It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hiya folks.

So i dont know how much of this will be a repeat of anything there are alot of threads to read. Reguarding this years Apoc game i really liked the set up of last yeas tables being played across the 4' now there were a few people who got stuck on the 6' and i was thinking that is not really a problem but then randy got one of those said tables and seeing as how he has 2 warlord titans it seemed innapropriate. I am not complaining about the way the games was organised or anything i know there are time restrictions and lst miniute drops or no shows but perhaps for next year we can all show up a bit earlyier like maybe 12 and we would be able to sort those kinks out. Especially since next year will have no upper point limit. Perhaps it should be required that we send you guys our lists and you set the tables previously and if there are no shows fill thiose spots with i dont know playdoh. To the guys at miniwargaming i dont envy the stress of getting this all organised.

Oh and i think we should get this event sponsored by a heavy metal ban, Schtalnik...

Thanks
The guy with the melta 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

OOOOHHHH man i wanna go to an Apocalypse game but I only just ordered the Chaos Space marines battle force. I would have to proxy a lot of units with toys I have hiding in my basement or scratch built stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Hi there, im new to the forum, i would love to be apart of this years game, how can i make that happen? cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:34 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

My dad and I were thinking of tag-teaming this year, but I was wondering: If he uses Tau, and I use Guard, can I use some Space Marine units?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 am 
Site Admin

No.

In fact, you can't really tag team. You both would have to pay, and both would have to meet the minimum requirements.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

miniwargaming wrote:
No.

In fact, you can't really tag team. You both would have to pay, and both would have to meet the minimum requirements.

dang. I'll tell him the bad news.
Thanks for the clarification though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:12 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Hey Matt - you need to change the title of this Topic (it is already next year)

unless you mean plans for 2013 - But I'm not prepared to think that far ahead.

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:23 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Randolph wrote:
I like the idea of having the Warlord's back against the wall so that it is harder to get those rear armour shots against it.

No worries Randolph, this year I'll be bringing some Tiger shark AX-1-0's just for this occasion :)

Joel
AkA Tau Target

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Fish squishin' time.

I'll bring some light troops to chum the water. I want to get those sharks good and hungry before I feed them some las cannon shots. Num num num!

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Randolph wrote:
Fish squishin' time.

I'll bring some light troops to chum the water. I want to get those sharks good and hungry before I feed them some las cannon shots. Num num num!

your signature made me lol :lol:

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

Ogre Kingdoms - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 pm 
Gold Vault Member

So, it has been a little bit. Has there been any update on date and location for the game?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it looks like it will be in Hamilton on August 10th - 11th.

I am working on getting the registration site up and running, which will hopefully be done and ready to go by next week.

Stay tuned for more details.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 pm 
Gold Vault Member

miniwargaming wrote:
Yes, it looks like it will be in Hamilton on August 10th - 11th.

I am working on getting the registration site up and running, which will hopefully be done and ready to go by next week.

Stay tuned for more details.

Makes me happy to hear! Means I can come again... Also means I should start building those fortress walls...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hello Matt,

A few of my friends and I have been considering driving down from Ottawa to participate in this year's apocalypse game. We all thought last years carnage was awesome. From what I can tell on the forums (my username is the-reaper) the game is slated for somewhere in Hamilton on August 10-11th. I also tried emailing you but keep receiving errors for failed delivery.

Before any of my friends and I commit to the trip we were wondering about a few things related to the trip and the game.

1) What would you recommend in terms of a point total to bring? Obviously this should be something we're comfortable playing in a limited amount of time. This question was more for balancing purposes with other players.

2) I'm assuming the painting/basing requirements would be that of a normal tournament? Are there any exceptions?

3) Concerning certain rules and more specifically some data sheets:

Are these sheets ok?
-bloodthirster bloodbath sheet
-Angron, primarch of the world eaters WD sheet (from White Dwarf 344 I think)
-Space Marines Redeemer force datasheet. Will this be updated/modified to fit the rule set of choice?

What happens if your forces are wiped off the board early? (Eg turn 2 or 3 out of a 5 turn game) Do we leave or observe others?

If one or more armies are mobile enough to not start on their board (eg.. all mounted in thunderhawk gunships) can the army enter play on any other table aside from your starting table?

4) How early do we need to show up in order to start setting up the day of the game?

5) Will we need to provide our own food/drink? Sometimes this question is relevant.

6) Do you have any other recommendations for us?

If you could answer these questions we would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Forgot to ask about the security of our models during the event and how many strategic assets we are allowed to take per player or per team.

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next