Plans For 2014

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Re: Plans For 2014

Post by kernbanks » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:54 pm

Aegis wrote:I am really tempted to apply for the event planner... Really tempted...
go for it... you would be great.
~Kernbanks

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:27 pm

kernbanks wrote:
Aegis wrote:I am really tempted to apply for the event planner... Really tempted...
go for it... you would be great.
I am mulling it over this weekend. After all, I am only a hop skip and jump out of Hamilton, so it would not be too hard to scout out venues, especially since it is easy enough to start with hotels/conference centers and move down the list.

Though, I wonder if the chosen person would still get to participate as a player...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 pm

That would be a huge deal breaker... I just can't get there from here. I would have the time to make calls, but again international would make it quite the bill.

Now if you need someone to assist with web searching, databasing, etc I could offer some web tech support.
~Kernbanks

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Yes, they would still be able to play.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:20 pm

miniwargaming wrote:Yes, they would still be able to play.
Well sir, way to add the cherry on top...

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 am

hello, im looking at coming to apocalypticon 2014 cause it looks epic and I love apocalypse :P I mean who doesn't, my main query is that as someone who lives in the UK, can I still come? and if so how much does the event itself cost? obviously Ill pay all my other stuff flights and accommodation etc but if it gets too expensive it might not be worth it if that makes sense.
anyhow cheers
Lewis

15k space wolves
5k sisters of battle
2k imperial guard

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 am

Anybody is welcome to come. We haven't finalized prices yet for 2014, but last year it costed $50.

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Awesome I'll defo be coming then if I get a ticket. When do tickets usually go on sale?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Last year they went up late February. I think the same for the year before.

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Cool I hope me and you arnt the only players with sisters. :P
Also could anyone tell me a reasonably priced hotel in the area?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm

frontalrhino wrote:Cool I hope me and you arnt the only players with sisters. :P
Also could anyone tell me a reasonably priced hotel in the area?
Second comment first. The location itself has not been decided. I know Matt was looking to get help for that task, not sure if they hired someone yet for that. We will likely know the location around the time of the tickets.

What we do know is that it will likely by in Hamilton, Ontario, which is one of the larger cities in the province, so no lacking of hotels. If you are renting a car while around, the opens up options throughout the Niagara region and Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

As for your second comment: N'ah! Playing Sisters is a near exclusive club, my friend! Especially when you have as many as we do. Though, on my part, I would love to see another Sister's player show up. I cannot shake the feeling some folk gun for Sisters just because...

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

Yer I've just started with them and learning how the new rules play but so far with my space wolves there working really well.
On another note one of my mates is also looking at coming to apocalypticon with all his eldar. How many people come from outside Canada?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Not sure if data has been taken on how many exactly, but every year we seem to get more folk from across the border coming up. I am sure if you put it out there where you are coming from, you may find someone to hitch a ride.

frontalrhino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by frontalrhino » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

as im coming from the UK I don't think anyone will be able to give me a lift but on the of chance someone has a boat, I am all for a lift :P

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:03 pm

frontalrhino wrote:as im coming from the UK I don't think anyone will be able to give me a lift but on the of chance someone has a boat, I am all for a lift :P
Yeah, you may on your own on that front...