Recommend me some Vancouver hobby stores please.

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
Beanith
Bronze Vault Member

Recommend me some Vancouver hobby stores please.

Post by Beanith » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:21 am

Will be arriving shortly in Vancouver on the weekend and I was planning on checking out some wargaming stuff to take back home with me to Australia (crikey).

Stuff like gw, terrain (mdf) or cool gadgets etc for 40k.

Also not adverse to having a sticky beak at any gaming clubs in the area either. In town till November.

Thanks

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Recommend me some Vancouver hobby stores please.

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Beanith wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:21 am
Will be arriving shortly in Vancouver on the weekend and I was planning on checking out some wargaming stuff to take back home with me to Australia (crikey).

Stuff like gw, terrain (mdf) or cool gadgets etc for 40k.

Also not adverse to having a sticky beak at any gaming clubs in the area either. In town till November.

Thanks
Are you in Vancouver BC or Vancouver Washington?

If Washington, Dice Age Games had a really awesome shop - typical set up, MTG, wargaming etc. But TONS of minis from lines I don't normally get to see - spellcrow, infinity, reaper bones and metals, Kromlech, several others that I can't recall as well as all the GW stuffs. I dunno their schedule but they run games and such as well

Bat Cave Games was a great shop, I mostly went there for MTG tho.

Across the river, in Gresham (OR), is Goin' Gaming (off of Stark though which is having a TON of construction atm sadly). They were a bit smaller, more geared towards what looked like Pathfinder, and MTG but have a really friendly awesome staff and there's no tax in OR so it's worth a look :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Beanith
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Beanith » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 am

BC Canada sorry. Thanks though

Beanith
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Beanith » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 am

In case anyone is interested.

Best one I've found so far is Imperial Hobbies in Richmond near the airport - http://www.imperialhobbies.ca

CaptMaximus
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by CaptMaximus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Impeial Hobbies is a good, but if you're going to Vancouver, you owe it to yourself to check out the GW store there. It's one of the 'battle bunker' style stores. It's huge (for a GW) has a lot of tables, a good painting space and a really good staff. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Vancouver but I live in Calgary now (not a big fan of the GW store here - too small).

If the guys I remember are still there, it's a great store with a great community and staff.

Beanith
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Beanith » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:37 am

I've been there and it's a good store. We have the same style of store back home in Brisbane (Mt Gravatt) Not so great if one is after discounts though or terrain that doesn't cost a bomb 😁

As I said before, Imperial Hobbies in Richmond has the biggest range of "hobby" gear - Paints, bandui terrain etc. And their discount program is based on your spend/being a member.

Pastime (Surrey/Langley) has a small selection of GW stuff and its all discounted by 20/25%. They've also opened a larger store at tsawwassen mills apparently.

I've found a few others but nothing special price wise