Couple questions about posting

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
JmOz01
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Couple questions about posting

Post by JmOz01 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:00 am

I am currently getting into WH40K, and started a gaming Youtube channel. I plan on doing a VBog about getting started on 40k...would it be appropriate to post links?...Defiantly feel it is on the line of appropriate/inappropriate...

Also would it be okay to put a link in my sig?

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Couple questions about posting

Post by Ronin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am

I think a link in your sig would be appropriate. If you make a forum post, it has to have some pretty substantial content to go with it besides just a link to check out.

JmOz01
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by JmOz01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:38 am

Thank you

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 am

As a note, there is someone that does post 'review' content in the 40k forums. Predominantly, reviewing new content as it is released. It does seem his sole purpose is to post this content, then disappear (never staying around to engage in any discussion, or to post other meaningful content on the forums).

The posts are long, and include considerable detail. They're a decent read, all around. Initially, the post included a link to his blog post of the same nature. However, the links were eventually removed, as it did constitute an 'advertisement' for his own site, which would have required he make his post in a separate section of the forum that gets significantly less foot traffic.

Be aware that if you do the same thing, even with substantial content as suggested by Ronin, you may be asked to do the same thing.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch