House Rules (need your input)

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
jj3
Gold Vault Member

Re: House Rules (need your input)

Post by jj3 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm

It's ok, you have 2-3 Tau players that will get all the 1st turn love, so you'll be around for the 2nd turn!

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

jj3 wrote:It's ok, you have 2-3 Tau players that will get all the 1st turn love, so you'll be around for the 2nd turn!
Cool, so I will still be able to blast away all you tank armies out there.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:19 pm

jj3 wrote:It's ok, you have 2-3 Tau players that will get all the 1st turn love, so you'll be around for the 2nd turn!
I bet Tau will be spread out pretty evenly across both sides since they love being allies to all. Just need 4 of these on each side to even things out http://goo.gl/cxi3L

I'm looking forward at attempting to break the new book/formations. Hopefully there will not be anything too beardy. If they change the name from 'Chaos Conclave' to 'The Conclave of Chaos' that's different right? :twisted:

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I can't believe you are still dwelling on this. It wasn't that bad!! I could only drop three 10" pie plates on you before I had to concentrate on my own table. Only one of those templates was D strength, and I don't think I accomplished anything with those templates. I think only one of your Rail Gun nests blew up. Just one...or a few (I don't remember)...

...And a bunch of fire warriors (maybe) and possibly some hammerheads, but - Your "Greater Good" Titans just laughed and moved on!
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Randy, are you even bringing your titans this year? Considering how quickly I'll be blowing them up, is it really worth the hassle?

Fwa ha ha ha ha ha ha....

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Randolph wrote:
I can't believe you are still dwelling on this.
It was just so sudden when you wandered up with a fistfull of templates :) I had so hoped you would stop at someone elses table to share the joy!

I had vindication when my remoras popped up and shot your warlord with a seeker.

It's a great memory from that game, I want to relive it over and over :)

SoWhat
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by SoWhat » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm sorry if this has been covered but with the Mid July Release of the new apocalypse book, formations, rules and units I was wondering how it would be handled?

- Will we be allowed to use the new units?
- Will we be allowed to use the new formations?
- If so will the new formations/units overwrite the old formations/units with the same name or will we be able to choose which version of the formation we use provided we declare it and bring the appropriate rules?
- Are we using the new apocalypse rules, the forge world updates, or will this be answered when the book actually comes out?
- Will old formations not detailed in the new book still be valid?

Thanks.

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:42 am

I imagine the method of selection would be that a player has to use the new rules for all of his/ her Apocalypse class units/ formations, or use the old rules for all of his/ her Apocalypse class units/ formations.
The only exceptions I could foresee being allowed would be when an Apocalypse class entity existed under the old rules set, but does not now. There is precedent for this already (Endless Swarm).

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 am

Matt will announce what we'll do, but it will take a book in hand to see.

There's a number of kludges currently to make things work, if it smooths out and cleans up things my bet is we will use the new apoc. There's enough time to learn the new stuff, and we can always have a practice round after setup on Friday!

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:04 am

bigoldfrog wrote:I imagine the method of selection would be that a player has to use the new rules for all of his/ her Apocalypse class units/ formations, or use the old rules for all of his/ her Apocalypse class units/ formations.
The only exceptions I could foresee being allowed would be when an Apocalypse class entity existed under the old rules set, but does not now. There is precedent for this already (Endless Swarm).
Well it looks like there are no warlord or imperator rules anymore in the book. So it looks like they can't be used. Oh well Randy, your Titans will make awesome paperweights.

*Sarcasm*

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:14 pm

I can't answer this question until I have the new book.

I suspect the answer will be no, we won't use the new book, but that depends on how much it changes.

3 weeks is not enough time for everybody to learn the new rules.

jj3
Gold Vault Member

Post by jj3 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm

miniwargaming wrote:I can't answer this question until I have the new book.

I suspect the answer will be no, we won't use the new book, but that depends on how much it changes.

But it would be a good excuse to get together post-setup to play a few rounds, a pre-game lunch discussion over the new rules, a post-Friday dinner discussion over the new rules...

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm

bigoldfrog wrote:Randy, are you even bringing your titans this year? Considering how quickly I'll be blowing them up, is it really worth the hassle?

Fwa ha ha ha ha ha ha....
I don't think it would be the same game if we didn't bring the Titans. Besides, how am I going to get rid of most of your army if not from a good old D Strength explosion. 4000pts is totally worth it when considering the size of the explosion and the number of models that I took out.

I've not read the book yet...(I'll have it on Saturday) but I too heard the rumours that the Emperor and Warlord Titans are not included in the book. They will be included in my book.

This will change the meta of the game but won't stop me from bringing Titans.
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Just read the latest rumor about destroyer weapons. If these are the new destroyer rules, why even bother playing, when half your army is just going be taken off turn 1 -2?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/07/ ... rules.html

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:09 pm

miniwargaming wrote:I can't answer this question until I have the new book.

I feel like when we do Apocalypticon we don't really follow the apocalypse rules anyway, i.e. deployment and assets, which I like(the part about not following the deployment and assets). It is more of a really big standard battle using formations and the cool big units. That being said most of the people don't need to know the actual apocalypse rules just the way super heavies, structure points, gargantuan creatures, and formations work. So we could still use the new formations and super heavies because there really isn't that much to re-learn. But its your call and we really do have to just wait and see what the new book holds.