Warning concerning GW primer

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Warning concerning GW primer

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:51 am

Thanks for the warning!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Iguana1981
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Iguana1981 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 am

Realgone wrote:This morning I woke up to a "pop" sound and smell of primer, went to see in my closet where I keep most of my hobby thing. Appears a can of primer recently bought got angry and decided she had enough.

Luckily the damage are minimal (only a small box of spare bits got wasted) and seriously this is anything short of a miracle as that closet is pretty packed with 40k stuff.

If you got a can like that, i'd advice to keep it in a cardboard box, I know i'll do it from now on. :)

Happy wargaming!
Have you told GW this, never know it, could be safety issue? That could cause serious issues if that had gone off on a shelf or somewhere you'd been in.
Chaos ~ 679PL/11998 Dark Angels ~ 282PL/5449 Tau ~ 121PL /2152 Eldar ~ 217PL/3828

Chrissmith785 on Instagram

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

what kind of conditions was it kept in? like weather wise I mean. Would be good to know if that had something to do with it, I live in high humidity for instance.

Also, def agree with letting GW know - they have good customer service, and will likely give you another, but even if they don't it's something they should know about in case there's a manufacturing flaw on a batch or something.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:26 am

Realgone wrote:Luckily the damage are minimal (only a small box of spare bits got wasted) [...].
Just in case you might not know: You can remove primer from your bits by soaking them in disinfectant solution from your local pharmacy for a few minutes. Afterwards it can be easily scrubbed off with a toothbrush. In case you need any of those bits! ;)
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 am

Realgone wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:Just in case you might not know: You can remove primer from your bits by soaking them in disinfectant solution from your local pharmacy for a few minutes. Afterwards it can be easily scrubbed off with a toothbrush. In case you need any of those bits! ;)
Thanks for the tricks! I'm sure it will come in handy, just not this time. it wasn't the primer itself that damaged the bits, there was some clear liquid that melt the plastic. It must mix with the primer when you shake the can before use. I use the clear plastic box that we get sometimes with GW and ForgeWorld product for storing bits, the box and everything inside was all soft/melting when I found it.
Oh my, that's even worse! Gladly it only hit your spare parts!
Painted in 2018:

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 pm

sweet =D!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Yeah they really rock!

The only companies that've come close imo to their level of customer service are Reaper, and usually, Wyrd.

I had to contact GW about the Manufactorum I bought, after I realized there was a whole sprue missing, even though I'd bought it well over a year previously they still sent out the missing sprue.