Horus Heresy at Apocalypticon

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Re: Horus Heresy at Apocalypticon

Post by bigoldfrog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

@ xzandrate I just took a peek at your blog and saw that you had a tournament at the Games Nook (where I went for Ard Boyz in years gone by). Was there a larger gent' at the tournament by the name of Graham Chamberlain? By larger I mean muscular, about 6'3, dark hair, plays Drop Pod heavy Smurf Marines. He's a good friend of mine and always tries to hit up tourny's at the Nook.

Nightmare01
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Nightmare01 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:29 pm

bigoldfrog wrote:I too hope they will be used, but I believe the reason Matt (or whomever from MWG) was asking if Horus Heresy could be proxy'd by regular troops, was so that we could bring these iconic items but they'd simply represent something similar.

Though only 25% percent of the tickets have been sold, thus far only one person has said they'd be interested in bringing a HH super-heavy tank, and a buddy of mine is 'thinking' about it.
It may not require any allowances at all if no one brings the stuff.

Yes, and that person would be me wanting to pack pack a Fellblade super heavy tank in amongst the armoury of my Iron Knights Space Marine chapter coming to Apocalypticon this year. :D

I'm going to be honest, it's more on the grounds that for Apoc vehicles thus far: Space Marines have only one super heavy option, The Thunderhawk Gunship.

Now don't get me wrong, it's a nice vehicle... with a nice price tag of over $600.00 Canadian for the FW model. And not all of us are as skilled in the art of scratch built models as others. That and I like my Space Marine metal boxes, why should the IG have all the super heavy tank fun? :P

As far as the HH book itself is concerned, if we're trying to be "fluffy" then the Primarchs should be off limits as they are... well, daemon princes now and no longer the Primarch's they once were. The same goes for the legion formations, though I can see them as acceptable for CSM's as they are still their original legion designations and size.

There was a reason a certain row-boating space marine Primarch compiled a book from several sources called it the Codex Astartes, then convinced the remaining loyalist legions break down into chapters.

Vehicles on the other hand, could have indeed lasted through the ages, handed down as chapter relics as well as kept in service by their CSM oppisites.

But then you get into the grey area of what to and what not to ban from a book. So if the guys from MWG are against HH being at Apocalypticon at all, perhaps it's for the best that is simply stays that way and we all field something 41st Millennium fluff appropriate.

bigoldfrog
Silver Vault Member

Post by bigoldfrog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 am

Pray tell, even if you have to proxy the beasts as something else, you'll still bring the superheavy formation? I long to see some HH stuff dotting the battlefield, even if they're using rules other than themselves.

Nightmare01
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Nightmare01 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Sadly, I probably will not.

It's one of those "pending" projects. The pending in this case being getting the go ahead for HH to be used at Apocalypticon.

It was the reason I had begun asking about it now, rather than 2 weeks before Apocalypticon. As it would then give me enough time to order the beast from FW, get it shipped here, followed by building and painting. As I am in luck of not having to add much in the way of my list from last year save for 3 Land Raider Ares and 3 Whirlwinds.

I could go full bore on it, procrastinating along the way and still have it done in time. :D

UltraDeathsArmy
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by UltraDeathsArmy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 am

I'm playing Space Marines and the only Super Heavy I was planing to take was a Fellblade, so can I take it? I need to know because I have to put it together and paint it still (I'm a slow but highly detailed painter). The Forge World FAQ says Horus Heresy is usable in 40K, and I have the official Forge World datasheet for the Fellblade.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 am

The final word is that you can use the models as proxies for other vehicles and models that exist outside of the Horus Heresy datasheets.