Idea for next year

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
runawaysmallzzz
MiniWarGaming Regular

Idea for next year

Postby runawaysmallzzz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:19 pm

This idea would probably be tough to execute but I've been thinking of it for a little while now. I think it would be cool to see a "D-day" apocalypse game where the Imperial forces are the AEF and the xenos are the Third Reich defenders. It would obviously be tough because of the way the tables need to be setup but it could be a cool use of defensive terrain and maybe some custom weapons/rules. And I have ideas for how many of the models that are so far gone from something like what you'd see on D-day could work. One such idea is using titans as artillery or naval weapons (most of the big titans don't really move anyway). Hopefully this isn't just written off as a stupid idea. Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you want to here some more of my ideas and have some that you think would be cool just reply and we can discuss.
Hey look, I'm addicted. Go ahead, send me to meetings, it's not gonna help.

IGfanatic's Dustland Game

Forum Mafia 5 Sign-up

Zweedish9
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Idea for next year

Postby Zweedish9 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:08 pm

No.
"I want to play FOW but I can't get into the fluff"

"Nuts"

xtroopers9
Bronze Vault Member

Postby xtroopers9 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:39 pm

It could work, but with the number of people and points that we are starting to see, it would be very hard to plan it out and the team defending would be at a huge advantage.
20k pts of Necrons, fully painted
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE.

"Apocalypticon is like an arms race on plastic crack and I am thrilled to be a part of it."

runawaysmallzzz
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby runawaysmallzzz » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:23 am

Yeah, nvm on this idea. I've been watching Matt's sit and talks and he mentioned a bunch in the one that he's not really into historical. I think he meant more with the historical games but still, I doubt doing a historical type game even with 40k models would be up his alley. I don't like the historical war games either but I do LOVE military history so I'm still going to try to get a game like this to happen at my local store (on a much smaller scale) and if I do, I'll see about letting you know how it goes.
Hey look, I'm addicted. Go ahead, send me to meetings, it's not gonna help.

IGfanatic's Dustland Game

Forum Mafia 5 Sign-up

Brad555
First post! Good job, now post more...

Postby Brad555 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 am

Actually i dont have any great plan for next year so i cant explain any thing.Do you have any..???

Return to “Apocalypticon”