ruling on new apoc book

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: ruling on new apoc book

Post by miniwargaming » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 am

Tyranid96 wrote:Only thing is the multitude of people who have not had a chance to pick up the book and still wont give it a while to learn. This same thign happened last year when 6th came out, just not enough time for the majority.
This is exactly the reason. I preordered the book from GW and still don't have my copy (I should get it today or tomorrow probably), and there will be plenty of others who won't even get the book before next week.

After getting it I might include some of the rules (I like the idea of super heavies using the regular vehicle damage chart as it is easier to remember), but we'll have to wait until I get the book.

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Post by xtroopers9 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 am

miniwargaming wrote:
Tyranid96 wrote:Only thing is the multitude of people who have not had a chance to pick up the book and still wont give it a while to learn. This same thign happened last year when 6th came out, just not enough time for the majority.
This is exactly the reason. I preordered the book from GW and still don't have my copy (I should get it today or tomorrow probably), and there will be plenty of others who won't even get the book before next week.

After getting it I might include some of the rules (I like the idea of super heavies using the regular vehicle damage chart as it is easier to remember), but we'll have to wait until I get the book.
That's sounds good, the new destroyer rules would also be good to include. They keep the game moving much faster, vehicles are almost guaranteed to explode. There is even a blurb on the super heavies page that says for ease you could just ignore all damage on vehicles (not just super heavies) except for the hull points and explodes, i.e. ignore dice rolls of 1 - 5.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

Tyranid96
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Tyranid96 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Im sure Matt will make the right choice with what rules he chooses to include like always, so rest assured you dirty necron it will be done.
Blood Angels: Angels Sanguine 10,000pts +
Tyranids: Hive Fleet Andromedous- 3.5k+
Orks: 2500 pts
Grey Knights: 1750+
IG: 1500+

Cygnar:224
Legion: 70
Retribution: 75

mongo8089
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by mongo8089 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 pm

To Matt, Jay and Dave

As always I believe that the posters are abiding by the rule of cool and looking for a great game.

Just a suggestion.. would it be wise to try to utilize the group, write up a really concise summary of the house rules coupled with interpretations with the possible addition of things that make sense from Apoc II? We can then pdf it and email it to all participants.

One of my fellow imperials posted that the rules do clarify some things. Scarabs on superheavy armour, snipers wounding MC on 6, poison not nearly so strong etc.

So if we have discussed some house rules already why not evaluate the new rules and add what would make the experience better?

As always we know it will be awesome!

Cheers and thanks for putting this on!

Mongo

MasticatorDeelux
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by MasticatorDeelux » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah, the only thing I would recommend is including the strength D rules as well. Titans seem somewhat insane now (looking at you, Stompas.)
10k Ork Waaagh, 30% painted
11k Black Templar Crusade, 99% painted

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:59 am

No, we'll use the old D rules still.

kernbanks
Silver Vault Member

Post by kernbanks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 pm

May I make a suggestion...

A quick reference sheet to be used at apocalypticon. Especially with any modified rules... broad brush strokes nothing like a rule book.

This would allow the best of the new rules to be brought in (references cited) and then fall back to 6th edition rules and old stand bye Apocalypse rules... until next year...
~Kernbanks

jae4x4
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jae4x4 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Can MWG provide a piece of paper at the game that is a reference sheet to all the rules, including:

- Vehicle Damage Tables
- Super Heavy Damage Tables
- Modified Super Heavy Apocilyptic Explosion Rules
- Victory Point Conditions (including a scoring card, that we can submit)
- Units Not Allowed/Limited to One Units

Just to make things easier on everyone and so we don't need to be flipping through 3 separate rule books?

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:47 am

That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

Knightfall02
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Knightfall02 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 pm

that would be awesome
7k TY: Hive Fleet Typhon
6k CD: Khornate Demons
"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error"