It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Heavy Gear Blitz?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I want to start Heavy Gear Blitz, but I dont know what to get. Ive been playing 40k for 7 years, so i know some stuff, but im got a little lost when i got to this. I f some one could tell me a bit about what to get and why, kinda like battle fouces for 40k, that would be great.

If you do make them you should call them The Krazy Khorne Dogs!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him on your
(")_(") signature to help him on his
way to world domination

Post subject: Re: Heavy Gear Blitz?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

For starting out with Heavy Gear Blitz I suggest picking up one of the starter boxes. They are around $100 US and will give you 9 to 10 miniatures, depending upon the starter, the rulebook, and a tape measure. The rulebook contains the army lists for the North, South, Port Arthur Korps/Colonial Expeditionary Forces, Peace River, and Leagueless. If you would like to play any of the other armies Utopia, Eden, Caprice, or Black Talons you will need to pick up corresponding supplement book that contains that army and so far they don't have starter boxes for those armies. That's all you really need to get started.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Starter kits are the way to go, check out http://www.dp9.com to get some backround and see photos of all the different armies, gears, striders, tanks etc. Once you have decided the army you may want check out http://www.assembla.com/spaces/GearGarage/documents

this program is an army builder and lets you see what you need for squads, and upgrades you may want. After you have decided what you want go to the online store at miniwargaming and order them there, they have the best prices. I decided to play Southern Humanist Alliance Protection Force because I like the striders. I have around 3000point right now and continue to build.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Another one to say go with the starter kits. You'll have a great start to your army with this box (I'd say it'd be about 50-75% completewith the contents of these) and you can get some of the more unique units to finish off a decent force. Not bad when all thing's considered you're getting the rulebook and a great deal of your force for around 100 bones!