It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Could me and my sister share a table to make a 2.5k army? because neither of us have 3k points by ourselves so if we could share a table it would be nice. otherwise we might ahve to puch our teenager budgets as far as we can to get alteast 3.5k armies. also can codex marines take stormravens in apoc games?

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:33 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

miniwargaming wrote:
1. No upper points limit. There will still be a 45 minute time limit on each turn, so if you bring too much you won't be able to use it all in time.

45 min. has worked out great thus far.

Having unlimited points however will prove really tricky as some people will be able to purposely strategize that they won't have to roll combats, saves, or checks simply because there will not be enough time for them to react to what is coming at them. E.G. A person with 20k vs. 4 people with 5k: "Oh look your whole Ork army didn't get to assault my guys this turn or roll their attacks because I was off making saves 3 tables over against the Tau close combat I was encountering." I would advise having a cap (could still be larger) but having unlimited will cause more troubles than benefits methinks. Maybe this could be curtailed by placing larger armies solely vs other large armies or by separating tables altogether so there's far less interference from other armies.

Plus, remember the tables. There were only 2 unused ones (if I remember correctly) and with unlimited points I could see people stretching out over 5-6 tables by themselves (especially if only short table edges are used)

miniwargaming wrote:
2. Lower points requirement. Probably around 2000 - 2500.

This should work fine, just have to watch out for one 20k person vs. ten 2k people as the 20k person would be completely overloaded with too many people taking up too much of their time.

miniwargaming wrote:
3. Some banned formations. I'll get to these later.

:lol: no comment.......... Triple Hodgson FTW!

A second narrative game with fewer people, like Alkatron, would be cool every year as well. The big game was not nearly as engrossing or tactile as the 80k game but you sacrifice some things to get to that higher points level.

Looking forward to the next battle!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
So... What about the banned formations

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Fugiman12 wrote:
So... What about the banned formations

Lol, I just said that cause he's gonna ban a few of mine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:41 am 
Gold Vault Member

I personally am fond of the no upper point limits, given the plans I have for next year's match (We cannot let those vile Xenos Eldar maintain their air superiority!). But I will simply parrot the comments that placement will have to be very precise.

What if we were to roll anyone who does bring the 10k+ size forces onto the main narrative tables? For instance, using an idea from another thread about defending an airport/land zone. Put a larger force on that table, but make it worth a good chunk of victory points (say 5-8 points). That would mean that the larger force would be more capable of surviving the inevitable deluge of attacks coming its way.

I think there is something to be gained from creating a greater focus on the narrative. It will allow for some communal VP's to be gain, which would encourage some communication and tactics beyond "shoot Kbelleau's titan 'cause it is scary."

Also, I have had plans to build an Imperial Fortress. It will be big, and probably close to 2000 points on its own, not including the army garrisoning it. That just screams "siege me!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Aegis wrote:

Also, I have had plans to build an Imperial Fortress. It will be big, and probably close to 2000 points on its own, not including the army garrisoning it. That just screams "siege me!"

I like this!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:38 am 
Gold Vault Member

There we go! Now we are talking. I would love to defend a landing strip/space port. We should make this look like the Horus Heresy Game and have 4 space ports surrounding a hive city. Victory points would be based upon holding a port as follows:

1 port = 1 point
2 ports = 2points ea.
3 ports = 3 points ea.
All 4 ports = 5 points ea.

To hold a port you would need to have control of the majority of objectives. 3 objectives per Port. If two objectives are contested then you cannot control that port.

I am busy at work in my Manufactorum, even now, cooking up more Imperial goodness. Give me the responsibility of protecting an area and I can bring a playable 20,000pts of Celestial Lions to the table. <-- Yes, you read that correctly.

That should protect a space port or imperial fortress!!

Working hard to help MWG reach their 1,000,000 pt goal for next year.

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:42 am 
Gold Vault Member

I like the idea Randolph has brought forward, with multiple site objectives, with gradually increasing returns for holding them.

Also, to go along with his ability to field that many Celestial Lions, if given the chance, I can easily field a similar amount of points in various Inquisitorial forces (Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, Death Watch and so forth).

I think this is something we should definitely pursue for the next game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:08 am 

Just a shot outta the dark feel free to yell at me if it's been said before I'm too lazy to double check but have you guys ever considered a Fantasy mega battle? I'm not sure if the rules can suit such a thing as I'm in this hobby for the modeling and painting but a big WHFB mega game would look amazing but would probably take longer due to the complex movement and whatnot.

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:31 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Khornate: a WHFB mega game would look amazing, but I don't think there are enough people in the area that are active enough for something like that. Although I thought that expansion, Storm of Magic or whatever, was supposed to allow for larger battles.

Back onto the topic of the Apoc game next year... I would like to see some of those Imperial Fortress sections on tables here and there.

I wouldn't mind building some up myself to field on my own table. Although I think some logistics would have to be discussed on that topic.

And to respond to Randolph

Randolph wrote:
I am busy at work in my Manufactorum, even now, cooking up more Imperial goodness. Give me the responsibility of protecting an area and I can bring a playable 20,000pts of Celestial Lions to the table. <-- Yes, you read that correctly.

How can you stretch 96 Marines into 20,000 points? ;)

I still want to see it, I'm just asking.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 pm 

Maybe they're movie marines :D

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:16 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Joe wrote:
How can you stretch 96 Marines into 20,000 points? ;)

I still want to see it, I'm just asking

The lack of apothecaries is really annoying. I agree. However, with most of their chapter wiped out, there is a lot of extra equipment lying around.

And, It appears my Celestial Lions must have had some dealings on Mars (or similar forgeworld) because they found themselves some new rides (or maybe commandeered some new rides). A legion of them. Divisio Investigatus

Krome to the rescue

Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Ignite him with a Flamestorm Cannon and he will be warm for the rest of his life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm 

Randolph wrote:

And, It appears my Celestial Lions must have had some dealings on Mars (or similar forgeworld) because they found themselves some new rides (or maybe commandeered some new rides). A legion of them. Divisio Investigatus

I am very interested in seeing this on the table ;)

Now it's just up for me to work out what I want to play next year ;)

Also, anybody have the rules for sentry guns, or know where I can find them?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:38 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Joe wrote:
Also, anybody have the rules for sentry guns, or know where I can find them?

You can find them here (p.10): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/i/IA2update28AUG.pdf

Wait a second...sentry guns...are you playing sprue marines next year?
You're finally coming back from the dark side?

Krome to the rescue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:07 pm 

I was just getting some clarification on sentry guns for those imperial fortress sections.

As for sprue marines... no sorry, my choices are Eldar or Orks... and although I don't have nearly enough Orks... the Convertion and Scratch Building opportunities are extremely inviting ;)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next