PAK Starter Army

News and discussions on Heavy Gear Blitz, Arena, the HG RPG, and Gear Krieg.
Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

PAK Starter Army

Post by Fireman Tim » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 am

This is the first of a series of posts dedicated to entice new players into Heavy Gear Blitz.

The Port Arthur Korps Starter Army:
The Port Arthur Korps feature three of many players favorite things: gears, rock-hard infantry and Hovertanks! From the fearsome HT-68 Hovertank to the not-quite-human GREL infantry, the PAK is a force that players looking for a more 'sci-fi' feel will enjoy. Capable of striking hard and fast with the Hovertanks, will still defending ground with infantry and gears, the PAK offers unique tactical options to a player. Choose this army if you want to play with Hovertanks or genetically-modified, rock-hard infantry.
Starter Army:

This special bundle contains:

- the Locked & Loaded rulebook (B&W Version)
- LHT-67 x2
- LHT-71 x2
- GREL Infantry Platoon
- Datacards & a Measuring Tape.

Add a HPC-64 Command Car and you now have ECM/ECCM and Satellite uplink to maximize your Command and Control.

This is what this purchase will give you in terms of an army list:

Port Arthur Korps PAK
Army roster, 750 TV, PL 1, SPs 2, Base CPs 3

Ruleset: Basic armies - Locked and Loaded only

Light Hovertank Squad (Auxiliary) [Army Command Group] 345TV
  • LHT-71 3/3/2/0 MRP/18,HGLC 140TV (LHT-67->LHT-71 +30 TV)
    • GREL Crew +25 TV
    • Swap HAC for HGLC +5 TV
  • LHT-67 3/3/2/0 HAC,MRP/9 105TV
    • GREL Crew +25 TV
  • Command Car HPC-64 3/3/2/2 MAC CGL, ArmyCmdr 100TV
    • GREL Crew Ld +25 TV
Light Hovertank Squad (Auxiliary) 240TV
  • LHT-71 3/3/2/2 HAC,MRP/18 CGL 135TV (LHT-67->LHT-71 +30 TV)
    • GREL Crew Ld +25 TV
  • LHT-67 3/3/2/0 HAC,MRP/9 105TV
    • GREL Crew +25 TV
Veteran Infantry Platoon (Core) 165TV
  • Infantry Squad Leader 3/3/3/3 Assault rifle,Grenade Rifle CGL 45TV
    • GREL Infantry +15 TV
    • Grenade Rifle +10 TV
    • Turtle Armor for GRELs +5 TV
  • Infantry Squad 3/3/3/3 Assault rifle,Anti-Gear Rifle 40TV
    • GREL Infantry +15 TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
    • GREL Infantry +15 TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
    • GREL Infantry +15 TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
Generated by Gear Garage V0.36 - Doc Edition

This is your classic tank and infantry army. From here, you can add heavy tanks, GP and support gear squads, and give your infantry APCs to ride in.

Check out the MWG Store for all your Heavy Gear needs. (Coming Soon!)
"Kneel before Zod!"

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: PAK Starter Army

Post by exodusofman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:28 pm

This game looks amazing me and my friend are mecha freaks nd this seems to be the game for us XD. when will MWG be stocking these(i couldnt find them on the online store)and will there be a discount on the minis?
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Fireman Tim
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Post by Fireman Tim » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Matt told me they should be listed on the Online Store very soon. I would imagine January.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Kaladorn1959
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Kaladorn1959 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Tim, I ordered another Sagitarius, some Iguana's and a King Cobra to round things out. I also ordered Ryan a coyote stridertank and " the Monster", a Cataphract. I'm painting my striders and hoping to get my squad's together and painted by the time the club reopens.
"Dying only hurts until your dead, so quit your crying and die already"

exodusofman
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Fireman Tim wrote:Matt told me they should be listed on the Online Store very soon. I would imagine January.
Thank you very much I look forward to playing this game it looks and sounds awsum
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:40 pm

I ordered another Sagitarius, some Iguana's and a King Cobra to round things out. I also ordered Ryan a coyote stridertank and " the Monster", a Cataphract. I'm painting my striders and hoping to get my squad's together and painted by the time the club reopens.
Jeepers! :shock:

I would focus on getting things assembled and primed (you gotta prime or the paint won't stick), that you way can play with them.

