It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

thanks for the quick response on my thread about the laser. And I do get it, I never thought about the time limit, what with 45 min and all so it all makes sense.

Skaven
Empire
Bretonians

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

jae is the artillery support, give me a call and ill drop you a package:

7 Earth Shaker Emplacements
2 Mantacores
1 Bombard
1 Marauder Bomber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
Gold Vault Member

So, I got a question. Since I am attempting to represent all three branches of the Inquisition, I have a suitable force of GK's and Sisters. However, I am stumbling over the Deathwatch portion, on account of rules.

The beardy gamer in me thinks I should use Sternguard Vet's to represent the deathwatch. However, while their rules reflect them in terms of ammo and such, they fall a bit short, in my opinion. I do, however, have the old Chapter Approved rules for Deathwatch marines (horribly costed an all!). Would these rules (designed with 3/4th ed. in mind) be alright to use?

I am not planning on fielding many of these fella's (only 15), and will have the rules on hand for any interested party, if allowed to use said rules.

Also, if it helps, I was thinking about aiming them right at Kris... His Eldar have proven... Troublesome, to say the least, and could use a Deathwatch beatdown.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

That is some nice arty. I got a bit myself, but I am more the tank and chimera side.

Skaven
Empire
Bretonians

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm 
Silver Vault Member

I've just remembered a rules conundrum I've personally seen adjudged to either side of the divide-
When a weapon procures a +1 to the super heavy vehicle damage chart (e.g. AP1 weapons), is this +1 also applied to ensuing rolls if the initial (and possibly ensuing) roll ended up being a '6'; chain reaction?

e.g. My railgun hits a baneblade, I roll a 6; chain reaction. On my next roll the die comes up a '5'. Is this 5 modified to a 6, due to AP1, or not, due to interpretation of Chain Reaction?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

It says add one to the damage chart, so even with the re-roll you should add one. However that is my opinion and i have also heard people who say nay nay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

@Jae4x4

Quote:
- 20 Leman Russ (5 Vanquisher, 6 Battle Cannon, 4 Demolisher, 2 Punnisher, 2 Executioner, 1 Eradicator) None of them have sponsons
- 5 EarthShaker Emplancement
- 2 MantaCore
- 1 Bombard
- 2 Medusa
- 1 Marauder Bomber

- 2 Hades Breeching Drills (10 Engineers)
- 30 Dkok Grenadiers
- 3 Heavy Mortars

- Marbo

- 1 Vindicarte Assassin

Are those 30 grenadiers in chimera, or on foot?

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

grenadiers cant have chimeras, they might be in centaurs though!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

@Jae4x4

Oh sorry I forgot that you were using the DKOK rules for them.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

So here is the problem miniwargamers,
I feel like I need to post my list to make sure its not cheese. My list is similar to Jae's, so here it goes:

21 total tanks: 5 vanquishers, 2 executioners, 3 demolisher's, and 10 MBT, none with sponsons.
3 basilisks
Marbo
Techpriest w/5 servitors
3 shadowsword

All of these are out of IG dex except for the shadowswords.

BUT, I also wanted to bring a 2k list of GK, Just 1 or 2 Techmarines, and a few henchman squads modeled as Adeptus Machanicus. There wouldn't be any Gk's like paladins or termies or named characters. The onlu other thing I wanted to do was bring one of each assassin, because I think they would look cool togethor and i love the models. This would total around 8k when I am done. So do you guys think that it is too cheese in any way? I was planning on having my arty(basilisks, and shadowswords) help out any other tables who need it.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

i don't see anything cheep about that, this is apocalypse there is no force organization and they said we could ally with other imperium factions!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

So questions on rules and deployment over multiple tables.

first off will my officer of the fleet affect all enemy reserves until his death, or just my board.

Second, I am able to place 6 bunkers as part of a formation I am taking. Do they have to be on my board or can I a couple on someone else's board if I want too.

To go with this question, if men are inside, will the 1" from enemy DS rule apply from the edge of the bunker?

Also, My Defense Laser is modeeled on a Fortress of Redemption with a couple of additions to make it unique. Is that alright or should I really bling it up?

Skaven
Empire
Bretonians

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

gredert wrote:
So questions on rules and deployment over multiple tables.

first off will my officer of the fleet affect all enemy reserves until his death, or just my board.

Second, I am able to place 6 bunkers as part of a formation I am taking. Do they have to be on my board or can I a couple on someone else's board if I want too.

To go with this question, if men are inside, will the 1" from enemy DS rule apply from the edge of the bunker?

Also, My Defense Laser is modeeled on a Fortress of Redemption with a couple of additions to make it unique. Is that alright or should I really bling it up?

1. I don't think OOTF does anything as you aren't rolling for reserve rolls. If it does then it would be your board only.

2. Depends what it's from. Spearhead stuff won't work neither will 6th fortifications. You can only put your own stuff in your own deployment area to begin with if I'm not mistaken.

3. Depends if it's occupied or not. If yes then it would apply

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I have 2 formations from the appoc books and one of them gives me the ability to place 6 bunkers. This is nothing to do with 6th, they are just bunkers with I believe AV 14. my stuff is all packed atm due to impending vacation time so I cant check if it says my deployment zone or not. This one can be worked out day of easily anyways.

Skaven
Empire
Bretonians

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Would anyone have a problem facing 15 leman russ executioners? I am trying to figure out how to get more points with what I have. I was going to paint

This portion blue, with either white circles around it, or like white lightning on it, to make it look like plasma and maybe get my airbrush working and do some glow effects. I also thought it would be cool to add like plasma coils to the back, for looks. Also, this isnt my leman russ, mine will be black, gold, and catachan green.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next