House Rules (need your input)

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
xzandrate
Silver Vault Member

Re: House Rules (need your input)

Post by xzandrate » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I can attest to no home-brews for any reason. This is quite simply to alleviate extra work on the organizers. Most players won't have playtested, or playtested the rules properly. This leave the organizers having to determine how the rules will fit into the game, so they have to know every army and all the ins and outs of it. If they let 1 person do it, they have to let everyone do it, and having to do that process 10-20+ times would be totally detract from the event.

The official response I recieved was to use the model to proxy for an existing unit.
Dark Eldar Koven Master

Check out my Dark Eldar blog

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

Imperialgaurdsmen123 wrote:hey matt im new to the foarm but not the game i got my apocalypticon game ticket already and i got two or three question first can my imperial guard be allies in the apoalypticon army secon is there a points limit and third can i please use my god emeperor of man kind these are his stats o He is 6000 points and his stats are ws10 bs9 t9 s9 w10 I10 a10 ld10 sa2+ inv2+ please iv had the model for so long but iv never been able to use him its for apocalypticon im still getting more models and what nots so far i think im at 20000 points of imperium
1. It's been stated yes.
2. Only limit that has been put out there is 3,000 points minimum.
3. For the love that is good and holy, I can only hope that it is no.
10k Ork Waaagh, 30% painted
11k Black Templar Crusade, 99% painted

tmo38
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by tmo38 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:56 pm

-ANY rule that repairs a vehicle
-ANY rule that grants a cover save (except for normal cover rules)
first the rule about repairs i think if you wanna repair a super heavy like a titan it should have to use more characters with repair abilities (sorry if any one already brought this up) or else it would take longer 2nd on the cover save does anyone think a tau marker drone should still get its marker light ability on something you can basically see any where also like a titan? (not knocking on tau just pointing it out)
And an arrow to the knee

Zweedish9
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Zweedish9 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 pm

The problem with repairing super heavies or titans is that in the fluff you need a specialized area to repair these vehicles. Any number of techmarines or other repair units aren't going to be able to repair such a vehicle.

The problem I, and other people, encountered last year is that someone would just camp a techmarine behind the titan of super heavy and just repair whatever damage you did to it. The abilities are extremely OP when used on titans or super heavies no matter the number you use to repair them.
"I want to play FOW but I can't get into the fluff"

"Nuts"

tmo38
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by tmo38 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:37 pm

try making a rule to wear tech marines cant be by titans til a certain round or structure damage is achieved on said titan or heavy support
And an arrow to the knee

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am

Imperialgaurdsmen123 wrote:hey matt im new to the foarm but not the game i got my apocalypticon game ticket already and i got two or three question first can my imperial guard be allies in the apoalypticon army secon is there a points limit and third can i please use my god emeperor of man kind these are his stats o He is 6000 points and his stats are ws10 bs9 t9 s9 w10 I10 a10 ld10 sa2+ inv2+ please iv had the model for so long but iv never been able to use him its for apocalypticon im still getting more models and what nots so far i think im at 20000 points of imperium
1. Can your Imperial Guard be allies to what? If you are bringing Space Marines, then yes.

2. No there is not a points limit. However each turn is only 45 minutes, no matter how much you get done.

3. Sorry, but no.

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 am

Will we be restricted to the table we deploy on? Lets say some guard units are getting trounced on the table to my right. Would I be able to send down some tarmies to assist?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 am

You have to deploy on the table you are given, but you can deep strike onto the adjacent tables.

Once you are deployed, you can go anywhere you want.

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am

MasticatorDeelux wrote:Will we be restricted to the table we deploy on? Lets say some guard units are getting trounced on the table to my right. Would I be able to send down some tarmies to assist?

Do I detect the hint of a narrative scenario?

You deploy on your table but after that you can certainly bring in deep striking units or flyers to help on the two tables near you.

I think what Matt is trying to avoid is the problem where you have your main force on one side of the room and another few squads on the other side of the room and during your opponent's shooting and assault phase you need to be in both locations at the same time. That situation is unfair for your opponents - put yourself in their shoes - they are trying to wrap up all of there phases in 45 minutes and if they have to wait for you to finish with another opponent first, and then run all the way over to the other table - they will likely run out of time.

If you can keep your game scope to the table you are on and the two tables around you then the game will move along smoothly.

If, on-the-other-hand you have an ally 4 tables away from you who is desperate for some help: "Guys I'm getting swarmed here and I'm down to my last can of Raid®" then you should see what resources you have available and definitely help out.

In my case I'd send a little D strength lovin' to see if I could knock a few holes in the enemies lines. He who yells loudest gets the biggest care package!
15k Crimson Fist Fully Painted
5k Celestial Lions Fully Painted
40k Titan Legion
Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:58 am

My thoughts exactly. Just checking.

Vache Glace
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Vache Glace » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm

One thing I was pondering is if there would be a limit on support missiles in this game. One could theoretically take an infinite number of them (although I'm not sure how they work know with the new GK-SoB dexes). I remember in the old book Daemonhunters could take an infinite number of them and require no models in order to field them (they're all coming from off the table). Methinks an infinite number of off the table missiles and bombardments would be a tad bit op :P

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Vache Glace wrote:One thing I was pondering is if there would be a limit on support missiles in this game. One could theoretically take an infinite number of them (although I'm not sure how they work know with the new GK-SoB dexes). I remember in the old book Daemonhunters could take an infinite number of them and require no models in order to field them (they're all coming from off the table). Methinks an infinite number of off the table missiles and bombardments would be a tad bit op :P
Are you referring to the orbital strike relays? If so, they are no longer a codex entry, rather a weapon purchase for certain models. At least, I have not seen any unique entries for them.

As it stands, it requires the use of an HQ/Elite, as well making sure they are stationary. Becomes very expensive.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

jamster
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by jamster » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 am

Hi guys.

I showed up last year with ~8000 points of nids including two Hierophants.

I was against Grey Knights.

Everything was great EXCEPT the Grey Knights StormRaven psychic missiles (mindstrike I believe). My opponent fielded two StormRavens with these. I am not a GK player so maybe someone can give the specifics, but basically these missiles are STR 4 blast, any psyker hit by the blast perils...Start of the game he unloaded 8 into one hierophant (who is a psyker! YAY!) with all of them causing a peril (how can it not when the hierophant model is so huge and the blast needs to only touch the model)

As current rules use 6++ for the phant, 400 points of StormRaven (2) pretty much destroyed 1800 points of Hierophant (1).

I will be coming with space marines this year so this will not affect me but I highly suggest eliminating mindstrike vs Hierophants as it makes this match up very unpleasant.

In regards to Stormravens counting as flyers, my vote is no (I have some in my BA Army)

In regards to Titans blowing up (I definitely think more BOOM = better) but not sold on +1 every turn. How about something like turn 2 +1, turn 3/4 +2, turn 5 +3, if you really want left over titans to explode make turn 5 +4. Titans having 50% chance to go apocalyptic on turn 3, and 66% on turn 4 seems a little excessive. My 2 cents.

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 am

So i dont know if anyone has taken a look at the new Imperial Armor Apocalypse 2nd Edition, there are some new rules on page 4:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/75899448/Impe ... nd-Edition

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 am

jamster wrote:I will be coming with space marines this year so this will not affect me but I highly suggest eliminating mindstrike vs Hierophants as it makes this match up very unpleasant.
Agreed.

I'll add this.