Horus Heresy Char history help

Discuss paper and pen roleplaying games here.
Korsarro-Khan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Horus Heresy Char history help

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

hi guys

I'm soon to be joining a RPG that is set during the Horus heresy using deathwatch rules. I am to be playing a Dark Angels Tactical marine (who originated from Terra). However, not knowing much about the Horus heresy and the great crusade, I'm having a little trouble coming up with ideas for my characters history.

The GM has told me that the start of the campaign is roughly around the time of the second and third books in the Horus heresy series (False Gods and Galaxy in Flames?) So info on stuff before that time period and ideas for character history would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Re: Horus Heresy Char history help

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Regardez l'aventure à venir
Esse Eximius Ad Invicem
Bad Company, till the day I die.

DragonRider

Bjorn
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Bjorn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Alright, so lets get the Timeline nailed down. Was he a legionnaire after, or before the Lion became Primarch again? Are you loyalists with the Lion, or siding with Luthor?
Gott mit uns

Korsarro-Khan

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 am

the campaign timeline starts between False Gods and Galaxy in flames.

My character will have been a space marine before Lion was found, and he is to be a loyalist (siding with the Lion)

Bjorn
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Bjorn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 pm

I assume everyone else is going to be a Dark Angel too, because they never really fought anyone else, due to their homeworld rebelling and the Lion becoming comatose.
Gott mit uns

Korsarro-Khan

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:16 pm

no, everyone is a different chapter of their choice, who for some reasons have been called to a planet by a tech priest. The GM has told people who is loyalist and who is heretic, but we don't know who will eventually reveal themselves as a heretic, ive been told im a loyalist

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Alright, so it's slight deviation from fluff, which is good, it makes your life much easier. What else did you need help with? Anything fluff specific?
Gott mit uns

Korsarro-Khan

Post by Korsarro-Khan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:31 am

basically I need to say what my character would have been doing before the lion was found. He is going to have been Terran born, so he would have been a space marine before the lion was found, but I just need some ideas on what he may have been doing before then.

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Really, there isn't much background for the gap between the Great crusade begins, and the rediscovery of the Primarch. By being a Terran, and a Space marine, and a Dark Angel, he would have been honored by being in the first legion. He also, would have taken part in a lot of purification campaigns as part of the Great Crusade, so would easily have seen plenty of fighting, mainly xenos though. On the rediscovery of Caliban, the Lion took control of the legion, and this would be huge for him. There was usually a slight difference in friendships between Terran marines and the Primarchs homeworld marines, and you would probably be viewed with slight awe.
Gott mit uns