PRDF 750 list

News and discussions on Heavy Gear Blitz, Arena, the HG RPG, and Gear Krieg.
crysbat
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

PRDF 750 list

Post by crysbat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 am

ok, so, starting heavy gear blitz, I've decided to take up peace river, buying the starter set this is the list I've gotten out of it (the owner of the local shop made it whilst I was busy) so, if you could tell me how well a list it is/what improvements could be made I'd be glad, anyway, the list:

General purpose squad (core) TV: 275

Chieftan TV: 85
swaps: none
options: Add field aurmour, add LMG, upgrade LAC to MAC.

Warrior TV: 50
Options: upgrade LAC to MAC

Warrior TV: 50
Swaps: none
options: upgrade LAC to MAC

Warrior: TV: 45
options: Swap Lac for FGC and HHG, remove ECM (1) (wartime economy)

Warrior: TV: 45
Options: Swap LEC for RFB, remove ECM (1) (wartime economy)

Fire support squad (auxiliary) Veteran [army command group] TV: 475

Chieftan TV: 155
swaps: (Chieftan to chieftan IV)
options: (swap LAC to MAC, add field aurmour, upgrade Att and Def to 3, Skill updates for army Cmdr, elite program upgrade)

Warrior TV: 70
Options: (Swap LAC for RFB, upgrade Att and Def, add field aurmour)

Warrior TV: 70
options: (Swap LAC for RFB, upgrade Att and Def to 3, Add field aurmour)

Crusader IV, TV: 85
options: (upgrade Att and Def to 3)

Crusader IV, TV: 95
options: (swap HAC for MBZK, upgrade Att and Def to 3)

so yes, the list, criticize at will, I'm going to be getting some coyotes next because I really like the look of them, so I have intent on adding a squad of 3 coyotes to this list.
"I AM crysbat NUMBER ONE FAN!" - azeebo
"crysbat will only break break break your heart." - the A man
"Crysbat, you are win" - MasenkoEX
"IG is like 10" - Jason, my mate.

my wip

flatline
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: PRDF 750 list

Post by flatline » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 am

Good start, but I would've kept the ECM on your Gears. That is an advantage you have over any of the Polar "trooper" Gears, and come in handy when you want to deny your opponent FOs and CP usage.
Check out my sporadic efforts at painting toy soldiers! http://flatline.6sided.net/

khani
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by khani » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 am

flatline wrote:Good start, but I would've kept the ECM on your Gears. That is an advantage you have over any of the Polar "trooper" Gears, and come in handy when you want to deny your opponent FOs and CP usage.
generally this, you have a lot of variety in peace river so you might want to get a few extra warriors to arm with special weaponry, it is quite a good thing to do.
... :mrgreen:
Khani is more OT family then Shas! There I said it! -IGfanatic

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

crysbat
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by crysbat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 am

flatline wrote:Good start, but I would've kept the ECM on your Gears. That is an advantage you have over any of the Polar "trooper" Gears, and come in handy when you want to deny your opponent FOs and CP usage.
well I was considering doing this, but I needed to scrap some points to keep the upgrades I wanted and I didn't see the point in EVERYTHING having ECM, I was considering splitting my squads so the guys without ECM end up with the guys who have ECM
khani wrote:
generally this, you have a lot of variety in peace river so you might want to get a few extra warriors to arm with special weaponry, it is quite a good thing to do.
... :mrgreen:
well what I'm thinking of having next is:

Three coyotes, I love the look of them and they seem nice on paper at least.
some pit bulls, again, I love the look of them and I want to try to run a peace officer corps army in conjunction with PRDF.

Aside from those I was considering purchasing a weapon pack and a pack of warriors to have models to swap out with. Although then I have alot more planned, but that's just me getting exited about this army. The main problem I'm having is the pit bulls, they look nice yeah, but on paper they're not that great and I'd like them more if everything could have a frag cannon, but alas, fate is cruel.
"I AM crysbat NUMBER ONE FAN!" - azeebo
"crysbat will only break break break your heart." - the A man
"Crysbat, you are win" - MasenkoEX
"IG is like 10" - Jason, my mate.

my wip

flatline
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by flatline » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:17 am

crysbat wrote:The main problem I'm having is the pit bulls, they look nice yeah, but on paper they're not that great and I'd like them more if everything could have a frag cannon, but alas, fate is cruel.
Ignore those paper thoughts! What makes them great is they are soooo cheap! Think about them from a metagame too; they're a great distraction when you want to keep those Coyotes out of the line of fire. They can spam attack with their LACs, plinking their targets down dead eventually. And AFAIK they still have grenades to chuck as well!
Check out my sporadic efforts at painting toy soldiers! http://flatline.6sided.net/

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 am

you should what 605 points of 3 models of Black Talons could do to Crysbats 605 point list :roll: lets say it was a very entertaining game
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993