HGB playstyle?

News and discussions on Heavy Gear Blitz, Arena, the HG RPG, and Gear Krieg.
IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

HGB playstyle?

Post by IGfanatic » Fri May 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey guys, I was thinking on getting into this fine game but I can't really find anything that shows what kind of play styles each army are and what would most suit me (Fix bayonets and charge!).

So what are each armies playstyle's, advantages and disadvantages and possibly fluff?

Thanks in advance.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

RedSpy1
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: HGB playstyle?

Post by RedSpy1 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:12 pm

hope you're still interested and that this isn't necroing but there are several factions in heavy gear the two polar factions, the badlands groups of peace river and NuCoal, and then there is the CEF and Black talons and then the conquered colonies of caprice, eden and Utopia.

The North consists of three leagues/countries consisting of the Northern Lights Confederacy, The United Mercantile Federation, and The Western Frontier Protectorate and then the Northern Guard which represents the united common military of the leagues

the Northern play style is a lot like the eldar in 40k, each unit has a use that it excels at, IE: Fire Support squads have very good long range fire power but need a Recon Squad to spot for them.

The South is made up of four leagues, The Southern republic, the Mekong Dominion, the Humanist Alliance and the Eastern Sun Emirates and then the MILICIA army that is drawn from conscripts across the leagues

the south focuses more upon unit independence, their squads do a better job of multi tasking than their northern equivalents but still do better at the job they were meant for. IE a fire support squad can have one model be made a recon gear but one Iguana can only do so much for 3 spitting cobras

those are the two big players on terra nova until you involve earth, if you are still interested in the game i suggest you hit up the Dream Pod 9 Website, they have a forum and a very good background written up on the leagues that explains more than i can

http://dp9.com/index.php?option=com_con ... Itemid=171
hear you go
You kiddin? They use babies with sharp teeth as bullets over there. - Mattman154 [on China's efficiency in combat]

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Re: HGB playstyle?

Post by IGfanatic » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Holy necro Johnnyhelly. My store (and any store within 150 kilometers) does not stock it and won't. Pretty much direct order and no one has an interest.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.