2014 questions

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: 2014 questions

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

jae4x4 wrote:then both sides will bid 10 haha, there is a reason the minimum is 5, if you want to go 1st for the advantage, your generals will be punished in a hasty deployment, if you want a lax deployment while enjoying a refreshing beverage and bagel, then bid 30 minutes, but prepare to loose half your army...

BECAUSE THAT NEVER HAPPENS, DOES IT BUDDY

heh, I'ma die first
10k Ork Waaagh, 30% painted
11k Black Templar Crusade, 99% painted

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

i like the idea of movement trays especially with a lot of men, its whether that makes setting up to quick, might make it a tad easy if that makes sense, definitely an idea I like though. Also about the psykers I just thought it means you can make a physic choir a very dangerous tool very easily, which in some ways I like as it makes them a very secure unit and you can use them in different ways but I like the randomness of rolling for powers purely because it makes you have to think about playing them differently to what you wanted which to me is more apocalypsey because a commander would need to adjust strategy to how his enemy is playing.

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:33 pm

frontalrhino wrote: because a commander would need to adjust strategy to how his enemy is playing.
naw it don't matter who i am against i just throw tanks at them, and if that don't work, i throw more

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 pm

jae4x4 wrote:
frontalrhino wrote: because a commander would need to adjust strategy to how his enemy is playing.
naw it don't matter who i am against i just throw tanks at them, and if that don't work, i throw more
I personally just drown them in bolter fire...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 pm

we need different table deployment so my artillery can use its 20 ft range without getting shot at!

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Aegis wrote:MY big hope for this year is the allowance of fortifications...
LEGIONES ASTARTES CASTELLUM STRONGHOLD

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... nghold.pdf

if you build it, they will come...
~Kernbanks

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:29 pm

fortifications would be cool if one side had the big ones but the other could only have small ones and set the tables up as a massive assault on a city of something, it probably wont be a popular idea but it gives another dynamic to the game.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:53 pm

kernbanks wrote:
Aegis wrote:MY big hope for this year is the allowance of fortifications...
LEGIONES ASTARTES CASTELLUM STRONGHOLD

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... nghold.pdf

if you build it, they will come...
If Matt is cool with it, you better believe I will drop the money on this fella!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:47 pm

While this is not official yet, we will most likely allow fortifications from the GW rulebooks.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:54 pm

miniwargaming wrote:While this is not official yet, we will most likely allow fortifications from the GW rulebooks.
Happy to hear such news, especially with the holiday fortification bundles out... Looking at the firestorm redoubt...

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Aegis wrote: Happy to hear such news, especially with the holiday fortification bundles out... Looking at the firestorm redoubt...
Nice model... also picked up an aquilla cannon, and some of those battle cannon turrets, and a fortress of redemption :) :) :) but the big bonus is the new december book... supposed to be a book of siege rules and fortifications. Very nice...
~Kernbanks

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 pm

kernbanks wrote:
Aegis wrote: Happy to hear such news, especially with the holiday fortification bundles out... Looking at the firestorm redoubt...
Nice model... also picked up an aquilla cannon, and some of those battle cannon turrets, and a fortress of redemption :) :) :) but the big bonus is the new december book... supposed to be a book of siege rules and fortifications. Very nice...
It would seem. My local GW guys were bursting with excitement on it, and it seemed fairly genuine.

I am looking at adding the Tempestus Firebase to my collection, providing I can scrounge up the scratch for it. That would give me a second Aquila strongpoint, as well as some firestorms and vengence batteries. Would make for an impressive base for Apoc.

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:28 pm

so no FW fortifications? I would probably add a couple of the Necron bases to my army.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:23 am

Sounds like they are considering fortifications... I would guess that means all. Which will be interesting as those massive fortifications have AV15. That would be far tougher than a planetary defense laser at AV14.

And with the bunker troops can shelter inside and sally forth when coming in from reserve... a great way for some IG to walk on from somewhere other than a board edge.
~Kernbanks

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 am

xtroopers9 wrote:so no FW fortifications? I would probably add a couple of the Necron bases to my army.
They did seem okay with the fortress walls idea from IA. Unless you are talking about the realm of battle piece. That could be tricky, as it is a large piece that is placed on the table..