Azeebos first Breton: A Bretonnia Work in Progress

Discuss all you want about the Warhammer game that started it all...
Azeebo
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Azeebos first Breton: A Bretonnia Work in Progress

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 am

Just to add insult tp injury, the game after that was a friendly store hosted event. My 15 knights of the realm ploughed into a hell pit abomination...in theory, i should destroy it on the charge no problem. Yup...epic rubber lance, and every dies...and then flees...and then rallies...and then charges again...and rubber lances...and flees again.

Never before have i seen 600 points of something do so little damage.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am

Here they are:

Sir Oberon, Gallant of Bretonnia

Sir Lucan, Bearer of the Sacred Standard

Sir Owain

The Red Knight

Sir Custard, The Noble Yellow Knight of Bretonnia

Elyan the White

Now for a totally unrelated image to bretonnia, but i have recently gotten into Lord of the Rings for a the Tale of Many Gamers campaign that is going on at my local store. It starts at 250 points, so i have started a mordor cavalry army...as a result here is my first Morghul Knight, excuse the lighting, he is a lot darker in person. I dont know how to turn the flash off XD

And finally, we have the Lance Formation with all my painted knights of the realm:

Hope the picture quality is acceptable, and i hope you find my first ever knights pretty cool. Im not a great painter...like at all...but i feel these guys have come out really well, and for my first highlights, i think all 6 came out really well.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

darkmessiah
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by darkmessiah » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

looking good bro i like the checker pattern the clours are nice and crisp and the highlights are fab too

BewareOfTom
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

I love sir custard XD
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 am

I love the models... man this thread really make me wanna get back into Warhammer fantasy... Curse you expensive book!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

Ya man, very nice. I really like the black knight.
Are you naming all the knights?

(I just put my thumb over the flash light).
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Glad you all like them :)

Sorry if i am tempting recovering adicts back into the hobby XD

Good call on putting the thumb over the flash lol

Lord Custard is in memory of the brave knight, named Custard of Castle Jive...we knew him well.

And yes, i am going to try and name all my knights...will try and get them named after arthurian legend characters until i run out of cool names...then i will probably revert to the classic bob, bill, tim, jim etc.

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:13 pm

My current knightly projects are the following:

Red and black knight with blue shield, white chevron design.

Blue knight wit yellow shield

The Green Knight. My take on the green knight is prior to his transformation into ethereal, so he is a lot more solid. He is primarily green, but also has a lot of Silver and Bronze on him. His horse is white, as is all his plumes etc. He is looking good so far.

5 more morghul knights XD

venomedpenguin
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by venomedpenguin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Looks amazing! I love all the detail! High five whoevers camera that is!
Now I want to start brets....
Warriors of Chaos 4000+ W-3
Ogres 3000+ W-4
High Elves 4500+ W-4
Bretonnia 3000+ W-2
Eldar 3500
Star Wars X-Wing W-7
FoW American 101st Paratroopers 2000pts
FoW German Grenadier Kompanie 2000pts

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm

You can thank Elfgirl, she is a member of the forum, although does not frequent it often.

My 4th knight is going to be yellow and another colour. Not sure what colour yet, but i have begun to notice bretonnia knights might all be unique...but they all use the same colours. Either red, blue, yellow, white or black. Mix them up together in various ways, its interesting not having a set scheme, but its also odd that you are still surprisingly restricted in what you can do ^_^

Nocturus
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Your knights are looking great! Got any test pesants painted up, or have you decided on the color scheme you are going for with them?

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 pm

lord custard is amazing. The rest look really good too. And its good that you have a camera that does them justice!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I wouldn't worry about staying in the red, blue, yellow, white or black range though too much. I have seen oranges and purples used.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

CptYellow
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by CptYellow » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Those painted knights look great!! I command you to stop distracting me from my Dwarfs!! :evil:

I personally never liked the 15 man Lance. Too risky if you rubber lance and a massive liability with that flank. I found two 9 man lances running in tandem worked much better, although costs more points so yeah. Although, you could run a lance of errants as the second one :wink:

Deployment will often win and lose you games as a bret player, it's absolutely vital.

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 pm

I have no peasants painted up yet, however i am thinking of painting each rank of 5 a different scheme representing them coming from the fiefdom of a different knight. It might get hard with the painful lack of transfers atm, but im sure i can work around that.

Once i have all my knights done up, i am moving onto pegasus knights, peasant bowmen and finally men at arms.

Speaking of pegasus knights, since the utter failure in my last game, i am dropping a few knights, changing up my generals load out to be more defensive and adding in 3 peg knights for more mobility. A big block of 17 knights is nice...its just that it comes to like 600 points almost...