Rules of Terrorgheist shooting

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
Artman
Now we're getting somewhere...

Rules of Terrorgheist shooting

Post by Artman » Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am

Hello everyone,

i have a simple rule question about the Terrorgheist. Can he shoot (Scream) :
- from outside of Combat into a other unit wich is in Combat.
- From inside of Combat into an other Unit wich is not fighting the Terrorgheist
- From inside of Combat into the unit that is fighting the Terrorgheist.

I thought he can´t shoot into other untis fighting, but in your Episode 77 he could. I would love to know how to treat him right, beacause this is such n awesome Monster...

thanks for your help.

best regards
Artman

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Rules of Terrorgheist shooting

Post by Koonitz » Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 am

Artman wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am
Hello everyone,

i have a simple rule question about the Terrorgheist. Can he shoot (Scream) :
- from outside of Combat into a other unit wich is in Combat.
- From inside of Combat into an other Unit wich is not fighting the Terrorgheist
- From inside of Combat into the unit that is fighting the Terrorgheist.

I thought he can´t shoot into other untis fighting, but in your Episode 77 he could. I would love to know how to treat him right, because this is such n awesome Monster...

thanks for your help.

best regards
Artman
Welcome to the forums.

In Age of Sigmar, there are no general restrictions on shooting or using abilities, whether you are in combat or not, or your target is in combat or not. The only restrictions are whether the ability may be used in the appropriate phase/turn, and whether the target is in range and line of sight (and a viable target per the rules of the ability, of course).

In other words, a unit may shoot ranged weapons in its controlling player's shooting phase, whether they are in combat or not, at any target in range and line of sight, whether that target is in combat or not.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 03, 2018 2:13 am

Considering 8th edition, I know he can shoot out of combat and into his own, but I am not sure about shooting into another combat, it was in the FAQ, but that may be hard to find these days.

EDIT: Googled the old FAQ and the answer is yes to all of the above for 8th edition.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Artman
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Artman » Thu May 03, 2018 5:43 am

thank you both for your komments,

until now i play the 8. edition, so i may search the old FAQ, but your answers helped me a lot.

best Regards
Artman

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 am

As a suggestion, might I recommend posting further comments in the appropriate sub-forum relating to your thread. As can be seen, I made the assumption you are talking about Age of Sigmar, and Arnathos commented relating to 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy.

There is a forum for Warhammer Fantasy, and a subforum within there for Age of Sigmar.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 pm

I did check youtube and episode 77 of old world wars had vampire counts with a terrorgheist :) Also this used to be a common issue back in the day.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Return to “General Wargaming Discussion”