11th months and counting

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

11th months and counting

Post by kernbanks » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:17 pm

So, the new Apoc book should be digesting in all of our gaming bellies... I miss the rules for the Warlord, and I bet GW will not update the rules for the Emperor online either. I wonder if we (the community) should convert one or if Matt/Dave will multiply by 3 and standardize the weapon options.

As for super heavy tanks, I missed the Stormblade in both of the new books... but it seems FW has helped us out there (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/P ... mblade.pdf) and I have a couple works in progress to add a few of these little bad boys to my force. Aegis can attest... I like plasmablast guns... although it can be argued I will need a few more D-weapons to thin the heard faster on the otherside of the board. Maybe some Shadowswords too then?

So what has everyone else been doing? A first glimpse into my fall project...

We'll see where it goes...

Kernbanks
~Kernbanks

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Re: 11th months and counting

Post by Aegis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, I am waiting to get my hands on the new IA: Apoc. book to see how fortress walls work now. If they turn out favourable, that is all I am doing this year (seeing as I cannot possibly think of what to add to my GK's). Though, if they surprise me with a Sisters update... Let us just say I will be marshalling a pure Apoc. Sister's list.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 pm

kernbanks wrote:So what has everyone else been doing? A first glimpse into my fall project...

We'll see where it goes...

Kernbanks
Hey!! Those are the same plans I'm using... cool.

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 am

They look great... are you printing them at 100% on 8.5x11? I think that will make the hawk slightly smaller than a "real" one. I scaled up 127% so the width become 4 inches and I can use two thick cut out of the foam core insulation... unless i can find a different foam supplier.
~Kernbanks

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:26 am

I measured mine against Aegis' hawk two years ago and I am to scale. I used 1/4" foam core to create the structure and I am slowly detailing (Titans kinda took away my time) the outer skin with kids craft foam and plasti-card. The engines are the hardest part because you can build them following the designs but I am trying to find a good substitute using other objects. Like dog chew toys (honestly!) and dollar store, light sabres (sorry kids but I'm taking all of the light sabres!!) :twisted:

Also the t-hawk las cannons are the size of an Icarus Laser - so that will require some work to make it look right or you'll just have to convince your opponent that those little las cannons from the predator tank are the correct scale :)

Looking forward to seeing more T-Hawks on the table.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Pretenders, all of you!
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Randolph
Gold Vault Member

Post by Randolph » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Aegis wrote:Pretenders, all of you!
I hope so - otherwise this would be too much like work and not enough like a dream! And my dreams are pretty awesome!!

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 pm

I found a starwars pod racer that has two awesome engines of about the correct size with detail at a garage sale - it will be silicon cast and reproduced after some modifications. The. An x-wing wing will become the wing strut and the frontwing... hoping anyway.

Numerical Partial Differential Equations is racking up about 20-30 hours a week alone and thats a huge chunk of my private time.
~Kernbanks