The spikes, The beards and The bellies with pics

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

The spikes, The beards and The bellies with pics

Post by Stanfar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:50 am

I have arrived now with the images from my all three fantasy armies, which you can almost guess from the title. :lol: I still have some things to paint and convert such as the chaos warshrine and ironblaster. On top of that to complete all of the three armies (Warriors of chaos first :twisted: ) They are going to get a zombie nurgle dragon, Two shrines and chosens; but for the two other armies I cannot say anything yet. Now without any futher delay my fantasy armies:
Dwarfs:
Ogres:
Warriors of Chaos:
Last edited by Stanfar on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: The spikes, The beards and The bellies with pics

Post by Arnathos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 am

Great stuff! Can't wait for you to expand your armies!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

camsmclean
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Ya man very nice. My 3 fav armies! I really like the WoC!
I see you have some of the old Knights, very cool.
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah, he bought them from me. I still have a whole bunch of the OOP knights and warriors of chaos(the hunchbacks). The paint job on them is really crappy, that and the old warriors are impossible to rank up, literally.

I do have around 1500 points of warriors of chaos lying around here, not counting galrauch and Archaon. I went to expand on my daemons instead, but who knows, maybe I'll one day salvage what is left of my warriors.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

SonsofRuss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by SonsofRuss » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I love the dwarfs. THe colors are different and I really like them. I've been thinking how to paint mine this last weekend. Great work
Look after yourself today- you still owe me two flagons from our last arm wrestling match. It would be just like you to get yourself killed to avoid paying your debts.

Space Wolves 8000+ pts

Stanfar
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

Hello guys! I'm finally back with the images from my Ironblaster and let me tell you that ouh boy this model demands lots and lots of work... :lol: I will come back with more pics during the next month after the warriors of chaos update has been released so prepare for more chaos awesomeness. :twisted: See you next time. ^^

[Edited]

I forgot to thank all of you for your comments, so thank you very much. :D
Last edited by Stanfar on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

ringwraith

Post by ringwraith » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:24 pm

They look awesome, Stanfar! :)

imperialork3

Post by imperialork3 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 pm

the look really good
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

Stanfar

Post by Stanfar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:22 am

Alright you guys I'm back now at long at last... And I have arrived with some spiky things. Three old dragon ogres and Archaon, which I have been working upon for some hours and finally I got them finished.. Phew... :)
Next time I arrive with plenty of old chaos knights and couple Slaanesh lords with custom mounts. ^^ so until next time.

Ps. I can't wait for the new book to show up. I'm so excided!
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

camsmclean
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Nice Dragon Ogres! I love all your older models. The new book looks like DOs will be more useful (well, I hope... what do I know what GW will do?, lol!).
How do you like the old dragon ogre models? I never bought any, but might with the new ones coming out.... Id like to add them to my throgg list. Not sure if I should look for metal ones or wait for the new kits....

I always hate how archeon is like 600 points. I love the model and have a few of him on foot.... I painted one to match my cryx, so I could acually use the model, lol.

Keep the Chaos coming. Getting me pumped for the new book!!!!
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:13 pm

I sold Stanfar the rest of my old chaos junk. It was in a pretty terrible state so I sold it for cheap.

I also never got to use Archaon myself, he used to be over 800 points when I played. I'm going to try and organize a 4000+ points battle between me and Stanfar, if I can borrow some of his dwarfs as allies for my Empire. Then we just need to find a day when we can spend 8+ hours in one go on that game.

I really do want to see those models used, it included 40 old hunchback chaos warriors, 14 metal knights, archaon, galrauch, them 3 chaos ogres(which did see action btw, they used to be the ultimate warp lightning cannon killers, immune to warp lightning and S7 instant death goodness as WLC where chariots then.). I guess at some point it would be cool to actually have a battle with BOTH Archaon AND Galrauch but that might take a few years for us to build up our armies XD
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Stanfar

Post by Stanfar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Okay a little update with my mini of the month entry WiP pics. So here's Groumnir, rune breaker. ^^
And thank you camsmclean, I'm glad you liked my ogres. Personally I think they look great, but I'm not that impressed by their effectiveness within the actual game, although this might change within few days now. :D
I have almost done the mounts for the knights now, but I'm almost out of greenstuff at the moment so I haven't been able to do those custom ones yet. I shall be posting pics of them as soon as I can.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Stanfar

Post by Stanfar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Alrighty then, here are the pics of complete Groumnir. :) I hope you like it.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Stanfar

Post by Stanfar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:40 am

Hello everybody and welcome to have a look of my all Fantasy models at the same time now: :D

Yes there are much of guys undone or unpainted or etc... But no worries I'm working upon them. ^^
It is missing those 2 Slaanesh lords and that one nurgle champion since I haven't made their custom mounts yet do to the lack of greenstuff right now.
I hope you like that what you see and well... Comments anyone? :|
Stanfar out. 8)
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Stanfar

Post by Stanfar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 am

A small, but yet so important update for chaos! :twisted:

I'm going to do a huge convertion work still upon the scythe so no worries about that (Greenstuff is drying at the moment...) also I can finally start doing those mounts and also there's going to be another more custom made Dp, which I will be starting to work upon tomorrow. :D
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1