys. It's saddening to walk through the graveyard of dead RPs around here.

It doesn't have to be 40K of course, but the fluff there makes for good inspiration.
Original Portrait Inspiration
Because one can't be normal all the time.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:08 am

I was just suggesting 40k because a lot of forum goers in general here play 40k. We could attract more people if we do a story they are used to.

Any ideas of a storyline?

I like the idea of a tomb world that was colonized by Tau, under attack by IG. Some Space Marines, having recently defeated a nearby Ork problem, come assist. Surviving Orks pursue. It can leave it open to a lot of races really.

Hell, there could be a genestealer cult on the planet.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 am

Sounds nice. Would be possible to have any race I Think. As long as you found out a good reason for you beeing there rigth?
Best regards the Wallet

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:36 am

Maybe something like this: Valaris Signor, otherwise known as Na'vail by the colonials, is a planet on the outskirts of the Tau Empire. Once a hotly contested warzone during the Damocles Gulf Crusade, the planet is now under control of the Tau Empire, who drill deeper and deeper into it for resources for their ever-expanding army. With a recent victory against a powerful and infamous Ork warband, the Imperium spearhead an assault on the nearby Valaris Signor. Assisted by Space Marines, the Imperial side would have obliterated the meager guard force on the planet had it not been for the emergence of the natives of the planet. A large Tomb World, hidden underneath the planet’s surface, has awoken, due to the rapid increase of mining. Eager to reclaim their home, the Necrons declare a war on all fronts. To make matters worse, an angry warboss has followed the Space Marines to the planet, seeking revenge, death, and battle.

More races diverge to the planet as more resources are ripe for the taking. The mining ports are left virtually unprotected, and the drills all vacated. The planet’s fate is unknown, only that death, destruction, and chaos will follow. Who will survive this conflict, and earn the spoils of war?

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Sounds like a good start. It'd be fun.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:09 am

Looking good.
Best regards the Wallet

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:08 am

A large amount of races available, the ability to RP as a civvy, and a suitably apocalyptic setting? I am in.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 am

What do you think of "A War on All Fronts" as the title? Maybe something simpler.. :/ I'll put up the thread soon!

Chaos Farseer
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Chaos Farseer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm

"Fool's Gold" could also be amusingly appropriate.