I got my Kodiac, Rabid Grizzly and 2 Cheeta's painted this weekend. I also began assembling my Northern Fire Support Squad.

And if that ain't enough, I have a Southern Support squad to assemble.
Thank you very much I look forward to playing this game it looks and sounds awsum
Heavy Gear Blitz is a really, really good game. You don't need a lot of miniature to play with (between 5 and 16).
"Kneel before Zod!"

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Doug,

Also, Ryan will need another 2 Pitbulls to complete his Anti-Rover Squad. Matt should have Heavy Gear on the online store soon.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Kaladorn1959
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Kaladorn1959 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 pm

The Sagittarius we assembled is primed and well on the way to completion paintwise, the Dragon is primed too ( and started paintwise). Same with the Mamba. I am currently assembling the fire support squad and being off work tomorrow hope to have primed what I assemble tonight. If the Sagittaius shows up this week I can have that core squad assembled by the time the club opens again.

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm

How many Iguanas did you order?
"Kneel before Zod!"

Kaladorn1959
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Kaladorn1959 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 pm

a 2 pack, is that enough?

RedSpy1
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by RedSpy1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:58 am

dang, i gotta say this kit looks pretty rocking, tbh i've been looking into either PAK or CEF to be my army [ idk why but i like the bad guys] so i have a question, how newb friendly are the CEF or PAK?
You kiddin? They use babies with sharp teeth as bullets over there. - Mattman154 [on China's efficiency in combat]

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 am

a 2 pack, is that enough?
Not enough for a Recon cadre, but I will give you my Iguana (I would rather have something else), which will make 3. Add the Black Mamba I gave you and you will have enough for the Cadre.

You can only field the Iguana with the enhance ECW suite (satellite dish looking thing) in the Recon Cadre. This Iguana is also called the 'Chatterbox'.

Recon Cadre (Auxiliary) 255TV
  • Black Mamba 2/2/2/1 MAC,LRP/32,APGL,APGL,HG,VB CGL 70TV (Iguana->Black Mamba +5 TV)
  • Iguana 2/2/2/0 DPG,VB 55TV
    • Swap TD and LRP for enhanced EW suite. -10 TV
  • Iguana 2/2/2/0 DPG,LRP/24,VB 65TV
  • Iguana 2/2/2/0 DPG,LRP/24,VB 65TV
i have a question, how newb friendly are the CEF or PAK?
Before the CEF returned to Terra Nova, PAK was not overly aggressive as they were trying to survive as the city state of Port Arthur. Clashes with the North and South were frequent as they were creating a buffer zone around their newly formed state. But when the CEF did return, they rejoined Earth and marched on the North. Yes, they are the Baddest of the Baddies.
"Kneel before Zod!"

RedSpy1
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by RedSpy1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm

so far their fluff seems pretty cool, how would they perform against the polar leagues in general
You kiddin? They use babies with sharp teeth as bullets over there. - Mattman154 [on China's efficiency in combat]

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:22 am

how would they perform against the polar leagues in general
Good question. Perhaps Heavy Gear Guy Craig would do a request battle for his next youtube report.
"Kneel before Zod!"

HeavyGearGuy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by HeavyGearGuy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 pm

PAK is actually my personal army of choice at the moment. I just havent fielded them in videos yet. I want them to look Pretty :D

I have fielded PAK against polar forces before and find them to do just fine. :)
The HoverTanks take some getting used to with movement but once you do it a couple games then its no problem.
PAK also gets a variety of Gears to use as well. While generally not top of the line and with fewer upgrades available their Gears still get the job done.
One of the real strengths PAK has are GREL Infantry. GRELs are as tough as if not tougher than many Gears and can often out-gun them.
Fireman Tim wrote:But when the CEF did return, they rejoined Earth and marched on the North. Yes, they are the Baddest of the Baddies.
WELLLL.... PAK only sided with Earth after an internal coup (by Earth fanatics) ousting their leader; Col. Arthur. Arthur escaped and regained control of the PAK and they once again fight on the side of TerraNova. They very well could be the greatest Heros in the game.
Gear-Tube; Heavy Gear Videos

DreamPod9 the home of Heavy Gear.