GBXVII: Winner Announced!!! Pg. 2

The 18th Group Build!
Kagares
Now we're getting somewhere...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: GBXVII: VOTE for the Winner!!!

Post by Kagares » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Everyone did an amazing job for this build, but to me one is by far the clear winner and that is APA's fantasy tower. The weathering isn't to prevalent but you can see where some of the bricks look chipped which i think adds a nice realism. The only problem that i see and it is a small problem is that the bricks seem a little big, but overall its a great build and i can't wait to see some future builds of yours.

My vote goes to APA
The Age of Men is over. The Time of the Ork has come.

steam
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by steam » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:44 am

Poseidon's Tau Bunker Corner

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Poseidon wrote:Let me first start off by saying, I appreciate all feedback. Also, A Luna, Props for giving everyone feedback. I would do the same, however, for the most part i agree with you on everything. The only thing is i almost feel like you didn't look at everyones work in progress. For example, my work in progress has more pictures that would solidify why it is a tau bunker. if you did look at the WIP though, i did notice that i left some fluff out. So, for the fun of it i will explain. My Sept is the Bork'an sept for the tau, their colors are white and hawk turquoise, they live on a snow planet, and their buildings are mostly white or egg shell from what i can see. Also for ViRuS's IG bunker i feel like spikes would be good for stopping infantry no matter what they are made out of.
No, sadly I haven't followed all the WIP topicss and I'm sure I would have been better informed if I would have. But as harsh as I can be (sorry) at this point, people look at the pictures and they're not going to look back to check out the WIP picures you took.

I've already seen your new WIP group build, I like that one more than this piece already to be honest. Perhaps you could add those typical Tau lines you see on all their buildings and vehicles?

@Sebell:
Awwww man that sucks. I understand how a lack of time will have great results on something and I've had it a couple of times in the past too sadly :\
I don't exactly know what kind of material you've used for all the walls and such, but if you can carve in it you can carve bricks or other patterns in there and paint it up differently. My recipe for rocks is always something along the lines of:
chaos black basecoat
charadon granite basecoat
(on various places basecoat catachan green)
(on various places basecoat dark flesh while the charadon granite is still drying up)
drybrush codex grey
drybrush fortress grey
drybrush bleached bone/skull white with fortress grey
on various places wash with green and blue
(heavy stippling of very thinned down brown paint and smear it out a little with hand or a sponge)

if want to weather it more, follow the guid with the sentences between the ( )s.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

elrad
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by elrad » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Lordazaral
my armies:
dark eldar 2,500
[ ++++X+++++]

eldar
[+++++++++X] finished

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Another amazing month. Great work all around to all of the participants.

In the end there can only be one that stands tall above the rest. How fitting that it happens to be Lordazral's Huge Command Bunker that would tower over any battlefield. Amazing build Lordazaral, very inspiring indeed. Congratulations!!!

A personal thank you to all who participated this month. I hope to see you in Group Build XVIII.

Thanks
...Blue
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:08 pm

I vote for Hendric's Hillside Bunker.

It gets the vote for creativity. I was a bit dissappointed with this batch of group build, not saying the concepts weren't great cause they were, but some of them seemed like they weren't 100% finished or rushed when it came to the painting.

I could be very wrong, but its just the impression I got.

Hendrics is the most creative of the bunch and it's a concept that I think you would see very much in the 40k universe and is something we don't see enough of, they may be marines, it may be the future, but the armies would not have time to build proper bunkers and would have to resort to their surroundings and make do and this is something Hendric completely encaptured.

There was another entry for an Imperial gaurd, a hill top with trenches, it gets my second vote, but I wish there were more doodads and such to make it look more...well...beaten up and battle worn, as well as a command tent/station for the trenches to be protecting.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Return to “Group Build XVIII (18)”