Dream hobby model v2.

If you have something you want to talk about that isn't game-specific, but is still related to wargaming, post it here.
Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Dream hobby model v2.

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Cause I don't know how to look at dates lets do another one of these threads. What are your favorite models to assemble or paint or your "dream models". Mine would have to be the chaos warhound titan. Makes an awesome centerpiece for a chaos warband.
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Dream hobby model v2.

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Don't worry, it was nothing. I did necromancy myself a few times by mistake. I was just reminding you of the rules.

So, now to answer the question, which is a very good one for me because I've always a hard time making choices, I would probably either a Chaos Warhound Titan like you or a Hell Talon Fighter Bomber. I'm not normally into super heavies, but in that case, I really love the Chaos Warhound model and it doesn't eat all your points so he will see some action. It isn't OP either while still hauling quite a bit of firepower. And about the Hell Talon, I know that the Hell Blade is better, but I've always loved more the Hell Talon. I love the design. It looks both very chaotic, but also technologically advanced. I love the technological side of Chaos. It's the idea of pursuing science without ethic and without bounds that attracts me. It's very Tzeentchy and I love it. When you look at the Hell Talon, it looks both very menacing, but also quite nimble and fast for a starfighter of this size. I really like this combination. So, it would probably be my dream model if it's not the Warhound Chaos Titan. I would hesitate between the two.

I could have thrown Magnus instead, but it's a recent model, so I haven't desired it for a long time and I have to say that I've never been that much of a fan of Magnus design. I would like to have it, but it's not a dream for sure.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 pm

I always liked the aspect of some of the forgeworld chaos units of a mixture almost, a blending of science and sorcery. Like the hell talon and hell blade, and the Lord of skulls even. Not even going to lie I probably wouldn't even play with the warhound if i ever had the funds to purchase one, it would stay on a custom gaming table I'm building to display my chaos force in between games. Id be too scared to damage it to play with it :lol:
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:36 pm

General-Kroll wrote:lol it's funny that this thread should get resurrected. I started the last one and said how much I wanted a Thunderhawk. And lo and behold this weekend FW revealed that the LAST resin thunderhawk has been sold. The rumours are that a plastic one is on the way...

I'd be on that like a Fly to muck.
Seen deep within the dark pits of the WarHammer Design studio.
[+] Expand
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Personally, my second and third is Ahriman and Typhus. My dream model is funnily enough a wraithlord due to reading the fulgrim model way back in the day. Never done Eldar though so never got one. So maybe a Mualerfiend to have a more Chaos-y one for me ^^
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Sperian wrote:Kill krusha tank or the giant forge world squig thingummy

Or... not really a model but a full 6' by 4' of zone mortalis boards
Yup yup same - all definitely on the list...

I think if I were to have a favorite one to put together it'd probably be either the Skaven Doomwheel - just love the model - or the ork Trukk - such an awesome job making that orky and yet, it's really quite easy to assemble.

Since I have model ADHD - I really want a Imperial Knight, probably the Warden. Also a Gorkanaut. Although there may be some merging if I ever actually got both.

Of GW topics - I really want one of these:

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop ... a-set.html

cuz honestly, it's me.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)