It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Having finally found an army that allows my Army ADD to run rampant, i figured i should draw up a list and get to buying/building an army. Criticism highly appreciated as i haven't played many games in 8th so i might be out of touch or doing it all wrong.

Lords

Supreme Sorceress
- Sacrifical Dagger
- Pendant of Kaeleth
Lore of Shadows

Heroes

Death Hag
- Cauldron of Blood
- BSB upgrade

Sorceress

- Dispell Scroll
- Guiding Eye
Lore of Darkness

Core

39 x Spearman

-shields
-full command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

20 x Crossbowmen

- shields
- musician, standard bearer

19x Crossbowmen

- shields
- full command

5x Dark Riders

- Crossbows
- musician

Special

20x Blackguard

- Full command
- Banner of Murder

5x Cold One Knights

- Full command
- Banner of Hag Greaf

Rare

Hydra

2 x Reaper Bolt Throwers

Supreme Sorc goes in large unit of spearmen for sac dagger goodness. Regular Sorc goes in the unit of crossbows. I'll plop the riders, knights, and hydra on the flanks as needed and place the Cauldron in the center. If you see any glaring weakness with this army let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I know it sounds silly, since most people HATE them...but consider a horde of Corsairs. Why? Well with 2 attacks basic, the frenzy banner and +1 attack from the cauldron you are getting 60 attacks each round of combat. Now, since you have lore of shadows, combine that with Mind Razor, and say hello to 60 S8-S9 attacks...at a high initiative. It is really strong combo, and whilst very glass hammer since elves are not that tough, you should really mince a unit...REALLY quickly.

It may sound a bit cheese, but 2 Hydras can destroy just about anything if they hit together, esspecially with magic support such as -3 Strength on the enemy.

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:41 am 

Lose the Bolt Throwers, they are awful. Also the second unit of Crossbowmen is unnecessary, I would consider replacing them with a unit or two of Shades who are by far one of the most useful units in the book.

Azeebo wrote:
I know it sounds silly, since most people HATE them...but consider a horde of Corsairs. Why? Well with 2 attacks basic, the frenzy banner and +1 attack from the cauldron you are getting 60 attacks each round of combat. Now, since you have lore of shadows, combine that with Mind Razor, and say hello to 60 S8-S9 attacks...at a high initiative. It is really strong combo, and whilst very glass hammer since elves are not that tough, you should really mince a unit...REALLY quickly.

Witch Elves do this same job far better than Corsairs ever could. Their attacks are also poisoned and they can also bring along the Banner of Murder so even without Mindrazor are quite formidable. Also best of all they are stubborn to the last model if the Cauldron is nearby. I use Witches in every list I play and cannot swear by them enough.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 am 

I pick corsairs simply because they have the better armour save, letting them get to combat quicker, and most of all i prefer the models, and they are a lot cheaper to get a formidable sized unit...but i am somewhat fickle like that lol XD

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:06 am 

I find the Armour Save negligible. On the way up towards combat I usually leave the Bloodshield from the Cauldron on them and give them a Harpy screen from shooting. Once in combat their pure killing power mixed with their very high initiative does the trick, and besides a 5+ isn't that great that I'll miss it.