Thoughts on the New Apocalypse

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Re: Thoughts on the New Apocalypse

Post by kernbanks » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Aegis, same issue... thought I posted but from my phone sometimes things just slip i to the warp and are lost forever.
Bigfrog, no Titans this year?

Anyway, I agree with you across the board... good pun eh? I just need to keep building and when the time gets closer I can filter the list down to what I want.
~Kernbanks

crashcanuck
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by crashcanuck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Personally I will have a few D weapons for next year but I feel the best use of them is to deal with other super-heavies that have D weapons of their own.

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm looking at buying one or two warhounds, keeping to a plasma/turbo laser kit out. Should be fun.
10k Ork Waaagh, 30% painted
11k Black Templar Crusade, 99% painted

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:44 pm

I am personally trying to hold on the Titan front. They are big and awesome, but I love the idea of competing with out them... Though, Kern showed me a lovely warlord titan, and I have been tempted...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

I found a niiiice templar warhound for sale. It's really the only reason.

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Maybe when I return to work and have more time... it is honestly so f'ing stupid that I have more work, more demands on my time, in grad school than working a 40 hour work week.

So, when I get time again it is on like donkey kong.
~Kernbanks

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:41 pm

@ Kernbanks -

No Titans this year, or superheavies of almost any sort.
Few D weapons because you don't roll many dice with them. I like rolling lots of dice, and Apocalypticon is the place that allows for as much of this as possible.*
Few superheavies because I want a much, much smaller army this year so I'm not racing, but still want lots of models to place and subsequently remove.*

*- ...and because I want others to have fun too, irrelevant of our differing viewpoints. No one complains about 200 zombies, and seeing those blighters die by the drove is evil-fun.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

@Bigoldfrog: You continue to be a great example of the spirit of the game. Everything considered, you have taken everything in stride, and still want to come back to have fun. Just have to say kudos to you on that one. Also, racing to finish is stressful...

I am actually tempted to cap my army at certain model limit this year. I found with last year, I brought handful of Immolators into a wonderful position full of orks, but forget all about them in my rush to complete everything within the time limit (of which I am a fan of, and do not want to see changed).
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Hey Matt, i am currently building a massive scratch built flyer for Imperial Guard, but it does not have a Stat line. It is the massive IG dropship pictured in the codex a few times....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... -small.jpg

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/ ... -cover.jpg

My question is can I make it for example the stats line of 2 Tau Mantas, points, same weapons with different names to suit IG. I have already sunk a solid 600$ into the construction of it, it will be around 4-6' x 2'-3' . I wanted to make its own rules as a super massive transport with only one main gun. I bought 2 macro cannons, the bases are the engines, the eagle heads are the double eagle pictured on the front of the codex, and the gun barrels are in a ww2 battleship style housing. Let me know what your ideas on this are, chances are it wont be done till 2015 and i will need a uhaul to transport it. It will look better than Randy's titans (if he helps me haha). Let me know! A detailed answer will help save me a lot of time and money :D

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 am

That's a tough one, because I can't see the final product. You would definitely have to make it detailed enough and WYSIWYG, using some statline from something that is already existing.

We will be disallowing most custom made datasheets (not all, just most), and instead enforcing a more WYSIWYG standard for scratch builds. However, I do want to encourage projects like this, so we can probably work something out.

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Ok cool, well i am not making it to be overpowered or unfair but more of a spectacle that people will love and love more killing it (like a giant pinata full of guardsmen), i want it to be mainly a transport, it would be wysiwug 100%, 1 primary weapon with some small landing weapons like mortars, heavy bolters and las cannons (alot of them). Some custom rules for when it crashes. And a massive transport capacity, I have 2 gorgons that will come out of it (d-day landing superheavys from forge world) and another few hundred guardsmen. I will keep you posted with progression a rough statline for now. I am never about winning, just having fun!

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:23 pm

I just have a titan I went marginally in debt for. But damn if it doesn't look snazzy.