Taydus's Entry: Tank traps/Dragon's teeth - GB19

The 19th Group Build! Get to it!
Taydus
MiniWarGaming Regular

Taydus's Entry: Tank traps/Dragon's teeth - GB19

Post by Taydus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:12 pm

I felt like doing something really simple, so I decided on some nice Tau/Necron-ish (MAYBE Eldar) tank traps/vehicle stoppers. they can probably be used for other stuff, but depending on the paint job these should work well for either.

It's meant to be just a base shape, with a pillar of energy that cuts any vehicles that attempt to ram them. Once the glue dries I'll make a mold of this, make a few copies, touch them up, and paint.

Once the glue dries I'll probably make the energy pillar a little thinner, but not by too much.
In a voice like lead slabs being dropped on granite, he says:
"There is no hope but us. There is no mercy but us. There is no justice, there is just us... What can then harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man?" - DEATH

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Taydus's Entry: Tank traps/Dragon's teeth - GB19

Post by Asrodrig » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 pm

I like it! Very Tau-ish in my opinion. I'll have to make some of these for my Tau army some day.

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Fantastic idea, love the pillar of energy. Simple, effective, really cool looking, amazing, what else is there to say.

Can't wait to see some paint on them!

...Blue
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Taydus
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Taydus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 pm

You'd think with something this simple I'd have the time to work on it... I'm astounded how busy work has been, and at my total inability to find a way to manage my time around it.

Will finish it eventually and post pics in another thread along with an I had an idea for Tau barricades to go with it, but those I'll need to get laser cut. Sorry, again, for totally failing to finish a project in time...
In a voice like lead slabs being dropped on granite, he says:
"There is no hope but us. There is no mercy but us. There is no justice, there is just us... What can then harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man?" - DEATH

Return to “Group Build XIX (19)”