A dual edge question

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
Phantos138
Now we're getting somewhere...

A dual edge question

Post by Phantos138 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:14 pm

I play chaos in both fantasy and 40K. And after much reading and researching I found lots of things that say Nurgle and Khorne shouldn't be put together in a army. But have not found anything that says you straight up can't. I am thinking about adding some Nurgle forces to my already existing Khorne army. But was wondering if anyone knew otherwise before I started investing a lot and finding out that it is not technically legal the hard way?

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: A dual edge question

Post by coldsteel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:23 pm

There used to be rules about Daemonic Hatred or some sort, where certain gods' pantheons could not ally because they hated each other. Not a thing now.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:36 pm

I think they just need to share a key word. In this case, this will probably be something like "Daemon" I guess. However, there might be characters that buff only daemons of the same chaos god though, so be vigilant to not grant buff to units that shouldn't get it.

BTW, Khorne and Nurgle go along relatively well like Tzeentch and Slaanesh or Slaanesh and Nurgle. The archenemies fluff wise are respectively Tzeentch and Nurgle one one side, and then Khorne and Slaanesh on the other. These guys hate each other to death. Khorne and Tzeentch aren't in good terms, but the rivalry isn't all out hatred like with their own archenemy. But this is all fluff. I don't think there is any rule since the end of the 3rd edition that forbid these combinations in game. If you want to keep fluffy, don't put Tzeentch and Nurgle together nor Khorne and Slaanesh together. But in game, nothing stops you to do it.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Phantos138
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Phantos138 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 pm

ok thanks for the answers that helps me a lot.