It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quick Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:25 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Hey guys, first post on the forums and some help would be appreciated. I was wondering what the policy on proxys will be for the event. I have two necron models converted from tomb kings Ushabti (sp) that I wanted to possibly use in my list as overlords and was wondering if that would be fine. Additionally I have a single necron lord that I was going to use as an overlord (as the army is fairly old) and was wondering if that would be acceptable. (Just need to know for list creation as I am sitting at roughly 5 700 pts atm without the 2 ushabti (sp) overlords)

Just a couple of quick questions about the purchase of tickets. Firstly, and I'm totally fine if this isn't possible, but at the moment my credit card is maxed (I had to purchase a bunch of furniture after finishing university and moving) and was wondering if it might be possible to put a ticket on hold. It's not a matter of finance, I can afford the ticket no problem, I'm just waiting for an automatic payment to go through on the 30th. Also will guests be allowed at the event or not? (Just wanted to know because my brother wanted to get a few pictures if possible, but if not that is totally fine.)

Anyways, thanks for any help in advance!

Post subject: Re: Quick Questions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

For the two ushabti, they seem more like a really sweet conversion to me, which is in the spirit of apocalypse. For the Necron Lord models, I'm not so certain.

Obviously the ticket thing would be a topic for MWG.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Cool, I figured the ushabti should be fine. As for the lord that I want to field as an overlord he is the only lord model in the army so it would not be hard to keep track of. Also one more thing, is WYSIWYG in effect?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Last year WYISWYG was mostly in effect, but there was a healthy acceptance of counts as, conversions, and old models. I myself have models spanning the past 15-20 years of GW. I like to bring them out for these types of games, and many of those models represent things no long in the Ork codex.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Cool, I only ask because my models don't specifically display things like Tachyon arrows but I had seen in a few videos that matt and others didn't always have modeled upgrades. (Which is totally fine, I am personally a proponent of just being upfront about what everything is equipped with and not necessarily strictly upholding WYSIWYG.)

Thanks again!