Possibility to bring back Apocalypticon?

Apocalypticon has been discontinued. Click here for all the details
Otamo7
MiniWarGaming Regular

Possibility to bring back Apocalypticon?

Post by Otamo7 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:16 am

I have been thinking about this for a while now, and I understand that the decision to cancel it in the first place. I know it is hard to run an event and lose money as a company. I was thinking if it is possible if you guys at Miniwargaming would run a Kickstarter to help bring back Apocalypticon. I am not sure if you guys have thought about doing something like this. I loved the event when I attended back in 2011, and would have loved to attend it more. The people there were awesome and it was great to meet people like you at Miniwargaming. It does suck that I can no longer look forward to an event like this anymore. This was just an idea that was going through my head to help with the costs of running Apocalypticon, as you have another Kickstarter for your movie going at this moment. Hope to meet you guys again, either in another Apocalypticon or a standard batrep.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: Possibility to bring back Apocalypticon?

Post by miniwargaming » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:30 am

We currently have no plans, but it's not just about the cost. It's also about the time it takes. We have a tight production schedule for our battle reports, and taking out the time it takes to run an event like this makes it hard for us to keep up with our schedule.

Maybe one day though... maybe. :)

Otamo7
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Otamo7 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Completely understand. It was just an idea that i had and thought I would share.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey Matthew, if you change your mind on Apocalypticon, be sure to give me a shout. I am sure I could find some time to help with the organizing. especially since my new job has me racking up a tonne of contacts in the area ;)
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Brutallica
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Brutallica » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:59 am

Hey Matthew, im a bronze subscriber, nothing fancy, been a fan since 2011, im from Denmark... So i wont be able to attend. But what i REALLY want to see is some cool Apocalypse, i like your batreps and all that, but i feel like your content is so much the same vibe, i wanna see the nerds, i wanna watch the enthusiasm, i want the feeling of WAR! I wanna be engaged in my hobby. And when i see alot of nerds with christmas lights in their eyes, IT INSPIRES ME!

Bring it back, dont be so uptight about your schedule. I want some days of your glory back.

Return to “Apocalypticon”