Mega Gargant?

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
Fugiman12
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Mega Gargant?

Post by Fugiman12 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Hello,

I am going to the apoc gsme this year and was wondering is there actually a LEGAL mega-gargant datasheet. If there is i am building one and bring it to the game right away.

Please post the link to it if there is one.

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Re: Mega Gargant?

Post by xtroopers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi, unfortunately there is not an official mega gargant datasheet nor is there an official great gargant datasheet. Though, that being said, if you find a custom one, or desighn your own and it is in reason, After letting Matt look it over he may ok it. For the great gargant, Not the mega gargant, there is a good datasheet here:

http://www.box.com/shared/diel1ercms

Page 39

Matt, ok'ed this one last year.
Hope this helped!

-Sean
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

irishorks
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by irishorks » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 pm

I've done a lot of searching and I've never found an official data sheet.
My opinion, make the full size gargant off of an epic model and make up your own rules. It's ork, so anything goes.
1 stompa, 1 klawstompa, 2 big mek stompas, 1 pulsa, 1 blasta bommer
8k of orks
1k of gray knights

Fugiman12
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Fugiman12 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:55 pm

So I've been making this for about a week and would like your feedback, also If MWG could make modifications that would allow me to bring it to the Apoc battle that would be great. I've made it by taking the datasheet that the-waaagh.com uses and buffing it down quite a bit. ( the one that they made had 40 structure points and stronger guns than the emperor class titan!) Also if you see a gun that isn't on the Gargants datasheet I might of forgot to remove it while editing.

Feel free to coment your thoughts and feedback.

MEGA-GARGANT
Point base: 4000
Structure points: 13
Power fields: 6+d3
Armor value: 14 / 14 / 13
Stat line: WS 4 BS 2 S 10 I 1 Att 4
Access points: 3 rear hatches and 3 front hatches.
Fire points: 20 in the hull.
Transport: 101 models.
-Titan close combat weapon
-Gutbusta belly gun.
-Supa-lifta-droppa.
-5 x Deth kannons mounted on gun decks or in the hull.
-9 x big shootas.
-3 x Twin-linked big shoota, 3 x twin-linked rokkits, 3 x kannons, 3 x zzap guns, or 3 x lobbas. [Any combination of 3] and a supa-scorcha
-8 x Supa-rokkits.
-Gaze of Gork / Mork
-2 x Pulsa rokkits or 2 x supa-dupa rokkits.
Must choose two arm weapons from the following list:
-Supa-kannon.
-Supa-mega-blasta.
-Mega kannon with co-axial gigashoota
-Supa-zzap macro kannon
-Supa-snazz kannon

Gubbinz Section

Now dat yer gotz da no-wotz of a brain boy when it comes to BIG and stompy gantz.
Now youze gotz ter git skooled about gubbinz.

You could play any of the gargants above straight away but as you all know, no two Ork war machines are going to be alike. The following list of upgrades can be taken for all gargants at the listed points cost unless noted in the description. Also included here are a few of the more exotic gargant rules. These upgrades and rules are provided to make it easier to fit your kustom built gargant or stompa into Apocalypse games with as little fuss as possible.

UPGRADES
-Red paint job: +25 points. Adds +1” to movement.
-Flakk gunz: +25 points per gun. Adds one Flakk gun emplacement to the Gargant. You may take one Flakk gun emplacement for every 6 structure points you have on the base Gargant model.
-Observation tower: +75 points Gargant has a tower crewed by a nob and a mob of grots with optic equipment, colored bannas, sniffer squigs, and targetas. Gargant gets a +1 on its ballistic skill. Counts as a weapon and may be destroyed by weapon hits on the catastrophic damage chart.
-Flight deck / launch bay: +100 points May carry and launch 3 deffkoptas or 3 grot bombs. Gargant may have any combination of both and may launch one each turn [Deffkoptas during the movement phase and grot bombs during the shooting phase.] Flight deck and deffkoptas/grot bombs cannot be destroyed while the Gargant is still functional. It does not count as a weapon as it is actually part of the war machines hull. Gargant may take one flight deck
-Pulsa Rokkit: +80 points per rokkit. One shot weapon. May take one pulsa rokkit for every 8 structure points on the Gargant.
-Assault ramp: +50 points each. Gargant counts as open topped when it comes to troops inside assaulting from an assault ramp. One unit may assault from each ramp. You may have as many ramps as you have access points on the Gargant.
-Spot lights: +10 points. Counts as a search light but Gargant may light up multiple units. Any units it spots during a night fight battle it may illuminate with one of its many spotlights. This of course makes the Gargant an easy target as it is covered in lights. Any enemy units can spot the Gargant in the darkness.
-Big-lobba: +25 points per gun. Adds one big-lobba emplacement to the Gargant. You may take one Big-lobba emplacement for every 5 structure points you have on the base Gargant model.
-Grot sponson: +15 points per gun. Gargant may take as many grot sponsons as it has fire points.
For an Ork there’s no such thing as too many ‘gunz’ on a gargant, even if there’s no more room for them in the hull. One solution to this problem is to cobble together some extra platforms and cages for the outside of a gargant, fit them with some spare big shootas and strap in enthusiastic and completely disposable Grots to fire them. The Grots involved usually have short lived but loud careers as gunners.
Each Grot Sponson is an additional Big Shoota which uses a BS of ‘3’. Instead of being treated as standard vehicle mounted weapon, the Grot Sponson uses the same rules for firing as transported models using Firing Points (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook for more details,) and is not counted as a weapon for the gargant itself taking damage. However, because of their precarious nature, every time a gargant with Grot Sponsons suffers damage, roll a D6 for each sponson which is destroyed on a roll of 4+ as the Grot is either splattered across the hull or the whole rig simply falls off!
-Supa-dupa rokkit: +40 points. One shot grot guided rokkit. Hits on a d6 roll of 2+. You may take one supa-dupa rokkit for every 5 structure points on the gargant.
-Ejektion system: +25 points. Should gargant get destroyed the boss mek may activate da ejection system. Roll a 1d6 on a roll of 4+ the ejection system works and the explosive bolts in the gargants neck explode igniting the rocket assisted jets built into the gargants head. Turning the gargants kommand center into an escape pod. The head will shoot away from the gargant in a random direction 4d6”roll the scatter dice. If you roll a hit you may pick the direction of the scatter. If it lands on any models treat it as a lift-droppa attack, though the gargant head can’t suffer anymore damage from the drop. Once it lands it becomes an objective and still retains its special rule Effigy of Gork / Mork.
-Weirdboy tower: +100 points. Gargants only. May take a Weirdboy tower that has all the same effects as a weirdboy tower battlewagon. It has no weapons other than the imprisoned Weirdboy himself. Note that the gargant is just to large to take feedback damage from the fizzle result on the weirdboy chart. Count it as no psychic power available this turn instead, Gargant may move and shoot normally otherwise.

