It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 pm 
Silver Vault Member

I actually took for granted that, akin to doubles tournaments, the positive force multipliers of one army could not affect the units of a different codex (and sometimes army, pending on the tourny).
Definitely in agreement that that 'cross codex' limburger shouldn't be encouraged.

@Aegis Nay I say! I may disagree with what you're saying, but I defend to the death your right to say it! oh wait..

I am of the strongest opinion that a person being blown apart by turn 2 is something to be avoided. I merely have noticed in past Apocalypse games that things of this nature usually amounted from a rain of 10" D templates and a heart breakingly well placed super-critical catastrophic explosion removing a hula-hoop's worth of models (exciting and crazy, don't get me wrong).

If individuals were unscrupulous with their army selections in past years, and/or there is threat this year of something like that happening, then count me as a supporter of social intimidation* upon these limburger individuals.

FoC restrictions or no, I'm cool either way.

* - Perhaps a calling in of the air cav' could be just punishment of the cheeze factory.
"See Mike from Canmore over there, using one psyker to give his titans a 5+ cover save, and his GK psyker to increase it to 4+? Triple digit lascannons ought to sort him out."

@jae4x4: Your buddy has a force that is strong with the force! What a navy he possesses! If I'm against you guys I hope whomever is stuck next to me brings the cheeze- I mean the pain!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Will the sanguinor's "+1 attack bubble"affect Super Heavies/Gargantuan Creatures?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

So Nids venomthropes cover save from their poison cloud doesn't work... that's poo!

Warmachine - Menoth 50 pts
Blood Bowl - humans, orcs, halflings, skaven

"If only painting miniatures was as easy and fast as buying them."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:52 am 
Silver Vault Member

It occurred to me, that with so many tables lined up immediately adjacent to each other, will outflanking forces work in the same manner of regular games?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

bigoldfrog wrote:
It occurred to me, that with so many tables lined up immediately adjacent to each other, will outflanking forces work in the same manner of regular games?

Last year outflanking did not work at all (far too ripe for abuse methinks) and flank marching formations worked on your own table and the two adjacent ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Vache Glace wrote:
bigoldfrog wrote:

Last year outflanking did not work at all (far too ripe for abuse methinks) and flank marching formations worked on your own table and the two adjacent ones.
To further this point, it also only allowed you to come on a board edge for yours, or adjacent tables. This means that, since the board is a long continuous table, you come on your side, or the player opposite, not the flanks.

This, so far, has proven to be fairly balanced with only one nasty Daemon player really using it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Aegis wrote:
Vache Glace wrote:
bigoldfrog wrote:

To further this point, it also only allowed you to come on a board edge for yours, or adjacent tables. This means that, since the board is a long continuous table, you come on your side, or the player opposite, not the flanks.

This, so far, has proven to be fairly balanced with only one nasty Daemon player really using it.

Yeah - he went by the name of iced cow or frozen bovine or chilly heifer - or something like that.

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Randolph wrote:
Aegis wrote:

Yeah - he went by the name of iced cow or frozen bovine or chilly heifer - or something like that.
Well, I was trying not to name names, and be a jerk... Like someone else in this thread who has done that sort of thing... you know, not naming names... :p

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Aegis wrote:
Randolph wrote:
Aegis wrote:

Well, I was trying not to name names, and be a jerk... Like someone else in this thread who has done that sort of thing... you know, not naming names... :p

Trololololololllo

Yea that guy is kind of a stick in the mud. I think it was moreso that all of his opponent's stuff got redeployed on their own edge via disruptor beacons (now banned) which could then be assaulted by flank marching stuff the following turn. I think he had a big Daemon formation (which doesn't actually flank march but lets you come in on a different table edge every turn you hold them in reserve) called Outriders of the Brazen Host or something. I wouldn't know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:38 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Either way, did not seem to unbalanced. Surprised about the Disruptor Beacons, for the record.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Can any of these be discussed as a group the day of when we all get together? Specifically the Unlimited Range dropping to 120". I have a lot of Guard stuff with load of range, and am building a defence laser for this. If you take away unlimted, at least drop the minimum otherwise the Defence Laser is gonna be kinda blunted. I can accept only destroying strategems within a certain range (not only my table though since they may not have any and so I get screwed). This isnt the worst ruling ever, but for 50 bucks and me driving around 17 hours in an SUV (ie much more money for gas), limiting my army is kinda lame. At the least allow exceptions like the Laser, this thing isnt a titan with 5 other guns, its got one role and I feel either let me use it right, or remove the minimum range so it at least makes good effect in my fight.

Skaven
Empire
Bretonians

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 am 
Site Admin

The reason for the limit is to keep the game moving. If you are busy shooting across the room then you won't be able to get everything done on your table.

What is the minimum range of the laser?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am 
MWG Fanatic

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
I ran a defence laser last year, and what I did was let my team-mates fire it. I forget his name (maybe jae4x4), but he needed a hand with some tau, so I just yelled over at him, when it was our turn and he put down the template and did all the shooting and rolling with my defence laser, that way, I ddinmt have to run across the room, but it still came in handy.

Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

60"

miniwargaming wrote:
The reason for the limit is to keep the game moving. If you are busy shooting across the room then you won't be able to get everything done on your table.

What is the minimum range of the laser?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am 
Gold Vault Member

I love that aspect of the game!

It is like calling for artillery support when you are pinned down and your enemy is taking pot shots at you from ridge line. With accurate firing from artillery the ridge line disappears and the troops continue pushing forward.

As long as you call for help there should be some templates to spare!

This is a team effort!

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next