House Rules (need your input)

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Re: House Rules (need your input)

Post by Randolph » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 pm

bigoldfrog wrote:@ Randy - My bad. I was postulating for non-Apocalypticon Apocalypse games. For Apocalypticon... well, when I blanket your army with D explosions emanating from your own titans... *cackles*.
Oh yes...Anrakyr...is on my list of models to take out quickly. The one big problem is that he has to get within 18" of my titans and that will be a good challenge for you. I'm planning on keeping a 2' buffer between my titans and enemy models...mostly by blasting everything to oblivion that comes into that 2 foot space. I'll also be targeting the traveler as soon as I see him on the board. Please keep all of your high points and important units near him so that I can practice my aim. :D

P.S. this also goes for the doom of Malan'tai
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

@ Randy - No, no my friend. I'm bringing the pain with Chaos Space Marines, Daemons and Tau. Though should you be lucky enough, you'll see Anrakyr in the hands of a friend of mine- the same one I built the gargants for!

Should I bear the distinct honour of facing off against the Titan Legion this year, you'll witness my schemes.. .. .

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm

I got you in my sights, Froggy.... Especially if you are running chaos this year...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:38 am

There's lots of Chaos lovin' to go around

The thought of having to face down the shiny forces of the false corpse god's inquisition leaves me unable to sleep.. .. I can't decide if I will assault them off the board, nuke them off the board, drown them in zombies... Such decisions I now face!

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:52 pm

I know the best thing to introduce from the new book...........................................

Seize the initiative!

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Quick question. Since the ruling has been made regarding no fortifications (which, I assume translate over to the Aquila Strongpoint, though it has a datasheet in the new book, but is still classified as a fortification), are we still allowing the Defense Lasers from last edition?

I am curious, as that model would make a wonderful looking defense laser (and I want it), but do not want to make a faux pas in using it as a laser, if not allowed, or if the Aquila Strongpoint can be used as is.

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:30 pm

!! I pray we are allowing the Defence Lasers from 5th! I have enough of them in my Apocalypticon army.

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm

miniwargaming wrote:I can say with confidence that we will NOT be using the new Apocalypse rules, although we will allow any new datasheets and formations.
For clarification, does this include the new building/fortification datasheets and stronghold formations in the new apoc book?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Yes you can bring Defense Lasers. No, you cannot bring any other fortifications.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Another quick question regarding the basing for the models. Is the textured paints that GW sell alright for the fully based, or must it be flocked/sand?

After seeing it painted and drybrushed, it looked, in my opinion, better than if it were covered in flock and sand.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 am

Yes, that would be fine.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:38 pm

miniwargaming wrote:Yes, that would be fine.
I think this just became my favourite ruling of the game... It will save me so much time.

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 pm

If I bring Abbadon's Black Legion formation can I use his Planet Killer - Master of Disaster Ability?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 pm

What does it do? If it removed tables then no. ;)

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

miniwargaming wrote:What does it do? If it removed tables then no. ;)

Bah!!! I was only going to remove 10-15 tables from the game!

Kidding aside, Abbadon rolls on the Magma?? Table not the Seismic one so all he does is either hit three units with s7 ap3 hit, three units with s10 ap2 hit, or cause overheats. And he has to roll on that table once per turn to get those.