GARGANT WEAPONS
Gargants are big, mean, and ugly behemoths of mass destruction and their weapons reflect this.
Weapon: Range Strength AP Special rules
Deth Kannon: 72” 10 1 Ordnance 1, 7” blast, P.
Gigashoota: 48” 6 4 Heavy 6d6, CX, P.
Supa-rokkitz: Unlimited 8 3 Heavy 1, one shot, GG.
Supa-Scorcha: Hellstorm 6 3 Assault 1, template placed 12” from weapon.
Supa-Gatler: 48” 7 3 Heavy 2d6, Psycho-Dakka-Blasta!, CX, P.
Gaze of Mork/Gork: 60” 2d6 2 Heavy 3, Roll Str for each shot, 11-12 = D...
Gut Busta Belly Gun: Select a single type of ammo each shot.
-Scatter shot: 72” 7 3 Ordnance 1, 3d6” blast, P.
-Solid shot: 72” D - Ordnance 1, 5” blast, D, P.
-Chain shot: 72” 9 3 Ordnance 1, 7” blast, P.
Mega-Scorcha: Hellstorm 7 3 Assault 1, template placed 18” from weapon, P.
Scatter Kannon: 72” 8 3 Heavy 6d6, CX, P.
Supa-Lifta-Droppa: 60” - - Lifta-Droppa, P.
Pulsa Rokkit: 120” - - Pulsa rokkit, one shot.
Mega-Kannon: 96” D 2 Ordnance 1, 10” blast, D, P.
Flakk Gunz: 48” 7 4 Assault 4, AA.
Big-Lobba: 12-48” 6 4 Ordnance 1, 5” blast, barrage.
Supa-Mega-Blasta: 72” 10 1 Ordnance 1, 10” blast, melta, P.
Supa-dupa rokkit: Unlimited 10 2 Heavy 1, one shot, GG.
Grot bomb launcha: 24-72” 8 3 Heavy 1, blast one shot, barrage, GG.
Supa-zzap macro kannon: 180” D 2 Ordnance 1, 10” blast, D, P.
Supa-snazz kannon: 72” D 2 Heavy 3, 5” blast, D, P.

AA = Anti-aircraft weapon.
CC = Close combat only.
CCW = Close combat weapon.
CX = Co-axial weapon.
P = Primary weapon.
D = Destroyer.
GG = Grot guided hits on a 2+.
Melta =Roll 3d6+10 for armor penetration against targets under the hole in the center of the template, and 2d6+10 against other targets.

Fugiman12
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Fugiman12 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 am

wow... 3 months and still no comments. As I said before anyone can give constructive criticism, it's just MWG's that is official.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Sorry, but it needs to be official GW material in order to qualify.

TyrantEatos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by TyrantEatos » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm

The rules I made for my Mega Gargant are based off the Kustom Stumpa from the IA books, just bigger
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 62&t=79901
How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them. Aun'shi of the Tau Empire

adneycandy
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by adneycandy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 am

I've made it by taking the datasheet that the-waaagh.com uses and buffing it down quite a bit. ( the one that they made had 40 structure points and stronger guns than the emperor class titan!) Also if you see a gun that isn't on the Gargants datasheet I might of forgot to remove it while editing.