It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yes those were the days. How i miss Rufus my pit pony. Hows the new yellow working out ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Im picking it up tomorrow since im heading to town, or to the metro centre in the afternoon.

Might even get some transfers applied before saturday as well! Those things have always scared me...

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 pm 

So as promised, here is my completed Musician to complete my first rank of knights.

And a shot of all 3 valiant knights:

Im going to try and purchase a cheap phone or something to improve the picture quality, but i hope these pics will suffice till then

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Looking great! We have a friend staring Brets in our group and he is frothing at the mouth over these posts!
As an FYI, the amount of money my wife and I spent on an IPad, the camera quality is rather grainy and poor. iPhones are better and make me sad!

Bretonnia 3000+ W-2
Eldar 3500
Star Wars X-Wing W-7
FoW American 101st Paratroopers 2000pts
FoW German Grenadier Kompanie 2000pts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 pm 

Im glad your friend is enjoying this WIP ^_^ Honestly, this is the most fun i have ever had painting in 12 years of wargaming. Its odd being able to paint what you want when you want and how you want...AND IT FITTING THE THEME! Also...the men at arms models...they are totally bad butt....like seriously awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Are your peasants going to all be the same color scheme, or are you going to partition a few peasants to each knight to show the ones that each guy brought along to war from his castle/fiefdom?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:02 pm 

Looking good. I like the checker patterns. Are you going to put a coat of arms in the other shields on the horses and knights?

Man if you lived near by I would give you a camera. I want to see better pictures. :P

Oh... and don't forget to do the bases...

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 am 

m14 wrote:
Are your peasants going to all be the same color scheme, or are you going to partition a few peasants to each knight to show the ones that each guy brought along to war from his castle/fiefdom?

Im thinking of having each peasant, or every peasants bearing a knights heraldry.

Todda wrote:
Looking good. I like the checker patterns. Are you going to put a coat of arms in the other shields on the horses and knights?

Man if you lived near by I would give you a camera. I want to see better pictures. :P

Oh... and don't forget to do the bases...

Yes, i will be using transfers for the coat of arms...it worries me somewhat since i heard they are a pain in the rear.

I have managed to find a pretty old phone...image quality should be slightly better. Failing that i have a REALLY expensive camera...but i think i have the wrong lens...will look into it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 am 

Hopefully these pics are clearer than the last.

Champion

Standard Bearer

Musician

Not sure how these are going to turn out...just a cheap old phone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
they're looking good. I like the white and black one, my idea that :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Hmm, I would try doing the pictures against a white background. That way the darker color schemes will be more prominent. With all of your paint pots and the dark wood of the desk you don't really get to see what amazing models they are!
You may need to add more lighting, since most old cameras don't have a great white balance and they come out kinda yellowish (thank you modern lighting). Try a table lamp or two near the model, if your camera has a flash it might reduce the large shadow the model may have...I hope.
Or I could be crazy and just dreamed this all up.
Yeah, I'm crazy

Bretonnia 3000+ W-2
Eldar 3500
Star Wars X-Wing W-7
FoW American 101st Paratroopers 2000pts
FoW German Grenadier Kompanie 2000pts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:44 am 

Ty for the tips, will try them out when i finish my yellow knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Are you planning to use the new textured paint from GW for the bases? Just curious as I want to know how well it turns out ;). Other wise keep up the good work because I think you are offically shameing me into painting my VC stuff lol.

Noc

Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm 

Im considering it, but have not got that far into development to give a definitive answer ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

They look great so far! As for Transfers, my best advice would be to use a *barely* damp brush to help you out with putitng them on if you help getting them to lay flat.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next