Heavy Gear Blitz

News and discussions on Heavy Gear Blitz, Arena, the HG RPG, and Gear Krieg.
Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Re: Heavy Gear Blitz

Post by Fireman Tim » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Well I took the leap and ordered The Northern Starter Army, a Southern GP Cadre, a Southern Fire Support Cadre, and 6 Stone Heads (cuz they R cool). Free Shipping and it should be at my door in less than a week.

Plus I got an Iguana coming from Evil Bay.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Italus-Cro
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Italus-Cro » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 am

how much did that cost you as opposed to buying the Interpolar War set?
Tau:
Owned: [||||||||] 750/3000 pts

Fireman Tim
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Post by Fireman Tim » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 am

These two armies cost me $250 CAN total (thanks to a strong CAN dollar) shipped to my door. I also got a bunch of Stoneheads ($30 worth...[scratches head]... oh well, they look cool)

I could have gone a bit cheaper if I bought off of Evilbay (saved about $10) but It would take a week or two longer to get to me and I would have to pay 13% tax as apposed to 5%, so no savings there

Again, $220 is for Two armies. To get into this game you are looking at about $110 for 500pts worth (enough to play for about 2 hours). It is very comparable to Warmachine in start up costs. I am going to add some infantry, tanks and elite gears in the future.

The Interpolar war set would have cost me $110 US (free shipping). It is another great way to start, but I wanted the fire support units so that I could have some heavies. One could add two Fire support box sets at $50 each to come to $210+30 for heads, +5% Tax, = $250. Same price as above.

I am totally into the Sci-fi fluff surrounding this game and I found most of the book in PDF format on Drivethrurpg.com.

A very cool and relatively unknown game despite being around for over 10 years.

I have some pics of the terrain I have made to post later today. Check back later.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 pm

WOOHOOO! 4 day delivery from time of order!

Heavy Gear order arrived today! The count down is on!
"Kneel before Zod!"