2014 questions

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
Prophet19
Now we're getting somewhere...

2014 questions

Post by Prophet19 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:17 pm

So irronically i saw the youtube video of 2013's game. and well it got me back into 40k after 9 years. So i guess ill make this short.

So i NEED to field 14k points? or can i bring say. a 5k point army?

Does it take place in one day? or over several?

Anyone in GTA willing to give a fellow player a lift? ill pay for gas :)

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Re: 2014 questions

Post by Aegis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Welcome! It is awesome to hear our ridiculous shenanigans got you back into the game.

For your questions:

1) You do not need 14k. Only those of us who are caught up in the Arms race tend to bring that much (or more. God, what am I doing with my life...). 5k should suffice. It also means you are more likely to have it all painted up for the event as well.

2)It is a two day event. The Friday has been arrival, bid for first turn, set up and first turn so far. Day two is the final four turns, along with a couple breaks for lunch and unwinding.

3)GTA there are a number of us (well, 3 at least in Toronto) that have gone every year. There is likely more, just not 100% positive on that one. As such, I am sure a ride is very easy to arrange, depending where people are staying.

Since a location has yet to be determined, that final point has a lot of ambiguity at the moment.

Where abouts in the GTA are you? If you are in Toronto, come on up the GW at Yonge/Lawrence on Thursdays. Good group of people, and can get you back into the game no problem.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Tyranid96
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Tyranid96 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Clarification of GTA Whereabout would be helpful for carpooling
Blood Angels: Angels Sanguine 10,000pts +
Tyranids: Hive Fleet Andromedous- 3.5k+
Orks: 2500 pts
Grey Knights: 1750+
IG: 1500+

Cygnar:224
Legion: 70
Retribution: 75

Prophet19

Post by Prophet19 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Sorry for the late replies, I am acually in Oshawa (shudders) so as you can imagine the only really warhammer 40k players here are aparently a closed group.

Ill pop in in a week or so to see how it is a drop some money.

i should be able to make a 5k point army by then (im currently casting custom models for my army)

Prophet19

Post by Prophet19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Sorry for the double post, I was wondering if custom models are allowed? Like i have ordered custom casted models to be used as my infantry, is this allowed? (and yes they will be clearly marked)

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 pm

If it is a reasonable looking model, you should be fine. However, it is always a safe bet to fire off a quick picture of the model in question to Matt for approval.

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Prophet19

Post by Prophet19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:02 pm

where abouts should i contact him?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm

I think it is just matt@miniwargaming.com. Otherwise, he is pretty active in here as well.

Prophet19

Post by Prophet19 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Aegis wrote:I think it is just matt@miniwargaming.com. Otherwise, he is pretty active in here as well.
acually....here are the models i want to use as guardsmen, just with some midifications to hold 40k guns
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 11&t=64937

Knightfall02
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Knightfall02 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Prophet19 wrote:
Aegis wrote:I think it is just matt@miniwargaming.com. Otherwise, he is pretty active in here as well.
acually....here are the models i want to use as guardsmen, just with some midifications to hold 40k guns
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 11&t=64937
I have a few of those models for a fallout wargame I am planning. They are really nice but it might get expensive to fields a lot of them. If I remember correctly they area about $10 a model. Goog luck anways, hope to see you at there
7k TY: Hive Fleet Typhon
6k CD: Khornate Demons
"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error"

Erreth
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Erreth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Can you field home made titans?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 pm

There will be more restrictions next year for scratch build anything. Basically it will be required that it accurately represents the model in terms of size and weaponry.

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm

miniwargaming wrote:There will be more restrictions next year for scratch build anything. Basically it will be required that it accurately represents the model in terms of size and weaponry.
Ahh... very interesting
~Kernbanks

crashcanuck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by crashcanuck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 pm

I think we all agree that with some models last year it was difficult to determine just what it was supposed to be or what weapons it was using, esp with the arms race ramping up more and more as it is (more and bigger titans being scratch built) I welcome at least some guidelines for this.

gabrielseth1013

Post by gabrielseth1013 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 am

Hello!
I just joined at the gold level and hope to be an active part of the Canadian wargaming community! I have been a 40k "collector" since 1991 and have poured too many of my personal resources into this game. The reason why I am a collector versus a player is the fact that here in Chicagoland people are "FUN POLICE" and defeated the purpose of getting into the game when I did where I grew up (Iowa---where everybody is nice and just enjoys life) until I left for college (IOWA HAWKEYES!!). I admit that my enthusiasm for Games Workshop waxes and wanes with their policies I see imposed on small businesses that have done nothing but support the hobby, but I digress...
Short story long, I have recently gotten back into the hobby (@2011) and promptly enlisted a Canadian painter (Vancouver) to paint up some Flesh Tearers to Golden Demon standard to the amount of @ 8000 points thus far and planning on reaching 10k points before it is over. Just wondering if I make the trek to Hamilton if I would be "out of my league" in both points and experience. I would very much love to participate and am including some pics of my army to show someone elses quality...Let me know if I would be welcome or just unqualified to play....I appreciate honesty! Thanks and I love the culture that I always experience in Canada as well as the people!!