What armies will be coming?

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: What armies will be coming?

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Yeah I know. It seems pretty certain that we're either getting the WD treatment or are getting folded into the 'nilla SM codex. Either are anathema as far as I'm concerned.
10k Ork Waaagh, 30% painted
11k Black Templar Crusade, 99% painted

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 am

I was in my FLGS and potential new gamer came in and wanted to roll BT... I think the audience is still there for templars, it would be a shame to see them go.
~Kernbanks

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm

They won't go in the conventional sense--I doubt they'll be Squatted, but a WD article isn't out of the realm of possibility. The only thing I honestly want is a little more variety with named characters--right now we have two, and they're overcosted and consistently underperforming. Vows could use a little restructuring and improving, and point costs for many units could use some tweaking.

I think the biggest mark against them is that they're not really unique as far as a chapter theme is concerned. They're close combat, but so are other chapters. Aside from oddities stemming from the old armory system (Possessed Fast Vindicators--move 12 and still toss a Str10 AP2 large blast for only 160 points. What's not to love?), their only unique gimmick is the Vow system and an undying hatred for heretics and psykers--one of the aforementioned vows improves your Deny The Witch to a 5+ globally (even vehicles) and nets you a D6 movement closer, before the game starts.

I guess if/when they get updated codex or set of rules, I'd like them to expand on that. Give them something that allows them to mess with psykers (offensively speaking) based purely off their hatred--maybe a hate beam or something. I don't know, just musing things.

Knightfall02
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Knightfall02 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:13 pm

I will be bringing 8k of Imperial Guard tanks and titans and 7.5k of Blood Angels. Its my first Apocalypticon, I'm very excited (although not as excited about basing all my blood angels).
7k TY: Hive Fleet Typhon
6k CD: Khornate Demons
"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error"

Carnifex160
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: Attempting to get out of the Eye of Terror. Not succeeding either.

Post by Carnifex160 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:42 pm

This looks AWESOME... if only I didn't live a bajillion miles away... will some CSM player out there recognize one HQ as Carnifex160 and crush some Imperials in my name for me? Pretty please?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm

So, I have news that is sad for me, but good for whoever is across the table from me. My wall project has, sadly, fallen a part and will not make it this year. With having become back logged with having to finishing painting far too many models, not to mention basing everything (I personally dislike basing any of my models, but the things I do to take part), I lack the time to finish.

I will still be providing a great deal of forces, along with a sizable air force (may be adding some Avenger Strike Fighters), but no wall... This year...

THE EDIT:

I have been trying to find the form to adjust what I am bringing to the game, and cannot find the current link, only the one for last year. Am I just blind and foolish, or could someone point me in the direction of it...

Thanks!
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am

You would have received a link by email to be able to update your registration. If you've lost it, email support@miniwargaming.com and they'll send it again.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:52 pm

miniwargaming wrote:You would have received a link by email to be able to update your registration. If you've lost it, email support@miniwargaming.com and they'll send it again.
I could have sworn I got that email, too...

Well, looks like a friendly email is in order. Thank you kindly!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Feeling the pain of grad school and how writing papers gets in the way of painting and modeling time... Looks like I will only have 30,000 points +/- of Imperials.

A Warlord, Reaver, 5x Warhounds holding the center for the IG w/ 4 super heavy tanks, a tank company + 2 squadrons (20 russes +/-) and a meat shield infantry company (if they get finished). Then a Greenwing battle company, Deathwing, and as much raven wing as I can finish painting to strike out at the enemy of mankind... the second battle company is going to have to wait til next year. Also need a good (cheap) source of drop pods for mobility.
~Kernbanks

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 pm

So...

I feel like I am finally making some solid progress. Once Matt said texture paints work for basing, things sped up considerably. I may just have everything done for the game.

How is everyone else doing?

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 am

I am finishing up my 2 Shadow Swords and 3 Artillery tanks. My lists is as follows.

20 Leman Russ using the NEW Armoured battle group rules! (they look a lot more balanced).
5 Earth Shaker Emplacements
3 Shadow Swords
1 Marauder Bomber
2 Mantacores
1 Hydra
1 Bombard
and 2000 points of DKOK (using regular IG codex)

Quick question regarding painting i know you said 3 colours matt but my earth shakers look so good with 2 colour camo! i dont really want to add more to ruin them, is this acceptable?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:39 am

Wouldn't there be details to paint on them? Like the end of a barrel? Or the tank treads?

You can easily add the third colour by painting some details.

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 am

there on emplacements but i will find some details to paint!

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm somewhat strangled as well--Black Templar. White and Black with some metal bits. I like the look but get so bored painting them all. The same thing. Over and over.

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:53 pm

MasticatorDeelux wrote:I'm somewhat strangled as well--Black Templar. White and Black with some metal bits. I like the look but get so bored painting them all. The same thing. Over and over.
Convert them to chaos! Much more fun :)